Author Topic: R & B Fans...  (Read 430 times)

SGV

R & B Fans...
« on: October 27, 2003, 06:00:13 PM »
Have any of you heard the Anthony Hamilton, Goapele or Dwele LP's? I'm interested in hearing these. I've heard some of Goapele's LP is sounded banging. That's the type of R & B I like. Not that Jagged Edge/Marques Houston/Jaheim Rap & Bullshit. If ya'll can drop some info on these LP's for me, I'd appreciate it.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:R & B Fans...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 06:08:09 PM »
yeah Anthony Hamilton is dope thats some real Soul right there ....My First love is my fav of the album

DWele is tight too  so is jaheim even Jagged Edge is tight but Marques Houston is the bullshit

SGV

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 06:12:31 PM »
yeah Anthony Hamilton is dope thats some real Soul right there ....My First love is my fav of the album

DWele is tight too  so is jaheim even Jagged Edge is tight but Marques Houston is the bullshit
Just the man I was looking for. Thanks. Jaheim is a dope singer, I can't say he's not, but he uses too much Hip Hop in his style for my taste. Same with Jagged Edge. R & B singers nowadays sound like they're singing raps. I hate to say it, but thanks to R.Kelly, this is the new trend. R.Kelly is slowly ruining R & B by producing all these Rap & Bullshit tracks. Goapele's LP features a few emcees, but she keeps it strictly R & B. I'm old school, I like old school sounding R & B. Thanks again.

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 06:16:49 PM »
man you HAVE to check out goapele. reading this post made me decide to pop it in, she reps bay area, more specifically oakland, and has ties to hieroglyphics. her albums features hip hop artists zion i and pep love. she has opened for many artists like talib kweli, roots, common, kanye west, etc..
she never sings offtune like ashanti and shit and her voice is absolutely beautiful, a lot of her songs have live instruments and bands in the background, which make a significant impact on the sound. i have already seen her in performance twice, because i dig her music so much, its very relaxing, and the music is just soothing. she writes or cowrites all her lyrics, as opposed to many other artists. some of her songs are influenced by her southern african heritage. and her songs are not about stupid shit, like "babys cheating on me" and bullshit like that, but address more important issues at hand. this is one of the few cds out of all the genres that i can actually play all the way thru. i'm not a big r+b fan at al, the only reason i picked this cd up was because she was from the bay, but after listening and seeing her in performance, i have to consider this cd as good as erykah badu's baduizm, brown sugar, and the likes, and definitely one of the top three or five cds ive picked up this year.

SGV

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 06:27:08 PM »
man you HAVE to check out goapele. reading this post made me decide to pop it in, she reps bay area, more specifically oakland, and has ties to hieroglyphics. her albums features hip hop artists zion i and pep love. she has opened for many artists like talib kweli, roots, common, kanye west, etc..
she never sings offtune like ashanti and shit and her voice is absolutely beautiful, a lot of her songs have live instruments and bands in the background, which make a significant impact on the sound. i have already seen her in performance twice, because i dig her music so much, its very relaxing, and the music is just soothing. she writes or cowrites all her lyrics, as opposed to many other artists. some of her songs are influenced by her southern african heritage. and her songs are not about stupid shit, like "babys cheating on me" and bullshit like that, but address more important issues at hand. this is one of the few cds out of all the genres that i can actually play all the way thru. i'm not a big r+b fan at al, the only reason i picked this cd up was because she was from the bay, but after listening and seeing her in performance, i have to consider this cd as good as erykah badu's baduizm, brown sugar, and the likes, and definitely one of the top three or five cds ive picked up this year.
Yea, she's on the hook Heiro's first single "Sowetto." She got me hooked on Aceyalone's album, and then on E-40's album. Her vocals are great. I'm gonna have to pick up her album no doubt. She reminds me of Mystic, minus the ability to rap and with better vocals. Mystic is dope live, I'd like to see Goapele live. Props on the post homeboy.

Also, has anyone heard the new Erykah Badu album?

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 09:49:34 PM »
yeah dude anthony hamiltons album is one of my favorites to come out this year...my two favorite songs from that album are: "Lucille" & "Chyna Black"...its such a damn good album...Dwele is dope too...i downloaded his album a month or so before it came out...i was real impressed...hes dope.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 10:11:01 PM »
Yea, she's on the hook Heiro's first single "Sowetto." She got me hooked on Aceyalone's album, and then on E-40's album. Her vocals are great. I'm gonna have to pick up her album no doubt. She reminds me of Mystic, minus the ability to rap and with better vocals. Mystic is dope live, I'd like to see Goapele live. Props on the post homeboy.

Also, has anyone heard the new Erykah Badu album?

yep and "Back in the days" is my fav song

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 02:33:37 AM »
the Anthony Hamilton album is really good and Erykah Badu has never dissapointed me :)

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 04:48:13 AM »
yeah i've been bumping badu's new album quite a bit :)

got all her stuff.. that live ones good too.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 11:13:51 PM »
saaaaaaaaaaaadiq

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 11:36:01 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 11:36:19 PM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

Nightfall

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2003, 09:31:49 AM »
i stil have ta hear Goapele's album, im really interested