Author Topic: Hip-Hop activist Davey D defends Eminem, but says he is not justified  (Read 521 times)

Shin

Re:Hip-Hop activist Davey D defends Eminem, but says he is not justified
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 08:54:18 AM »

denkst du, dass du schwächer als ich bist? ist nicht dein ernst oder

http://athena.english.vt.edu/~appalach/essaysA/cracker.htm

irgendwie is "nigger" vielleicht doch schlimmer.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 09:09:24 AM »
Dictionary says:

Offensive.
Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person of the rural, especially southeast United States.
Used as a disparaging term for a white person.

Besides... which makes cracker more offensive to me than nigger... black ppl call each other or even hispanics and white ppl "nigger"(slang-issue, not offensive), but it kinda rare that white ppl call each other cracker lol
in addition noone gives a real shit if ppl like immortal technique (<--latino-rapper) uses the term "nigga".

btw.. check what else was "promoted" by the white industry... it's not just black women get discriminated .. http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/ice_cube/lethal/cavbitch.cub.txt
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Watcher

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 09:19:29 AM »
7even is on point
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Shin

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 09:26:04 AM »
Dictionary says:

Offensive.
Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person of the rural, especially southeast United States.
Used as a disparaging term for a white person.

dir ist aber schon klar, wer für wörterbücher in der regel verantwortlich zeichnet? weiße. darüber hinaus sind wörter niemals eindeutig, sondern potenziell mehrdeutig. insoweit ist dieser wörterbucheintrag nicht nur gefährlich, sondern auch inkorrekt.

Besides... which makes cracker more offensive to me than nigger... black ppl call each other or even hispanics and white ppl "nigger"(slang-issue, not offensive), but it kinda rare that white ppl call each other cracker lol
in addition noone gives a real shit if ppl like immortal technique (<--latino-rapper) uses the term "nigga".

soweit ich weiß, wurdest du noch nie nigger genannt. ich kann an dieser stelle nur sagen, dass es überaus angenehm ist, von 2 polizisten am bahnhof "nigger" genannt zu werden - und dies in anwesenheit von ner dumm glotzenden rentergruppe aus bayern.

Hast du den Artikel gelesen? Vielleicht ist dir dann aufgefallen, dass der Begriff "Nigger" den Schwarzen aufgezwungen wurde (sic!), während "Cracker" aus der Ohnmacht heraus entstand bzw. von Weißen sogar selbst verwand wurde. Ihm wohnt ihn gewisser Weise ein subversiver Charakter inne.
Für mich stellt es immer einen Unterschied dar, wer den Begriff verwendet und vor allem in welcher Position er sich dabei befindet.

btw.. check what else was "promoted" by the white industry... it's not just black women get discriminated .. http://www.ohhla.com/anonymous/ice_cube/lethal/cavbitch.cub.txt

ich sag bloß race-class-gender triade...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 09:30:26 AM by Robotnik »

Shin

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 09:27:10 AM »
7even is on point

he's close but not quite fully.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 01:00:18 PM »
How dares a rapper, who mentions terms like "cracker" frequently, to judge other people when it comes to discrimination of black women?!

where did that come from?

you wanna front? listen to paris tracks, you see where it came from.

1. Paris did not write this article. Davey D wrote it.
2.He is DEFENDING Eminem.
3.Of every Paris song, I think I have only heard him say Cracker 2-3 times. If you take it personal then maybe it's because it hits too close to home.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 01:35:54 PM »
How dares a rapper, who mentions terms like "cracker" frequently, to judge other people when it comes to discrimination of black women?!

3.Of every Paris song, I think I have only heard him say Cracker 2-3 times. If you take it personal then maybe it's because it hits too close to home.

sup
Eminem? Who gives a fuck? I’ve always assumed that “nigga” leaves his lips often behind closed doors anyway - 10-year-old tape or not. Shame on hip-hop for bein’ suckered by the hype. In general I make it a rule of thumb not to comment on other artists. What we need to focus on instead is the bigger picture. The entire industry now seems to be built on the degradation of black women and the pimping of our culture. The Source is just as guilty of this as Em and a host of others. BET, MTV, Innerscope, Def Jam, Aftermath, So So Def, Murder Inc., Tha Row, Bad Boy, Clear Channel, Viacom - pick one - they’re ALL guilty. All this negative fake gangsta wanna be pimp-Gotti bullshit is as phony as it gets - especially in an industry that supposed to pride itself on “keepin’ it real.” Don’t focus on what this white boy said when niggas clown black women all of the time. Focus on ALL of these sorry ass artists and the white labels that profit by giving them a voice.
-Paris

isnt this written / said by paris?!

2. He is not defending him, come on, gimme a break, how more naive can it possibly get?! He just says a lot of ppl are equal/even worse

3. n how many times you heard devil? two.. three.. HUNDRED??

it hits too close to home?! lol - what I think of you every member of this board who pays attention should know by now. I won't start once again.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 01:37:56 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 06:57:21 PM »

sup
Eminem? Who gives a fuck? I’ve always assumed that “nigga” leaves his lips often behind closed doors anyway - 10-year-old tape or not. Shame on hip-hop for bein’ suckered by the hype. In general I make it a rule of thumb not to comment on other artists. What we need to focus on instead is the bigger picture. The entire industry now seems to be built on the degradation of black women and the pimping of our culture. The Source is just as guilty of this as Em and a host of others. BET, MTV, Innerscope, Def Jam, Aftermath, So So Def, Murder Inc., Tha Row, Bad Boy, Clear Channel, Viacom - pick one - they’re ALL guilty. All this negative fake gangsta wanna be pimp-Gotti bullshit is as phony as it gets - especially in an industry that supposed to pride itself on “keepin’ it real.” Don’t focus on what this white boy said when niggas clown black women all of the time. Focus on ALL of these sorry ass artists and the white labels that profit by giving them a voice.
-Paris

isnt this written / said by paris?!

2. He is not defending him, come on, gimme a break, how more naive can it possibly get?! He just says a lot of ppl are equal/even worse

3. n how many times you heard devil? two.. three.. HUNDRED??

it hits too close to home?! lol - what I think of you every member of this board who pays attention should know by now. I won't start once again.

1. I thought you meant the whole article was written by him.
2.I would consider that defense.
3.I don't deny Devil. However, you said Cracker. I simply corrected you.
If you are not racist in any way, there's no reason the words Paris uses should bother you in any way.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 05:12:36 AM »
If you are not racist in any way, there's no reason the words Paris uses should bother you in any way.

aight. if I say nigger, black people who are offended are racist then?
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 01:17:40 PM »

aight. if I say nigger, black people who are offended are racist then?

No. The word cracker was made up to degrade racist Whites. The word Nigger was made to degrade all Blacks.

Paris

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 03:17:08 PM »
however, that's only the case cause blacks considered about every white men a racist :D nowadays every white men can be called cracker, without any proof if he's racist or not

I see we cant get to a point wit you bein a stubborn white person... these are the worst
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003, 06:52:32 PM »
however, that's only the case cause blacks considered about every white men a racist :D nowadays every white men can be called cracker, without any proof if he's racist or not

I see we cant get to a point wit you bein a stubborn white person... these are the worst
Give me a quote where Paris, dead prez etc... says all White men are racist. And yes I am stubborn, so are all people who are confident in themselves.

Paris

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 02:24:11 PM »
Alright, I'm lost right now....I haven't been paying attention to any of what's going on in hip hop right now....In what song did Eminem diss Black Women and where is the song from?  Mixtape?  

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2003, 03:09:54 PM »
in a 10 year old freestyle recording he did after his black girlfriend broke up wit him
he says things like:

Im givin you a little advice
dont date a black girl, you did it once you wont do it twice
you wont ever do it again because they take your money
and that aint funny, so Ima say look honey

however it's 10 years old and recorded under frustration and teenyness.
he say everything like 2 or 3 times
it aint even a good freestyle
No, it's not a sin

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2003, 03:24:26 PM »
in a 10 year old freestyle recording he did after his black girlfriend broke up wit him
he says things like:

Im givin you a little advice
dont date a black girl, you did it once you wont do it twice
you wont ever do it again because they take your money
and that aint funny, so Ima say look honey

however it's 10 years old and recorded under frustration and teenyness.
he say everything like 2 or 3 times
it aint even a good freestyle

alright thanks for the info props  8)