Author Topic: Hi-Life Hustle vs Terrorist Threats  (Read 395 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Hi-Life Hustle vs Terrorist Threats
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 08:03:03 AM »
Terrorist Threats, by far.

Hi-C sounds like one of them dudes DJ Clue or Kay Slay puts on the last 5 tracks on their mixtapes in exchange for $5000.

LoL

::)  ::)
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 08:56:55 AM »

Hi-C sounds like one of them dudes DJ Clue or Kay Slay puts on the last 5 tracks on their mixtapes in exchange for $5000.
Don't like his voice, flow or lyrics..  :(

lmao  ::) ::)

Jome

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 06:30:34 PM »
Seriously.. Hi-C wouldn't have 1/20 of his fans if it wasn't for the DJ Quik link/production.
And without Quik, he wouldn't get Nate Dogg on his album neither.

BL7

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 06:33:14 PM »
I'd say both albums are equal. HLH has better beats, but TT easily has the better lyrics.

SGV

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 07:55:23 PM »
Seriously.. Hi-C wouldn't have 1/20 of his fans if it wasn't for the DJ Quik link/production.

You could say the same for many artists. Hell, if it wasn't for Dre, 50 wouldn't have 90% of his fans. So, why bring that up? And, without Dre he wouldn't get Nate Dogg on his album, also. Right?

Hi-C is an O.G. He came into the game when most of us were stil youngsters. He was tight back in the day, of course he's fallen off a little.

Jome

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 08:57:10 PM »

You could say the same for many artists. Hell, if it wasn't for Dre, 50 wouldn't have 90% of his fans. So, why bring that up? And, without Dre he wouldn't get Nate Dogg on his album, also. Right?

Hi-C is an O.G. He came into the game when most of us were stil youngsters. He was tight back in the day, of course he's fallen off a little.

True that, I just can't see how anybody can rate this album high..

Maybe the same reason I can't see why anybody could rate Ghetto Heisman & Roscoe Philharmonica that high.. Westcoast bias.

SGV

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 09:09:33 PM »

Maybe the same reason I can't see why anybody could rate Ghetto Heisman & Roscoe Philharmonica that high.. Westcoast bias.

I haven't heard this album, but I'm assuming if you love Quik production and player rhymes, this is the album for you. Hi-C, AMG, Playa Hamm, Suga Free, 220, they all have never been great lyricists, but their rhymes fit Quik's style. They're players, that's what Quik's music promotes.

As for Ghetto Heisman, fuck what anyone says, that shit was hot. It wasn't perfect, but it above average. "Walk," "Bang Loose," the track with Ren, "The Streets," those were some of the dopest tracks of 02.

LMAO @ Philharmonica. The production was hot on that album and Roscoe really reminded me of the old Kurupt. Not as vicious, but he had hot rhymes with dope rhyme schemes. Again, it wasn't perfect, but it had plenty of bangers on it. To rate it low is funny style.

I guess we all think the same of you, when you say things like the G-Unit album is classic, after 2 songs. You know, "East Coast bias."

Jome

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 11:06:19 PM »

As for Ghetto Heisman, fuck what anyone says, that shit was hot. It wasn't perfect, but it above average. "Walk," "Bang Loose," the track with Ren, "The Streets," those were some of the dopest tracks of 02.

LMAO @ Philharmonica. The production was hot on that album and Roscoe really reminded me of the old Kurupt. Not as vicious, but he had hot rhymes with dope rhyme schemes. Again, it wasn't perfect, but it had plenty of bangers on it. To rate it low is funny style.

I guess we all think the same of you, when you say things like the G-Unit album is classic, after 2 songs. You know, "East Coast bias."

Average is the word, yeah.
Ghetto Heisman was way below par for W.C., he didn't sound inspired at all.

Philarmonica was a showoff in unused opportunities.
Some decent beats, and some decent rhymes, but to say that it had plenty of bangers is a big exaggeration, 2-3 maybe.

track 2 and 3 on G-Unit was great stuff, the rest not up to par.
But I guess/assume you haven't even heard it, so you shouldn't speak it.

SGV

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 11:47:50 PM »

Average is the word, yeah.
Ghetto Heisman was way below par for W.C., he didn't sound inspired at all.

Philarmonica was a showoff in unused opportunities.
Some decent beats, and some decent rhymes, but to say that it had plenty of bangers is a big exaggeration, 2-3 maybe.

track 2 and 3 on G-Unit was great stuff, the rest not up to par.
But I guess/assume you haven't even heard it, so you shouldn't speak it.

Ghetto Heisman was hot, to me. It had a lot of dope tracks. Much more than G-Unit.

Roscoe had some bangers on there. "Head 2 Toe," "Get Ready," "5 Seconds," "I Call Shotz," "Smooth Sailin," and that was the summer anthem of this year. So, to call that an exaggeration is hilarious.

I got the G-Unit album, burned. Man, I bumped it at work and in my car, that shit was mad boring. My homie at work tried to show me the dopest cuts, the only song that was remotely good was "Smile." That album is shitty. To say, after 2 mediocre songs, that it was gonna be a classic, now that's an exaggeration.

Really, why are you on this board? It seems that you hardly even like West Coast artists, shit's funny to me.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2003, 06:20:55 AM »

ghetto heisman was hot. any1 who doesnt rate that high is way too critical.

peace

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2003, 06:27:58 AM »

I would just like to say FUCK U AND YOUR FUCKIN OPINIONS YER RETARD..listen to 50 and snitch on...muthafucka

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2003, 06:46:35 AM »
^ chill  >:(

Jome

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2003, 10:16:30 PM »
LOL

Swedish nutcase.. he's just jealous that he's not from Norway..  8)

Jome

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2003, 10:22:12 PM »
Really, why are you on this board? It seems that you hardly even like West Coast artists, shit's funny to me.

Hell, half of my favorite artists are from the West, and you know that.
But I gotta say: It's been a shitty year for the West, not to say shitty
last years..
And besides, it's funny to piss Westcoast biased people off..
That's why I have a G-G-G-G-G-G-Unit avatar, instead of Westside Connection, which I probably would have had..

The West needs to do something creative or new.. they're just trying to copy themselves over and over.. or recreating old formulas, and that won't work.
I mean, the new W.S.C. is pretty dope, but it's nothing new at ALL.
It's been done better, faster and doper before.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 10:25:07 PM by Jome Banks »