Author Topic: Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?  (Read 1835 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Will Eminem ever be above Biggie?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2003, 01:38:24 PM »
man eminem aint even top 3 material........id love to see him be balck n try n come with this same shit n see how ppl rate him........

his one of the best today.......but all time?!?? no way

his topics about britney, his mom, tryna create contraversial shit n played out gimmicks is weak........then he comes with some real nice deep shit n sick lyrics, which is more hip hop.........but he dont stay true consistant......

imo pacs the best, no one did shit like him, even all his unreleased verses are sick and alot fo them were like leftovers......n that would shit on ppl both flow, content and lyrics wise of the 2003 kats........n thats sayin sumthing.......same with biggie, never really was a biggest biggie fan, but i appreciate wat he did.......

imo nas is a greater hiphop cat then eminem n most hiphop heads will agree because nas can do shit that releates to both the og hiphop klan n the new, his got sick sick lyrics, his story tellin is mad tite, and its good stories to, shit thats clever, n his doin sumthang in hiphop for a cat who sells that nobody else is doin, real hiphop......and he also has on of the most underrated flows in the game, plus all i gotta say is "illmatic" and shits over......i like jigga to but i think eminem is grater than him imo...........but rakim???.........eminen aint shit compared to ra either

my top list of all time goes imo.........

1)pac
2)rakim
3)biggie
4)nas

peace

eS El Duque

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2003, 01:59:45 PM »
biggie flows li ke no other, fucking smooth as fuck.

Big Pun and EMinem both got nice flows..just like B.i.G.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2003, 04:50:08 PM »

kick ass album

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2003, 05:37:20 PM »
man eminem aint even top 3 material........id love to see him be balck n try n come with this same shit n see how ppl rate him........

his one of the best today.......but all time?!?? no way

his topics about britney, his mom, tryna create contraversial shit n played out gimmicks is weak........then he comes with some real nice deep shit n sick lyrics, which is more hip hop.........but he dont stay true consistant......

imo pacs the best, no one did shit like him, even all his unreleased verses are sick and alot fo them were like leftovers......n that would shit on ppl both flow, content and lyrics wise of the 2003 kats........n thats sayin sumthing.......same with biggie, never really was a biggest biggie fan, but i appreciate wat he did.......

imo nas is a greater hiphop cat then eminem n most hiphop heads will agree because nas can do shit that releates to both the og hiphop klan n the new, his got sick sick lyrics, his story tellin is mad tite, and its good stories to, shit thats clever, n his doin sumthang in hiphop for a cat who sells that nobody else is doin, real hiphop......and he also has on of the most underrated flows in the game, plus all i gotta say is "illmatic" and shits over......i like jigga to but i think eminem is grater than him imo...........but rakim???.........eminen aint shit compared to ra either

my top list of all time goes imo.........

1)pac
2)rakim
3)biggie
4)nas

peace
ill agree with that list, em is like #15

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2003, 07:03:41 PM »
haha
Nobody could tell a story like biggie,not pac not eminem...plus his style was so unique and original..his style shits on both pac and eminem
There once was a guy named Slick Rick....and there was another named Ice Cube...*walks away*

VDK REPPIN!

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2003, 07:15:13 PM »
This is the list.

1. Rakim - Inventing and perfecting the multi-syllable rhyme scheme. Influenced the way emcees rap now.
2. KRS-One - Brought together the community,taught the community, and was the unofficial spokesperson for hip-hop.
3. Ice Cube - Brought credibility to West Coast emcees, while dropping classic after classic.
4. Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick.
5. Nas - He dropped Illmatic, and has influenced every rapper since.

To tell you the truth, 2pac and Eminem are neither in my top 10. Tupac did have a huge impact on Hip-Hop, but he brought nothing new to it, infact his 'thug persona' could be the turning point for quality hip-hop music as we know it. He was a mixture of N.W.A.'s 'gangsta style', while at the same time trying philosophize, teach, and bring together the black community like KRS-One. Eminem is an ill emcee, but lacks the catalogue that many other appers have. Don't get me wrong, I listen to him all the time, but he has not brought nothing to the table that is mindblowing.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 10:13:56 PM by abstruse »

VDK REPPIN!

SGV

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2003, 10:37:43 PM »
How are Biggie, Pac and Em in the top 10?

KRS
Cube
G Rap
Slick Rick
Chuck D
Ice-T
D.O.C.
Scarface
Too Short
Big Daddy Kane

D.O.C. is debateable, but that's pretty much the top ten, not in order of course. That's skill, longevity, influence, albums.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2003, 10:45:35 PM »
14. Lauryn Hill

good dog  ;D

lol... hey... best female rapper ever. Was very nice, and had a great message. Also, 5 grammy's for a hip-hop/r&b album isn't bad, and had a nice singing voice to go with her skillz. top 15 for sure, doesn't have to be hardcore.

The Watcher

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2003, 11:02:23 PM »
you're never going to get everyone to agree on a top 10 MCs list.. another pointless debate
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2003, 04:10:03 PM »
How are Biggie, Pac and Em in the top 10?

KRS
Cube
G Rap
Slick Rick
Chuck D
Ice-T
D.O.C.
Scarface
Too Short
Big Daddy Kane

D.O.C. is debateable, but that's pretty much the top ten, not in order of course. That's skill, longevity, influence, albums.

Good choices, not the exact same as mine but some great rappers in there people sleep on like Chuck D, Ice-T & BDK.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2003, 03:30:15 AM »
The thing with biggie and pac is their deaths immortalised
them to a level that no other rapper could achieve, also
pac cause he left behind such a big archive of unheard
material that it made him such of huge icon of hip hop.
with em he is the biggest rapper in hip hop today but I
don't think he could reach the same level as pac and biggie
unless he came to the same ending as pac & big.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2003, 05:07:39 AM »
to tell u the truth, the only way to answer this thread's question objectively is by disgarding the facts of their death, and judge strictly by Rap quallities,I know how hard it is to ignore imortalized greats, I don't believe that "Above biggie" means famewise, the discusion is about skillz.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2003, 10:10:20 AM »
IMPACT (Time & Still)

Fuck it here's my list....ImO

1.Ice Cube {wo/90% of today would not exist}
2.2Pac {No need to explain}
3.Rakim {The BLUEprint...)
4.Eazy-E {Smartest hip-hopper ever....}
*Ask Dash, Master P, Suge Knight ect...*
5.Notorious B.I.G. {Ressuerected NY with  :o}
6.Big Pun {Untouchable rhymes/flow & ability..}
*I'll put Pun toe 2 toe with any rapper dead or alive*
7.KRS-one {Best of the best in Battle/knowledge}
8.Big Daddy Kane {1st Lyrical/PIMP/Player u name it..}
9.Scarface {Brought the South to hip-hip}
*Very underestimated lyrical, Face bring's passion*
10.Too $hort {The 1st to do just about everything}
-----------------------
Hatesrats 2oooTre

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2003, 12:28:24 AM »
IMPACT (Time & Still)

Fuck it here's my list....ImO

1.Ice Cube {wo/90% of today would not exist}
2.2Pac {No need to explain}
3.Rakim {The BLUEprint...)
4.Eazy-E {Smartest hip-hopper ever....}
*Ask Dash, Master P, Suge Knight ect...*
5.Notorious B.I.G. {Ressuerected NY with  :o}
6.Big Pun {Untouchable rhymes/flow & ability..}
*I'll put Pun toe 2 toe with any rapper dead or alive*
7.KRS-one {Best of the best in Battle/knowledge}
8.Big Daddy Kane {1st Lyrical/PIMP/Player u name it..}
9.Scarface {Brought the South to hip-hip}
*Very underestimated lyrical, Face bring's passion*
10.Too $hort {The 1st to do just about everything}
-----------------------
Hatesrats 2oooTre

With the exception of Too $hort, same people different order. It's all good, 'cause as long as the people are up, I think that it's close enough. Real hip-hop fans regonize who's the greatest. I like Eminem, but his not top 10 at all. Also, Kool G Rap, Chuck D, Slick Rick, Too $hort and D.O.C. are all in my top 20. But I think that in terms of skillz, Eminem is better than all of them, in wordplay battle rapping, and/or impact. Like with Kool G Rap, I think Kool G is better as a rapper, but Eminem's impact just is too much for Kool G. Same with D.O.C., though in terms of just pure skillz, D.O.C. is only behind to Rakim, Biggie and Pun to me. That shows you how much I judge impact. I think Eminem is slightly better than Slick Rick in skillz, and way better than Chuck D or Too $hort. But both Too $hort and Chuck D's impact, and Chuck D's message and hard delievery are too hard to ignore. Maybe I'll complete my list, and make a top 50 like everyone else.

AbbyNinja

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2003, 06:17:22 AM »
Eminem could b better than biggie coz he already shocked everone when he became the greatest white rapper of all time so i do't see why he couldn't b da greatest of all time if he try's hard enough, but he's still got some living compotition like Nas and his boy 50.
Some mother fuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill. - Blade