Author Topic: TQ is a liar  (Read 326 times)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
TQ is a liar
« on: November 01, 2003, 10:42:46 AM »
Even tho I got the album since it came out (it was MUCH anticipated after the classic TNSMC) I never stopped and thought about this until today. I put the cd in my player some minutes ago and when it came to song #11 I pick my cd booklet and read "One Day feat. Lazy bone" but WHAT THE FUCK? It is E-40 and not Lazy bone on the motherfucker. So the booklet and the backcover are wrong.

Ok. Kept listening and when #14 came on...WHAT THE FUCK PART TWO!! While the backcover and booklet read "Hard life feat. The Gigi's" but...no Gigi's on and guess what...E-40 again!! Oh my!

Don't get me wrong, I love Charlie Hustle, and both tracks are tight...but how come can be both the backcover and the booklet wrong? I just dont understand, how did the album come out with those big mistakes?

PS.- The thread title is a joke, don't get me wrong. I'm now anticipating "Gemini" after hearing that track with Geezy Wheezy.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:TQ is a liar
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 12:06:47 PM »
yea record companies make mistakes on cds all the time its not unusual at all

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 12:36:51 PM »
I'll tell you the story behind this:

Intentionally he had E-40 on One Day, but he replaced E-40 with Layzie Bone and put E-40 on Hard Life. Sony fucked up though. When the album got released it still had E-40 on One Day, although it said Lazy Bone (Sony had a hard time spelling his name right ::)).

On Hard Life you do hear the Glamour Girls in the hook. You don't hear them a lot (or very loud), but they are definately on it :)

But Sony fucked up the whole release of The Second Coming. Hard Life for example isn't on the UK version of The Second Coming and the whole album didn't even get released in the US :-\ The album wasn't even finished when it got released; there are songs on the album that were meant for soundtracks. TQ sees Gemini (due February; GO PICK THAT UP!!) as his second album after They Never Saw Me Coming.

You can listen to the extended version of One Day (the song with both raps) on my message board: http://tqboard.proboards20.com/

You have to be registered to enter the TQ Exclusives forum :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 02:29:34 PM by mauzip »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 12:37:22 PM »
Just waiting for Mauzip to come in and launch a massive defense towards TQ before reading the message again and reading this bit:

PS.- The thread title is a joke, don't get me wrong. I'm now anticipating "Gemini" after hearing that track with Geezy Wheezy.

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 01:16:23 PM »
Just waiting for Mauzip to come in and launch a massive defense towards TQ before reading the message again and reading this bit:

Too late ;D

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 02:17:03 PM »
Damn you!! ;D

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 02:45:03 AM »

haha exactly
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 03:06:30 AM »

Intentionally he had E-40 on One Day, but he replaced E-40 with Layzie Bone and put E-40 on Hard Life. Sony fucked up though. When the album got released it still had E-40 on One Day, although it said Lazy Bone (Sony had a hard time spelling his name right ::)).

On Hard Life you do hear the Glamour Girls in the hook. You don't hear them a lot (or very loud), but they are definately on it :)

But Sony fucked up the whole release of The Second Coming. Hard Life for example isn't on the UK version of The Second Coming and the whole album didn't even get released in the US :-\ The album wasn't even finished when it got released; there are songs on the album that were meant for soundtracks. TQ sees Gemini (due February; GO PICK THAT UP!!) as his second album after They Never Saw Me Coming.

You can listen to the extended version of One Day (the song with both raps) on my message board: http://tqboard.proboards20.com/

You cleared that up! Thanks a lot, that was a very nice reply.

I was kinda disappointed with TQ lately since he went to Cash Money and started releasing all that stuff with Baby, Big Tymers and shit and gave up all hope on "Gemini". But, after listening "Our life" I think I'm gonna give it a try, since They Never Saw Me Coming is a fucking classic for me and The Second Coming is still aaight.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 03:11:47 AM »

You cleared that up! Thanks a lot, that was a very nice reply.

I was kinda disappointed with TQ lately since he went to Cash Money and started releasing all that stuff with Baby, Big Tymers and shit and gave up all hope on "Gemini". But, after listening "Our life" I think I'm gonna give it a try, since They Never Saw Me Coming is a fucking classic for me and The Second Coming is still aaight.

all that shit hes done w/ baby is purely for others albums (except keep it on the low)...he doesnt really have much control over what that stuff sounds like...i have 5 songs from gemini and the only one that is like that at all is keep it on the low...people will be very happy with this album i think.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 03:16:51 AM »

all that shit hes done w/ baby is purely for others albums (except keep it on the low)...he doesnt really have much control over what that stuff sounds like...i have 5 songs from gemini and the only one that is like that at all is keep it on the low...people will be very happy with this album i think.

That's nice. I hope he can get all that westcoast support like in his first album, production by Damizza, Mike Mosley and shit and westcoast appearances for the likes of E-40, Tray Deee, Daz and shit cause I wouldnt like to see an album packed with Baby collabos.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2003, 03:24:13 AM »

That's nice. I hope he can get all that westcoast support like in his first album, production by Damizza, Mike Mosley and shit and westcoast appearances for the likes of E-40, Tray Deee, Daz and shit cause I wouldnt like to see an album packed with Baby collabos.

mannie fresh is handeling most of it...damizza did our life so he's got one track...jazze pha will have a couple (he did a couple on the first album too) i dont think mike mosley will be but it would be nice to hear him do another song for tq.

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2003, 04:02:50 AM »

mannie fresh is handeling most of it...damizza did our life so he's got one track...jazze pha will have a couple (he did a couple on the first album too) i dont think mike mosley will be but it would be nice to hear him do another song for tq.

Damizza did The Ghetto too

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2003, 09:48:11 AM »

Damizza did The Ghetto too

cool i didnt know that