Author Topic: THE INTERVIEW RAY BENZINO DOES NOT WANT TO READ  (Read 389 times)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
THE INTERVIEW RAY BENZINO DOES NOT WANT TO READ
« on: November 25, 2003, 04:29:20 AM »
With all the Bullshit around the Benzino vs Eminem beef, Aftermath Music got the chance to talk to Bawston Strangla, who worked with Benzino few years ago.

We talked with him about the situation on the Benzino vs Eminem beef, the rap game, using the "N" bomb, his upcoming projects & more

OUT THIS FRIDAY, NOV 28TH @ http://HTTP://WWW.AFTERMATHMUSIC.COM

http://www.mrfproductionz.de/_audio/shoutouts/bawstonstrangla.wma
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 04:29:40 AM by Dedicato »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re:THE INTERVIEW RAY BENZINO DOES NOT WANT TO READ
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 10:01:28 AM »
yup...should be interesting...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

SGV

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 10:36:37 AM »
Sure you guys are dedicated to dropping Aftermath news, but don't you think you're getting a little too biased here? Journalism should always stay neutral.

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 10:46:26 AM »
Journalism is never unbiased. No matter where you go. There's always a lean towards something, however slight it may be.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

SGV

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 11:04:42 AM »
Journalism is never unbiased. No matter where you go. There's always a lean towards something, however slight it may be.

Journalism should always stay neutral.

That's why the Source and XXL are funny style. They let their beefs take over their magazines.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 11:20:01 AM »
^ nope every publication does need its stance...

you're on dubcnn because you provide a different angle on things.. thats a good thing is it not?

SGV

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 11:25:35 AM »
Dubcnn is a good example. If it was up to me, a lot of the artists we update on, wouldn't get any shine there. But, I bring updates, as does Nima, on all artists.

If it was up to me, I'd put Dre and Snoop on blast, but to keep the site neutral, I keep my comments for here. That's how journalism should be.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 11:29:08 AM »
lol. you cant seriously have a west coast site and not cover snoop+dre... we still dont cover everything.. but we're getting there :)

least we agree.. its all for the greater good :)

Jome

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2003, 07:27:38 PM »
LOL @ having a Westcoast site and putting Dre & Snoop on blast..

Anyways, doing a interview with a former Benzino-komrade doesn't mean that the publication/website is biased, for all we know Boston Strangla could agree with Benzino and put Eminem even more on blast.
At least Aftermathmusic isn't hosting a press-conference to announce it, though it would have been kinda funny.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2003, 08:13:37 PM »
lol. you cant seriously have a west coast site and not cover snoop+dre... we still dont cover everything.. but we're getting there :)

least we agree.. its all for the greater good :)
Didn't say not cover them. I said but them on blast. I'd like to write an editorial on my feelings about them, which ain't too high, but I know that would be bad for the site. So, I wouldn't do it.

BTW, this interview ain't that bad, but I did see an update on the site that made me think they're being bias.

I got this from a message board dont know what one though.

As you all know by now, Benzino (who is NOT a co-founder of the Source, as is often reported) has released tapes of a much younger Eminem using the N word and bad-mouthing Black women in a rambling, amateurish freestyle.

But what Benzino's not telling you is that he himself was once affiliated with a white emcee, and that white emcee used the N word on the track they made together. In fact, it appears that Benzino told his white emcee to use the N word.

The emcee in question is named Bawston Strangla, and his connection to Benzino is detailed on his web page here, where you can also download the song he and Benzino worked on together in 2000, "Shamrocks and Glocks". About 35 seconds into the song you will hear Strangla drop the proverbial "N" bomb, in a passage that sounds very random and out of place alongside his other lyrics.

Through some rudimentary googling I got in contact with a representative of the Bawston Strangla today. He indicated that Strangla is no longer associated with Benzino, and explained that while recording Shamrocks and Glocks, "during the session benzino told him to use the N word in the song".

Benzino told him to use the N word.

This does nothing to minimize the offensiveness of Eminem's newly unearthed lyrics, but it certainly places Benzino's righteous indignation in a different light. Just in case anyone was starting to take him seriously.

Just seemed like poor journalism, not even citing a source. Sort of like an attempt to discredit Benzino.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 08:17:31 PM by SGV aka Ray Diaz aka Reverend Tom »

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 10:26:57 PM »
ROFL....

I post up a comment that is taught, and proven in college (all media sources are somehow biased), and I get dissed again. ROFL. Why this matters, I've no clue.

*continue dissing plz*
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 09:08:32 AM by Diss Me More PLZ »
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2003, 12:19:17 AM »
At least Aftermathmusic isn't hosting a press-conference to announce it, though it would have been kinda funny.

That would be reall ykinda funny  ;D ... he answered 39 questions! We talked about all the shit goin around with Eminem / Benzino, "Rap-Hitler, Himmler, blacks n Whites", we talked of course on other topics: his upcoming album, the younger Rap Generation etc ...

Strangla has no problem with Benzino. But he's not agree with him, saying Em is a rap hitler and racists ... and: he said: a collabo track with him and Eminem would be on fire .. ;)

SGV

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 12:23:58 AM »
ROFL....

I post up a comment that can is taught, and proven in college (all media sources are somehow biased), and I get dissed again. ROFL. Why this matters, I've no clue.

*continue dissing plz*
Don't look at me for that. I ain't dissed or propped anyone.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2003, 12:32:20 AM »
ROFL....

I post up a comment that can is taught, and proven in college (all media sources are somehow biased), and I get dissed again. ROFL. Why this matters, I've no clue.

*continue dissing plz*
Don't look at me for that. I ain't dissed or propped anyone.

Look at his nick... lol