Author Topic: Terroist Threats Vs. Bow Down, which one is better in your opinion?  (Read 681 times)

Smoke

Re:Terroist Threats Vs. Bow Down, which one is better in your opinion?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2003, 07:41:22 AM »
This choice is pretty obvious to me on this one.

hector

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2003, 11:45:07 AM »
NO, shit, thanks for letting me know that music style has changed.  that doesn't mean I can't compare their albums.  Lets see, dogg food dropped in 95 and dillinger and young gotti dropped in 2001.  I still could compare those albums.  and I ask again, if I can't compare terrorist threats to bow down, then what the fuck do I compare it too?

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2003, 06:12:46 PM »
NO, shit, thanks for letting me know that music style has changed.  that doesn't mean I can't compare their albums.  Lets see, dogg food dropped in 95 and dillinger and young gotti dropped in 2001.  I still could compare those albums.  and I ask again, if I can't compare terrorist threats to bow down, then what the fuck do I compare it too?

Well..it's hard to explain than it should be. But for one, just listen to the lyrics from Cube and Mack 10. They are not the same as they were in 96. They are not a lot worst, but listenin to old cube and mack 10, and listenin to new shit, it's obvious they have gotten worst.
Second of all, Bow Down's focal point was lettin the country know the west coast was no joke, and that was when there was heavy tension between the east and west. Since then, the east and west have made peace and much progress, and it's not as much of a reason to call out east coast rappers, critics, etc. which is basically why they diss "R&B Rappers" because thas the only thing they can use right now.
3rd, gangsta rap may not be dead but it surely isn't what it was in 96. Everything has already been said. Most people outside of the west could care less about gangsta rap.
And u said u compare Dogg Food to DPG D&YG....I mean u CAN compare em but 9 9 and a half people will say that dogg food is a muuuuch better album.

hector

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2003, 01:22:26 AM »
^^^^I'm not dissapointed with lyrics at all.  its the beats that suck.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2003, 07:22:37 AM »
I never said you shouldn't compare albums of an artist/a group to their former releases, that's only natural and usually I do it the same way, but I think in this case it's very difficult to compare the WSCG's two albums, because there are seven years between them and the music has not only changed, but changed drastically. Because nobody would release an album like "Bow Down" these days (unfortunately), and that's why you shouldn't compare them two. If "Terrorist Threats" would've been released only one or two years after "Bow Down", the comparison would've been more simple, but because nobody expects an album like "Bow Down" in 2003, they should judge it for it's own. I'm sorry, it's difficult to explain what I mean.

The Predator

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2003, 08:21:35 AM »
Threats fits nicely in to my collection, but it will never have the rotation that Bow Down had.

hector

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2003, 10:52:30 AM »
why would nobody drop an album like bow down nowadays?  cause rappers suck and sellout and it's not in their heart?  they are too pussy to claim westcoast so much?  cause no rapper or group is as good as WSC in 96?  Explain why nobody could drop an album like bow down nowadays?  I agree that 95% of rappers nowadays don't make good enough music as 7-10 years ago, but their are still a few rappers out there with the talent.

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2003, 11:04:39 AM »
Terroist Threats is better!

sounds are new and fresh

but Bow Down is classic
ya know 8)
G-A-T-E 13

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2003, 11:10:35 AM »
It's just my experience that rappers don't drop such albums any more, except some real underground-cats (that doesn't mean that the WSCG is sell-out). It's not only that the commercial-music has changed, but the Westcoast-music changed too, although it still isn't sell-out. So I expected a dope Westcoast-album, but with the Westcoast-flavour of "today" - and that's what happened.

It doesn't make sense to discuss this issue anymore, because I'll just say "music changed" again and again. Surely they could've dropped an oldschool-album which nobody expected (like Andre did with "The Love Below"), but I never thought of that, I was sure that the album will sound different. It seems that I was the only one who thought that way. So fuck it...

Pink Floyd

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2003, 06:15:13 PM »

Well..it's hard to explain than it should be. But for one, just listen to the lyrics from Cube and Mack 10. They are not the same as they were in 96. They are not a lot worst, but listenin to old cube and mack 10, and listenin to new shit, it's obvious they have gotten worst.
Second of all, Bow Down's focal point was lettin the country know the west coast was no joke, and that was when there was heavy tension between the east and west. Since then, the east and west have made peace and much progress, and it's not as much of a reason to call out east coast rappers, critics, etc. which is basically why they diss "R&B Rappers" because thas the only thing they can use right now.
3rd, gangsta rap may not be dead but it surely isn't what it was in 96. Everything has already been said. Most people outside of the west could care less about gangsta rap.
And u said u compare Dogg Food to DPG D&YG....I mean u CAN compare em but 9 9 and a half people will say that dogg food is a muuuuch better album.

It's worse, not worst.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2003, 04:10:20 AM »
Terroist Threats is better!

sounds are new and fresh

but Bow Down is classic
ya know 8)

True true...i love this album...but im in love with the first  ;)

lol

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2003, 02:07:27 PM »
No comparison IMO.
Bow Down, all 3 of them were coming hard. There are several bangers on the first, such as Bow Down, How Many Critics in the NYC, King of the Hill, the Gansta, the Killa, the Dope Dealer, and others. Terrorist Threats, has no bangers, just 3 good songs (Lights Out, Gangsta Nation, Rappers in Love) and the rest of the album is ass crack. The production goes from inconsistent to poor. Ice Cube and Mack 10 sound terrible. WC still sounds tight but that's it. There is absolutely no comparison. Also it saddens me to see how far Ice Cube has fallen off. It's like he doesn't even stand for anything anymore as a rapper and I find that depressing.

"Bow Down".... 4.5 mics
"Terrorist Threats".... 2 mics
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

SGV

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2003, 02:18:16 PM »
I don't even need to hear Terrorist Threats to know.

Bow Down is better.

CHIEFHIGHPRIEST

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2003, 03:39:28 PM »
bow down no question that album was heat top to bottom.  this one has songs that are just plain wack it is very hit and miss where bow down just flowed together so nicely i remember when that came out i was a freshman in high school i bumped that shit through winter

gator313

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2003, 05:51:38 AM »
NO  DOUBT   BOW DOWN  WAS  A CLASSIC,  BUT  THE  TERRORIST THREATS WILL PROBABLY  HAVE  TO  GROW ON  SOME PEOPLE.   SOME PEOPLE WILL HAVE  TO  GET  USED TO  THE FACT  THAT  TERRORIST  THREATS  IS  NOT A CLASSIC YET BECAUSE IT IS  NOT  OFFICIALLY  RELEASED  YET  PLUS  IT WOULD HAVE TO  BE  OUT  FOR  SOME  YEARS  BEFORE  IT EARNS THE  TITLE  "CLASSIC"

BUT  THIS ALBUM  IS A  TRUE  BANGER FOR THE  TRUE GANGSTA RAP FANS

"You can even tell that muthafuckin Jesse Jackson/ Pay your child support/ Keep your payments up/ Put a rubber on/ And dont fuck with us."

WESTSIDE  CONNECTION - LIGHTZ OUT