Author Topic: New Dilated Track - Poisonous  (Read 78 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

New Dilated Track - Poisonous
« on: September 09, 2003, 12:22:04 PM »
Having listened to it from dubcnn, I have to say that I am disappointed by this track. I always though that Dilated would stay well clear of this type of bullshit, but maybe I judged them wrong. Without the tacky hook, this would have been alright, the beat would have been a little commercial (Alchemist, what the fuck is this?) but it would have got by. But with that shitty chorus as well this track is pretty much garbage. I really do hope that the rest of Neighbourhood Watch doesn't follow the same path as this track, and stays more in the vain of Dilated's first two albums.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:New Dilated Track - Poisonous
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 01:16:29 PM »
must have missed it.... *Hits up Dubcnn.com & looks for the track*

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 07:43:18 PM »
i gotta sincerely disagree homeboy, I was really feeling it. Dope track, hook fit the song well.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 09:13:01 PM »
I'm feelin' this tracc f'sho.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 01:43:39 AM »
I prefer it to the lead single to Neighbourhood Watch, Marathon.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...