Author Topic: Why Is Nobody Tripping...  (Read 1057 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re:Why Is Nobody Tripping...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2003, 09:53:23 AM »
By the way no matter what is said in this thread.
Eminem is/an can never be as big as 2Pac. IMo

When one quotes and Constanly uses his {2Pac} name as much as Em does..
it would be impossible to reach that high for him.
Em's in a sort of box...where he has a fan base who follow him.
2Pac's influence is worldwide where they love him in countries who don't even speak the language.{he's Icon status}
And Among his Fans/ifluenced is the assumed BIGGER.
if by big, people mean he get's spun by radio & MTV cause of the door's people before Pac & then Shakur helped knock down then YES.

People need to remember hip-hop was not the every video on Mtv & even VH1 showin them music it is 2day.
it was but a seed of what comercial sucess it is blossmed into today.

{Pac get's spin's on radio...but that's after the fact 96'
don't count in the eyes on his trues}

If you mean he's more beloved & adored by his fan's...
I'll have to say prob not.

Hatesrats 2oooTre {Then again homie's....who cares}

« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 10:10:50 AM by Hatesrats »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2003, 10:04:50 AM »
By the way where did Ja say he was the new Pac?
was it on a song? {Which one}
was it that one {Hot 97} interview
peep's always tend to misquote where he talk's bout/to {DmX}
"Ya'll want Pac to come back?"...

ImO..Ja was talkin' bout the passion & heat Pac had in 96'...^^
kinda like askin' if people wanted to see that side of his style.
to get at his enimes with that type of emotin.
{That's what I got out of that interview}

If i'm wrong or there is another source that I have missed...
help point out the song or interview homies...
let me know!!

Holla
Hatesrats 2oooTre
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 10:14:06 AM by Hatesrats »

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2003, 10:11:29 AM »
^ the different is that Ja/ Crooked are doing it for the OWN projects, Eminem has only done it on ~free~ mixtapes, and this guest tracks isnt for his own project but for afeni.

and the other difference is.. eminem didnt say he *was* better than pac, only a white alternative?

the way I see it, if eminem's popularity now helps promote 2pacs resurrection movie and opens up his fanbase to 2pac, then i'm all for it. especially since eminem isnt doing this for self promotion, but as a homage to a man he's called his idol and influence.

Ja Rule calling himself the NEW Pac is bad...

Eminem calling himself the White Pac isnt so bad...  its not like saying your on the same level.. you see?

Its like someone saying they're the white michael jordan, they still aint the best..
but they're the best of white.. white men can jump, and jimi had a white rhythm section  :P

:-*

I've said it before, Ja can't call himself the Black Pac, because Pac was Black. So, he says he's the new Pac, pretty much. All Em is doing is claiming to be the new Pac also. Only difference is everyone HATES Ja and everyone LOVES Em. Which is fucked up. Like Hatesrats pointed out. There's always a reason for something Em does that makes it coo. Fuck that. If it's wrong for one, it's wrong for everyone, as far as I'm concerned.

Eminem is NOT claiming to be the new 2pac, he is claiming to the be the white equivalent, there is a massive difference.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2003, 10:22:05 AM »
and as for all the other stuff you cant compare 2pac and eminems popularity. eminem is far far bigger than 2pac ever was at the height of his fame.

after eminems gone how big his influence will be is an hypothetical argument. the only comparison could be with umm elvis? elvis is bigger than 2pac. eminem is the new elvis the source said that right? ;)

i'm trying to see what the crux of your argument other than blind eminem bashing is.

my main point is that eminem is not explioting pac for sales of his own project, but was actually approached by 2pacs estate to contribute to the project.

he hasnt been remaking 2pac songs on his albums.
he hasnt been putting 2pac verses on his albums.
he hasnt been putting 2pac remixs on his own albums.
he hasnt been 'biting' 2pac... either in image or style.

he has only used 2pac verses on underground (e.g. quitter) and mixtape related stuff... all either low volume, or free mixtape material. i.e. non commercial, non profite, and in the latest instances to throw disses at ja rule.

ja rule has used 2pac verses and remakes on his own albums and blatantly copied his image... all for his own profit.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2003, 10:28:55 AM »
mannnn, I gotta keep it real...I agree wit Overseer 151%

There's a major difference between everything yall stating which I dun wanna get into...

Major Props 2 Eminem 4 makin that shit too...When I heard it tha 1st time it brought tears 2 my eyes...real talk...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2003, 10:42:58 AM »
mannnn, I gotta keep it real...I agree wit Overseer 151%

There's a major difference between everything yall stating which I dun wanna get into...

Major Props 2 Eminem 4 makin that shit too...When I heard it tha 1st time it brought tears 2 my eyes...real talk...

yea the song is hot

smerlus

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2003, 10:53:53 AM »
cause he's white

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2003, 11:02:06 AM »
I dont really like Em. But it's obvious that he is bigger than 2pac has ever been. Forget that "worldwide" thing some talkin bout. Em is worldwide, Pac was not. I live in Spain and nobody in here knows Pac (only them hiphop heads) but everybody knows Em. I once was downloading some music in the university and a fella came to me and said "whatcha downloadin?" I said "2pac" and he said "oh yeah, THEY are tight". NIGGA DIDNT KNOW THE FUCK HE WAS TALKIN ABOUT!

And dont get me wrong, I love Pac's music, I dont like Em much, but that's how it is.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2003, 11:53:12 AM »
Hatesrats brought up a good point, Ja has never claimed to be the new Pac. Can someone bring a quote in where Ja claims to be Pac? Nope. So, if it's cool for Em to say he's the White Pac, would it be cool if Ja said he was the the NY/Queens Pac? Would it cool for Ja to make a song on a Pac album like it is Eminem?

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2003, 12:00:04 PM »
nah he cant say that, but he could say he's the rat faced pac  ;D

yeah if he made a track for a pac album then it might be better.. like Nas for example...

Kokane

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2003, 12:18:48 PM »
"Ya'll wanna see Pac come back its here nigga its here" Thats what he said on the Hot 97 interview actually his interview was funny guess DMX got him really pissed off  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 12:26:40 PM by Kokane »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2003, 12:21:40 PM »
Though the Outlawz and Suge said that 'Pac made up with Nas, but when Suge got mad at Nas, he took it back.. lol.  Neither Ja nor Em was ever cool with 'Pac. Though there is a difference putting out shit on mixtapes and shit, and releasing it in your album. I hated the Pain Ja did, mainly 'cause I wanted to do it first... lmao... but for reals, either way, I think the remix Em did is good for 'Pac and Eminem, as newer fans get to hear 'Pac because of Eminem prodeuction. Oh, and there is no way Eminem is bigger than 'Pac 'Seer, sorry, but 'Pac in the early 90's just killed any amount of fame I've ever seen. Every woman I knew loved 'Pac, he was selling records like nothing, and is the all time biggest selling rapper. Also, if Eminem dies, I doubt he would have as many fans as 'Pac did, looking up stupit facts about music videos, and looking at all these numbers, trying to keep this man alive. Skin color is still not bigger than 'Pac. His by far the black Elvis. Even the eastcoast bias Source can't denie, his the biggest icon in Hip-Hop history.

teecee

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2003, 12:46:24 PM »
I didnt like the idea of Em doing this track, but i cant front, he laced it and it is even better than the original.   And it is a little different producing a beat than taking a song (or about 4) and pretending they are yours (Pain ft. Pac was pathetic).  Besides. JA HAS claimed to be the new pac, like on that interview and shit.  Its so obvious, he is the one riding pacs nuts harder than anyone in the game.  

If Eminem ever redoes a Pac song and puts it on his album and it features tupac, then i will be te first to say fuck eminem.  

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2003, 01:03:14 PM »
Bump'd Pac before...
Bump'd Pac after 96'
and will Bump his music until the day I die.

I don't give a fuck who produces what.
I'll buy an 2Pac acapella lp if they released it.
I own all EM's records & consider myself a listener
*(although his replay value may only last a week ImO...personal: Me not You)
EM's production is defo a great addition to his talent..
but I would not buy or love/hate a track cause he was behind the boards, just because it's....

I'm going to scoop this Soundtrack when it hits..
and bump it regardless.
if Em put's it on his album or Mixtape or however it get's out...it still get's out.
it's still free/paid promotion right there, like it or not.
it's out there & people know who did it.
Is Em getting paid for this track?

SGV's question was...
"Why is nobody tripping?"
If it's D.Vegas {Trippin}
Cold 187um {Trippin}
Daz Dillinger "Makaveli & Dillinger" {Trippin}
If it's Afeni Shakur hiring producer's to rework Pac's music {Trippin} (oh wait!! not this time) ect...

It's about bout' Pac
Hatesrats 2oooTre
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 01:16:11 PM by Hatesrats »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2003, 01:10:31 PM »
Agree 100% with SGV & Hatesrats, especially this one:

If it's Afeni Shakur hiring producer's to rework Pac's music {Trippin} (oh wait!! not this time)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris