Author Topic: Lil Jon song incites violence  (Read 95 times)

mrtonguetwista

Lil Jon song incites violence
« on: September 06, 2003, 05:46:18 PM »
Rap Song Incites Violence
KAKE News

Five people were shot at the El Tequila nightclub last week. Police say the shooting was the result of an argument touched off by the song "Put Yo Hood Up" by Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boyz. This is the second time the song has spurred a shooting in Wichita. Police say it may have lead to a shooting last year in January.

Wichita police say the lyrics of "Put Yo Hood Up" seem to speak to people known for violence. It contains phrases that encourage people to carry weapons, like "We clicked up thirty deep and we always strapped up."

Lt. John Speer says the song adds tension to already unstable situation. He says when rival gang members meet tensions are already high. In an environment like a nightclub where drinking is involved, Speer says the song is likely to ignite violence. That's why police are asking Wichita club owners to not to play the song anymore.

Police are not demanding that clubs stop playing the song, they are only asking them to be responsible. Officers have met with club owners and asked them to be aware of who is in their crowd and the tension that might come from playing the song.

|JEM|ILL|

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ...Compare to me, PLEASE...
Re:Lil Jon song incites violence
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 06:17:11 PM »
Wait till the West coast start having problems...East coast and south have just started...12 People Been shot over Luda, Jon, Tipton, and T.I...For king of atlanta...it's crazy...
record[/font]
18-2
[/size][/font]

[/color]

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:Lil Jon song incites violence
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 06:41:20 PM »
THe song is called "Put Yo Hood Up," so I can see what problems that could make.