Author Topic: Wack rappers ! Tite beats ? want wack rappers off tite beats (look inside)  (Read 423 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re:Wack rappers ! Tite beats ? want wack rappers off tite beats (look inside)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2003, 01:39:37 AM »
haha, thats pretty cool

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2003, 01:34:39 PM »
This is impossible. professional software (which is much more powerful than this toy that is coming out) has attempted this for years and produced only lackluster results. It will never be fully functional

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2003, 12:16:15 AM »
This is impossible. professional software (which is much more powerful than this toy that is coming out) has attempted this for years and produced only lackluster results. It will never be fully functional

That's what I thought. I have heard of equipment or companies who can do it but I've never seen it actually work. I kno some people will be like "I can take the lyrics off the track for you" but they'll end up just makin a loop of a certain part of the song where there are no vocals.

But also...if somethin really could take out vocals, what about vocal samples that are in songs? How could it tell the difference?

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2003, 03:23:09 AM »
It won't work properly, professional programs have tried for years and it only really works when there is a big difference between the tone of the voice and the tone of the beat. I remember when the Sega Saturn came out it claimed it could do this as well but it was useless at it. Obviously technology has moved on a lot, but i still can't see it working very well.

BAD_SCE

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • WHO THAT
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2003, 05:42:48 PM »
Well i picked up a egm mag and i saw some thing onis music mixer. they siad out of all the songs they tried 2 did not work at all and the rest worked allmost perfect but i dont think they where useing rap so it probly work real well for rap voice stays same volume the whole song
thats me

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 07:39:04 PM »

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2003, 08:11:09 AM »
...what about vocal samples that are in songs? How could it tell the difference?...

Yeah, for example Eminem's voice is added to the beat in Obie's "Hands On You" at the beginning. It would be to difficult for a programm to notice what's part of the beat and what's only the voice.

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2003, 09:38:20 AM »
You guys need to understand a little bit about music itself. Once a song is mastered in 2 channels (left and right), it is done. There is nothing that can be done to filter out vocals completely alone or vice versa, instrumentals cannot be filtered out either. It is not about "recognizing" or "knowing" what is what on a song, but being able to differentiate from tones and pitches. There are certain EQ's and filters that can come pretty close to taking out maybe a bass or a voice, but flawless results will never be possible unless masters are obtained. and maybe you guys can help me out with that  ;)