Author Topic: Biggest Tragic Death in Hiphop?  (Read 1230 times)

SGV

Re:Biggest Tragic Death in Hiphop?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2003, 04:04:59 PM »
DJ Screw
THE MOST INFLUENTIAL DJ IN THE SOUTH!!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2003, 07:18:56 PM »
JMJ over all. Big L is second.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2003, 07:36:56 PM »
I'd have to say the most tragic deaths to me are the ones when people were taken in their prime.

Mausberg- The west woulda been a WHOLE different place right now if Mausberg was still around. He would have been doing HUGE things. It's a shame that he got taken so early cause he had a real talent.
RIP

Eazy E- Same thing. Eazy was a pioneer. He created westcoast rap as we know it. Think of what could have happened if he was still alive? New NWA albums, Ruthless as a power label, etc...
RIP

Tupac- Things just haven't been the same in rap music since he got taken.
RIP

RIP to all those who lost their lives. They will live on thru their music.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 07:37:38 PM by Krayzie-Eyez Killah »

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2003, 08:30:36 PM »
Another tragic thing about Pac's death is that you could argue it gave way to the eventual downfall of West Coast rap music.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2003, 03:41:16 PM »
In hip-hop, I think both were tragic. Biggie a little more than 'Pac in terms of both their careers, but in terms of overall, 'Pac was more so. He had plans to start his own political party, get major charities, help out intercities, and just help out hip-hop take it to another level, that was never seen. Biggie's career was cut short, and that's sad, because he only had 2 albums, both classics, and it seemed his career was going to blow up. But 'Pac had his movie career, you know he was always coming out with new sounds, trying to be different, and if he survived his young life, he wanted to mature and because a political figure, which he said Malcom X was a criminal, but he changed his life and started a movement, if he could survive, there is so much more for him to do. He was only getting started, and if he could survive, that he would mature into a political figure. I believe if he would have mature, there was no stopping him. In hip-hop, yeah, Biggies death was more tragic, because Biggie was putting out music to get money, he said it himself, he was only worried about getting out the drug game. But 'Pac had a vision, he was to be the next Malcom X, the next Marcus Garvey, the next great black leader, because he was only 25, imagion him with his strong speaking ablities at the age of 35, 40, 45, after he lived his wild superstar days, helping out his communities, and putting to use the Black Panther teachings that he was taught.

eS El Duque

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2003, 06:44:25 PM »
Big Pun he was such a good man ,he  was afraid to die , and he was always happy to lose weight and he was a great rapper ...a big talent but also a big lost

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2003, 08:54:33 PM »
What does being afraid to die have anything to do with it? Actually, IMO, if you live a "I don't give a fucc" attitude I think that's even more tragic, because you basically brought it upon yourself. Which is exactly what Pac did.

mc roky 4 real

• Lil Geezy
  • representin mbc till i die
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2003, 11:02:09 AM »
1.big l
2.camoflague-he was so young and he was killed.damn

fuck freinds da di da
street life...