Author Topic: WSCG was on Hot 97 morning show just now Summary ->  (Read 103 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
WSCG was on Hot 97 morning show just now Summary ->
« on: November 04, 2003, 06:47:15 AM »
They introduced them by playing "Today was a Good Day."
They came in and the host was like "yay yay" and he was like, "nah I can't do it right, Cube you do it."  So Cube did it just like he does on the records - "YAY YAAAY!" lol
"What makes this record so special?"  Ans by Mack 10:  "this record shows you the difference between a rap record and a R&B record.  THe problem today is that all the rap records are R&B records, but not this one."  Then he pointed out that he heard R.Kelly being referred to as a rapper, and he was like WTF?
"What are y'all listening to now?"  Cube: "Jay-Z, 50, Beanie"
Then the host (I think it's Sway?) asked about the mainstream-ing of the c-walk.  WC: "You can do it, but don't abuse it.  Learn about what it means first so that you don't do it when and where you're not supposed to."
Bloods and Crips have spread nationwide, even to NY.  Mack: "It doesn't matter; Bs and Cs should learn to peacefully coexist."
They played "Gangster Nation."  IMO, the beat gets better each time I hear.  The organ sounds good now.
Cube, about the album: "Coming out Dec. 9th, Run for your life, It's Terrorist Threats!" lol
some commercials/ funny callers (One chick from Jersey City saying how she misses California and that there are too many b-walkers in her city)  lol at Sway clowning her for snitching on the homies.
"Did NWA contribute to the downfall of HipHop?" Cube: "No, at the time we were doing our own thang, nobody else was doing it.  Now everybody does their own version of what we started.  Back then we weren't making gangsta rap, it was just reality rap."
"What was the inspiration for NWA?" Cube: "We wanted to get heard on the West Coast because at that time only East Coast was getting represented."
About Boyz 'N Tha Hood, Cube: "At first I didn't want to do it.  Me, make a movie?  So I didn't read the script and the audition next day was wack.  Singleton knew it and made me realize that the movie was about my hometown, and that's when I, 'got it'."
"Cube, what do you say to your critics who call you a studio gangster?" Ans: "You can't judge me.  Come take a walk in my shoes before you judge me."
Cube, about NWA reunion: "Not in the works...it's up to Dre to get us all together so he can produce the whole thing.  We don't want to have to write it seperately and then just have Dre come in and rap what we wrote."
They played "Gangster Nation" again, lol.
Even though Farrahkan(sp?) helped squash the beef between Cube and Common, Cube can't comment on the situation between 50/Ja Rule.  But at the time, neither of them had an album coming out so it was all good.  Now, Ja has an album coming out and it's kind like promotion, so he doesn't blame 50 for not showing up.
Cube, about the Eastcost/Westcoast beef circa '96: "We wanted to let it be known that westcoast music contributed a lot to modern hip hop and nobody was giving us our due, so we had to retaliate with venom."
NWA's first performance at the Apollo was booed.
"When are Mack and WC gonna be in an Ice Cube movie, with major roles?" Cube: "When the executives let me cast them.  But they can't be in just any old stupid comedy.  It's got to be 'hard' roles."
The album was kept mostly in-house to prevent it from becoming a compilation, and because WSCG has been gone so long that fans just want to hear them.
All: "This album's a masterpiece."
"Cube, you had the curl in the video.  By January, I garauntee white boys will be rocking it too."

That's it.  They only played "Gangster NAtion" no others, and the same boring questions that we know the answers to.  Good to see them promoting on the East Coast though.

8)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.