Author Topic: Ras Kass Interview Up At Dubcnn Now!  (Read 333 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Ras Kass Interview Up At Dubcnn Now!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2003, 08:19:29 PM »
D-O-P-E. Ras is one of the greatest ever, I think his new shit will be like next-level hip-hop.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2003, 11:26:44 PM »
dope shit

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2003, 02:14:54 AM »
Just noticed that my Canibus questions were not asked/or he never answered them.

:P

And the tracklisting for Goldyn Chyld is so disappointing. The way it was made out it seemed like Van Gogh was scrapped and Ras made a whole new album. But the tracklisting Ras stated is Just a 3rd variation of the Van Gogh bootleg.

:(

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 02:21:31 AM »
Just noticed that my Canibus questions were not asked/or he never answered them.

And the tracklisting for Goldyn Chyld is so disappointing. The way it was made out it seemed like Van Gogh was scrapped and Ras made a whole new album. But the tracklisting Ras stated is Just a 3rd variation of the Van Gogh bootleg.

:(

And he didn't use all of the best tracks from Van Gogh :(.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2003, 02:40:17 AM »

probably because ras kass isnt canibus? lol

after the defari interview we're gonna have to vet questions that arent on topic...

West C. Connected

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 10:41:14 AM »
Good interview.
By the way, that track with Busta & Dre features Dina Rae  ;)
www.dinarae.net

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2003, 01:22:25 PM »
Kinda old but it's still a good damn interview. By the way it's not the "Stance", it's the Dre produced tracc called the "Seance".

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2003, 01:29:17 PM »
Kinda old but it's still a good damn interview. By the way it's not the "Stance", it's the Dre produced tracc called the "Seance".

By the way, you don't know for sure, Ras said he left off 1 or 2 tracks, and if you read the responses you would know that others have already mentioned that possiblity. And it's not produced by Dre, it's produced by Kon Artist aka Denaun Porter.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2003, 02:15:18 PM »

By the way, you don't know for sure, Ras said he left off 1 or 2 tracks, and if you read the responses you would know that others have already mentioned that possiblity. And it's not produced by Dre, it's produced by Kon Artist aka Denaun Porter.

Don't trip. I pretty much agree whi'chu. It's just that no one has ever heard of the "Stance", and since the "Seance" wasn't anywhere to be found on both of those tracclists I'm assuming.

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2003, 09:56:52 AM »
at least we'll see some of this material, thats cool :)