Author Topic: Who got my box set? {Scarface}  (Read 420 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Who got my box set? {Scarface}
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2003, 01:25:03 PM »
Well, Universal MAJORLY botched the first version of this movie. The video was grainy, blotchy, and has some VERY serious compression artifacts. There were major scratches evident and it looked horrible. Same deal with the sound. I guess they fixed it up a bit in this release and it looks much better.

uhh right...u do know it was made in 1983 right? everything looked and sounded like shit back then...i mean...wasnt mauzip born in 83?

Woodrow

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2003, 02:39:47 PM »
Well, Universal MAJORLY botched the first version of this movie. The video was grainy, blotchy, and has some VERY serious compression artifacts. There were major scratches evident and it looked horrible. Same deal with the sound. I guess they fixed it up a bit in this release and it looks much better.

uhh right...u do know it was made in 1983 right? everything looked and sounded like shit back then...i mean...wasnt mauzip born in 83?

You don't know much about DVD's do you?

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2003, 02:56:18 PM »

You don't know much about DVD's do you?

im sure there are a lot of ppl who dont know what the fuck a "Compression Artifact" is  ::)...and im not talking about the dvd...you said the original release so i assume you're talking about the video released in 83 or 84...of course it will look and sound like shit...the original dvd doesnt look or sound bad at all...and the new dvd looks and sounds great.