3 (9.4%)
5/10, Bla
1 (3.1%)
4/10, This album sucks!
1 (3.1%)
3/10, I hate obie trice...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Obie Trice "CHEERS" is....  (Read 726 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Obie Trice "CHEERS" is....
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2003, 02:18:55 PM »
i think imma end up agreein with u on this...............i mean i dont care wot cats say, 1st single usually tells alot about a album even if it sounds alot mo poppy than the rest of the shit...............for example........eminem shows without me, shit was a joke.........album didnt turn out as great as hed hope.............on the other end..............50 cent, not as good a lyricist as eminem but it doesnt mean u can put out jus as good a album............1st single.........in da club, aint no way anythin on obies shits gon be as strong a single as that...........u gotta recongnize how big that is.......but i heard "oh" and he spits some real nice shit on that, though bustas hook stole the show..........and the dre/obie joint which was aiight............but dre killed him on his own shit.........so u know, aint lookin to good.............but imma kop it and giv a fair opinion on what i think...........

peace

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 11:21:34 PM »
he has to release LADY as a single 8)

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 01:48:02 PM »
I d/l it today and its a pretty good album.  I wouldn't dare call it a classic but it is pretty damn solid.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 02:03:14 PM »
Bumpe'd it tuesday night...
after a long day of hard work.
{My favorite time to enjoy "new" music...}

And found myself more interested in production than I was with Obie's rhymes....
Found myself wondering what the next beat was going to sound like....kind of suck's.
cause I have always pride myself on content over...ect

on the initial listen, I gave the beats my entire attention.
maybe the next time around I'll notice what Obie has to say.
(by the way, when u hear Obie rhyme don't his style kind of leave u waiting for another rapper to jump in?)

So far on par with "Devils night" iMo...
But I'm liking Em's stuff he produced.

"Shit hit's the fan" bump's & killz the Mp3 version...
that was floating around the last couple of months.
just proves u can't f... with the actual thing.

Hatesrats 2oooTre
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 02:05:19 PM by Hatesrats »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2003, 02:18:22 PM »
yeah this is a 7.5 or 8 if ya being nice to it album.................dres 4 beats are the best thing about the album............eminems beat are pretty average........he sounds like he only puts in time on beats he'll be featured and the other ones for obie jus sound average......timbaland........man why duz his beats for jay-z and missy and rnb n pop beats sound so sick n he cant still make a good hip hop beat for anyone else?? i mean his hook saves the joint but the beat aint nuttin compared to wat his capable of........cuz this shit was weak......yet his still a a far far far way ahead of eminem production wise.........and fredwreck is ahead of him to.......but his sure come on along way since he ex produced devils nite.......that shit was horrible, look at him now, puttin in solid beats........still gotta long way to go yet though, this album proves that

anyways best thing about this album was dres 4 beats, nuff said....so far ahead of anyone on this album production wise............quite a few good single material on this 2, but nuttin compared to 50 and his singles......

oh by the way, "look in my eyes" is a sick joint.......and the setup 2........and "dont come down" is pretty tite.......and ofcourse theres "oh"  yeah its a decent album all together.........represents shady records but nuttin out of this world or anywhere near classic........but it'l bang for a while,

peace

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 04:52:18 PM »
Defo a dope album.  ;D

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2003, 04:58:23 PM »
I'd give it either a 7.5 or 8 overall. The production is really good, and I may be one of few who actually feels Obie lyrically. And of course Em came sicc as fucc on the mic in the guest spots. Dre spit one of his best verses since Chronic 2001 even though it was a diss verse. D12 all came nice on the outro, Nate came nice on the hooks, etc. Overall a dope album f'sho.

Final Overall Rating - 7.75/10

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2003, 07:40:40 PM »
5 maybe 6 out of 10...

KVB

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2003, 08:08:51 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks of the album as a disappointment?

I may be harsh here, but "Got Some Teeth", "Lady", "The Set Up", "Follow My Life", "Hands On You" & "Hoodrats" are all trash in my opinion. The rest of the songs range from decent to good, never anything amazing or mind-blowing. The best track is "Shit Hits The Fan", where Obie is outshined by Dre. "We All Die One Day" is also dope (with a sick verse from Em).

Obviously, I don't feel Obie much as an MC. Lyrically he's above average, but his flow is just too choppy and flawed, and he seems to have problems to stay on beat on many of the songs here. He also lacks charisma and authority on the mic (his raps are uninteresting). To sum it up I just don't see what's so special about this guy, I would much rather have seen an Proof solo on Shady Records.

Production is generally below average (the Dr. Dre and Timbaland beats are exceptions), Eminem should just give up his little producer dream and leave beat-making to professionals. For the most part, his beats were sub-par and unimpressive. (Although I give him props for "Average Man", which was nice. ;))

Conclusion: Completely ordinary album, 3-3.25 mics, 3.5 if I were to be nice. That equals a 6 out of 10.  :(

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2003, 02:27:52 PM »
^^^word word word, i usually find album better than they really are at first listen for sum reason, but yeah the more i listen it, the more i think obies lackin sumthing, like hateart said, u kinda feel he hopes he goin back n forth with another rapper cuz he can sure right, but theres more to rap than that...........thats why its not called writing.......as u gotta do alot more to make a sick joint........cant complain about dres production though, man he got sum sick shit on their.............i jus wished ra would have spit on that "look in my eyes" and "oh" beat..........the setup beat was sick to........but eminem needs to step up his game production wise nuff said...........

after final thoughts, this album is a 7/10 album.............the dre joints will still def bump for a while!

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2003, 04:43:48 PM »
Obie's nice, but Eminem SHITS on him on "lady".