Author Topic: De La Hoya Gets Robbed!  (Read 397 times)

PLANT

Re:De La Hoya Gets Robbed!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 08:40:16 PM »
I feel sorry for people in Vegas who bet huge money on Oscar because they really got screwed out of their winnings... :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 11:47:22 PM »
some one brought up a good point to me

it depends on how you look at it........

if you're looking at it from the tech side of it.....Oscar clearly CLEARLY won this shit.......put aside what or who shoulda beat him...he won this shit this time

or if you're looking at it from a street point of  view...who was more fucked up.  hoya was looking bad, and mosely was still looking clean

i guess the judges were thinking street

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2003, 12:13:32 PM »
some one brought up a good point to me

it depends on how you look at it........

if you're looking at it from the tech side of it.....Oscar clearly CLEARLY won this shit.......put aside what or who shoulda beat him...he won this shit this time

or if you're looking at it from a street point of  view...who was more fucked up.  hoya was looking bad, and mosely was still looking clean

i guess the judges were thinking street

^^alotta judges take that into account too. Not jus how beat up u look, but also...the effect of punches. Mosely landed far less punches then De La Hoya, but did WAY more damage then De La Hoya did. So what does that say for De La Hoya's punching power? He also didnt land a lot of CLEAN punches, except for tha jab. They both hurt themselves in tha fight anywayz. Oscar jus quit jabbing in the middle rounds, he was hardly even active after round 6...and Mosely caught way up. Also Mosely's body shotz might have slowed him down. But Mosely shoulda been punching more throughout the WHOLE fight. His skills, to me....are FAR superior to De La Hoya...he just didnt throw punches! Anyways, i was hopin for a third fight...in LA....but it aint gonna happen.

Hittman2001

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2003, 01:09:40 PM »
i just saw this fight last night, i dont know what the big deal was...oscar deserved a draw at best...nothing more.  i noticed the announcers were giving oscar more credit than he actually deserved.  i know oscar threw more punches, but i didnt see most of them hitting mosley.  the ones that did hit him did not affect mosley.  i think this was the right decision

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2003, 02:40:28 PM »
i just saw this fight last night, i dont know what the big deal was...oscar deserved a draw at best...nothing more.  i noticed the announcers were giving oscar more credit than he actually deserved.  i know oscar threw more punches, but i didnt see most of them hitting mosley.  the ones that did hit him did not affect mosley.  i think this was the right decision

^^

Would sumbody pass this man a cup 'ah Henny?! lol *props*

dexter

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2003, 12:46:19 PM »
De la Hoya Lost get over it!

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2003, 01:17:34 PM »
De La Hoya Lost the fight! Like Lennox Lewis and Bert Sugar said Mosely won the fight