Author Topic: Name some Gangster/Mob/Crime movies....  (Read 247 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Name some Gangster/Mob/Crime movies....
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2003, 04:04:57 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I've seen them all, and The Godfather, & Scarface were great... but in my opinion (MY opinion), Easily the best acted and most interesting Mob type movie... urgh, whatever... is "The Sopranos" on HBO. EASILY better than even the Godfather.  In My Opinion.  It probably differs from others opinions, but that's my feeling.  The acting period just blows everything else I've seen away (with MAYBE the exception of Pacino's portrayal of Scarface).  

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2003, 04:13:53 PM »
I gotta tell ya, I've seen them all, and The Godfather, & Scarface were great... but in my opinion (MY opinion), Easily the best acted and most interesting Mob type movie... urgh, whatever... is "The Sopranos" on HBO. EASILY better than even the Godfather.  In My Opinion.  It probably differs from others opinions, but that's my feeling.  The acting period just blows everything else I've seen away (with MAYBE the exception of Pacino's portrayal of Scarface).  

in some ways i agree with you...but i think its easier for them to make a better portrayal of that type of life over 6 seasons than it is over 1 or even 3 movies...the sopranos is a damn good show though.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2003, 04:16:29 PM »
^^ Yeah, but I was hooked after about 3 episodes, that's less than 3 hours, about the length of the first Godfather.  

And it's only been 4 seasons broadcast so far, but I get your point, and you're right, I'm just saying if you want good gangster stuff, the Sopranos is by far the best.  The actors and Actresses alone make it worth watching, these guys and girls are class acts, some of the greatest talent in acting today works for that show.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2003, 04:24:02 PM »
^^ Yeah, but I was hooked after about 3 episodes, that's less than 3 hours, about the length of the first Godfather.  

And it's only been 4 seasons broadcast so far, but I get your point, and you're right, I'm just saying if you want good gangster stuff, the Sopranos is by far the best.  The actors and Actresses alone make it worth watching, these guys and girls are class acts, some of the greatest talent in acting today works for that show.  

yea i agree...btw...by 6 seasons i meant that they have the 6th filmed already lol...my bad i should've clarified...but yeah i agree...the show is dope as hell. i remember the funniest thing i've ever seen in that show...i dont remember what season it was from or even who said it...but it was something like this:

old man: drop your pants
young man: what?
old man: drop your pants
(young man drops his pants)
old man: eh...i guess you could call that a dick

that shit had me rollin...

pappy

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2003, 04:29:06 PM »
goodfellas is the greatest gangsta flick of all time

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2003, 04:39:20 PM »
Cant forget ghost busters.  :D

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2003, 04:44:22 PM »
Cant forget ghost busters.  :D

fo'real that movie was thugged out   8)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2003, 05:09:15 PM »
lmao

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2003, 05:50:33 PM »
Reservoir Dogs

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2003, 07:53:59 PM »
They've actually only filmed 5 seasons but signed on for a 6th.  That scene you're talking about was Paulie talking to Chris, they were strip searching people randomly to see if they were wearing wires, LOL.  

pappy

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2003, 09:29:28 PM »
the sopranos,  resvoir dogs,  scarface aint got nothing on the goodfellas

AbbyNinja

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2003, 03:21:44 AM »
A sick film 2 watch is Bones, it's bout some gangsta who gets shot up by his homies and he comes back and fucks them up, da main character is snoop and he goes on like da G he is.
Some mother fuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill. - Blade