Author Topic: Is There Such a Thing As "Asian Privilege"?  (Read 144 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is There Such a Thing As "Asian Privilege"?
« on: October 22, 2003, 07:25:18 PM »
After all, Asian people are more educated and make more money on average than any other group of people in the United States, including white people. I think the same thing goes true for people from the Middle East. Do those groups also experience privilege in this society? Or could it be that people like MDogg are full of shit, and that in reality the US is the least racist country in the world as I personally believe?

The success of Asians and other groups is one detail that racists like MDogg conveniently avoid when discussing race in America. I guess I would avoid it too if it basically disproved all the nonsense I was brainwashed to believe. Tell your beloved professor to whip up an essay on that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2003, 07:33:40 PM by CWalker187 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Is There Such a Thing As "Asian Privilege"?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 07:56:24 PM »
LOL... actually, I was talking about that today. I was going to do a thread on that actually, but not exactly the way you did it, because it's not Asian Privilage at all. What you have here is a very different group, as oppose to blacks and latinos. Both blacks and latinos were forced into a situation, one becasue blacks were brought here as slaves and stripped of the right to vote until 1965, a whole hundred years after slavery ended. With latinos, half of Mexico was taken, and this left many Mexicans in modern United States, without much protection for white settlers. The result was many deaths. After that, Mexicans began to move into the old land that was there's, but were not welcomed. That would be like Trauma from North Carolina, deciding he wants to move into the state of Washington, only to find out it's Canada. But anyway, so both of those groups have had their hardships. Asians have as well, the difference is that they have always been "the model minority" White can easier look to an Asian than a latino or black. When the L.A. Riots happened in 1992, the biggest victom in the news was the poor Asian shop keeper. BUT, at the same time, many Filipeanos, and Hmong still struggle, but are making great strides. Asians have overcame many years of discrimation by beating the whites at their own game, education. Asian communities make sure their schools are well fit. As for latino and black communities, it's hard to teach in their, when many parents are on drugs, and the children unlearn what they are taught. It's like I told Tom, the latino and black communities really need to do a self cleaning, that's one stands I feel strong on. Like Malcom X says, we can't depend on anyone else to help us out. I agree. But at the same time, we also should stay educated to others experiences, others train of thought, and understand where the other is coming from. You approach minority issues with lots of ignorience, and if I approach you the same, I'm sorry. But as a minority, realize my life, and experiences are different. But Asian Privilage does not exist. Only favortism that white people can give exist. Because that shows who the news media, and the government favors, and who they allowed to advance. After all, in many movies, I've seen a black man steal somenes purse, and in the same movie, an Asian man is seen in a CEO, or at least business man type role. Also, Asians in the news are usually shown in a positive light, blacks and latinos are suspects on the loose. In your head, who does that usually make you fear more. Even though the Asian Mafia is one of the deadliest gangs in California. But that is not to be seen, 'cause whites can pick their favorites, and that means all the hard working latinos and blacks wouldn't be seen, and trust me, their are a lot of them too. I love my Asian people too, because honestly, they in the same boat, just that white people can see what they want from each person.

pappy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 08:36:17 PM »
When the L.A. Riots happened in 1992, the biggest victom in the news was the poor Asian shop keeper.

what about the truck driver that took a turn down the wrong block an was nearly beating to death all b/c he was white

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 08:39:05 PM »
broad generalizations and half truths never win arguemnts.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 08:58:12 PM »
After all, Asian people are more educated and make more money on average than any other group of people in the United States, including white people. I think the same thing goes true for people from the Middle East. Do those groups also experience privilege in this society? Or could it be that people like MDogg are full of shit, and that in reality the US is the least racist country in the world as I personally believe?

The success of Asians and other groups is one detail that racists like MDogg conveniently avoid when discussing race in America. I guess I would avoid it too if it basically disproved all the nonsense I was brainwashed to believe. Tell your beloved professor to whip up an essay on that.

Beautiful.  

Casper

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 09:03:01 PM »

Beautiful.  

it would of been Gorgious (sp?) if he added Pink becuase she is racist as well...

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 09:04:36 PM »
Yeah, I don't even read m dogg or pink's posts anymore, or replys, because they're fucking racist pigs who hate me because I'm white; why the fuck would I give a shit what their opinion is on ANYTHING?

hypnotic

• Lil Geezy
  • TO LIVE & DIE IN LA
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 09:28:34 PM »
Asians are stereotyped as the "model minority" because they mostly "stay silent & know their place within the system"

Casper

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 09:47:11 PM »
Yeah, I don't even read m dogg or pink's posts anymore, or replys, because they're fucking racist pigs who hate me because I'm white; why the fuck would I give a shit what their opinion is on ANYTHING?

M Dogg is cool because he is not a liar like Pink but Pink might not admit it but she is racist she doesnt hafta come out with it but she is... and she is a compulsive liar... i mean people think i dont like her because she looks like an ugly pig but thats not it its because she lies so damn much its horrible... i knew how she looked like before i had beef with her... hell i even talked on the phone with her and i knew what she looked like and even if i didnt see what she looked like i would still know she was uhly because she sounds like a man... and i remember all she use to tell me is "im not fat like ppl think i am an dshit" it was hillarious...

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2003, 05:08:02 AM »

i dont hate you because your white.. i hate you because your a dork loser...

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2003, 05:13:24 AM »

M Dogg is cool because he is not a liar like Pink but Pink might not admit it but she is racist she doesnt hafta come out with it but she is... and she is a compulsive liar... i mean people think i dont like her because she looks like an ugly pig but thats not it its because she lies so damn much its horrible... i knew how she looked like before i had beef with her... hell i even talked on the phone with her and i knew what she looked like and even if i didnt see what she looked like i would still know she was uhly because she sounds like a man... and i remember all she use to tell me is "im not fat like ppl think i am an dshit" it was hillarious...

say what you will... i know what i am ... you turned everything that i said into shit anyways... your nothing to me anyways.. and what you say.. doesnt make me that way.... i never claimed to look like J-lo... i dont even know who said that... i never claimed to be something i am not...

but look at it this way... your still in denial of being a little queer bate piece of shit.... so.. till you can admit to that... i wouldnt be talking to much...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2003, 07:08:42 AM »
When the L.A. Riots happened in 1992, the biggest victom in the news was the poor Asian shop keeper.

what about the truck driver that took a turn down the wrong block an was nearly beating to death all b/c he was white

He got some press, but the men were convicted. But all you saw was rioting blacks, looting latinos, and asians shopkeepers who lost everything. The media always mentions asians in a very positive light, ignoring the asian mafia, ignoring all the poverty and criminal activity in asian neighborhoods. Latinos and blacks on the other hand only make the evening news as either suspects, or witnesses to crimes. Tonights suspect, Hispanic Male, 5'9", about 175-190 lbs. with a black hair and dark eyes. Believe to me armed and dangerous. Oh shit, I'm now a suspect... lol. Actually, I've heard that a grip on the news, that's why I'm in Minnesota, hiding from the law... j/k  ;D