Author Topic: L.A.'s Big Boy to undergo weightloss surgery  (Read 155 times)

mrtonguetwista

L.A.'s Big Boy to undergo weightloss surgery
« on: November 27, 2003, 05:17:57 PM »
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 20, 2003--Power 106's (KPWR-FM, Los Angeles) Big Boy in the Morning is scheduled to undergo a surgical procedure called the Duodenal Switch on November 26 at the Advanced Obesity Surgery Center in Woodstock, Georgia.
Recently, Big Boy attended a movie when a man came up to him and said, "Hey Big, do you remember Ron Lester?" ("Varsity Blues"/"Not Another Teen Movie"). Big Boy thought the next thing the man was going to tell him is that Ron had died. Instead, Big Boy didn't even know that he was talking to Ron and didn't recognize him. "Ron was already down over 300 pounds -- I couldn't believe it!" said Big Boy.

When asked about his decision to undergo the surgery Big Boy said, "I've always been the big guy, the funny guy...but I've always been the unhealthy guy too. This is a life or death decision. I have a lot of years behind me, but I also have a lot of great years ahead of me. This is a serious situation that requires serious surgery."

You can find out more about Big Boy's procedure by visiting http://www.advancedobesitysurgery.com. Big Boy's physician is Dr. Dennis C. Smith. You'll be able to hear about Big Boy's progress when he returns to work on December 8 and see a lot less of him as Power 106 tracks his progress on www.power106.fm.

If you're wondering if Big Boy will still be Big Boy when there's a lot less of him, he smiles and says, "I'll always be Big Boy, I'll just be a much healthier Big Boy!"

Big Boy can be heard on Power 106 (KPWR-FM 105.9) weekdays, 5:30am-10:00am. Big Boy will star in an upcoming series teaming with Darryl Quarles and McG for the as-yet-untitled TV series on the Fox network.

For more information contact Dianna Jason or Jason Ryan at 818-953-4200.

KPWR-FM/Power 106 is the #1-rated radio station in the Los Angeles market(a). KPWR/Power106 is owned and operated by Emmis Communications, a traded company on NASDAQ.

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
Re:L.A.'s Big Boy to undergo weightloss surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 05:21:28 PM »
well thats good for him,
I wonder what he is going to call himself from now on?
just Boy??

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 05:29:41 PM »
big boy is fucking huge, like 500 pound big pun status. i wonder what weight hes going to end up with after, its good to know hes doin it though, it looked kinda unhealthy.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 05:35:09 PM »
Before = Big Boy
After = Lil Boy?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 11:47:37 PM »
man it's about time, dude couldn't walk down the hallway without breaking out into a sweat

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:55:20 PM »
Good for him...  8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 03:56:10 PM »
If this means more Big Boy in the future, instead of worrying about Big Pun situation happening again, then I'm very happy. Can't wait to live back home permittly 'cause Big Boy is the best hip-hop radio show in Cali today.