Author Topic: What Emcee Without An LP Can Mess With Crooked I?  (Read 360 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:What Emcee Without An LP Can Mess With Crooked I?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 04:48:02 PM »
Tray Deee
Goldie Loc
Bad Azz
Technique

all could fuck wit Crooked I.  Same with some rappers from Da Lowlifes.

If you include people with group albums but no solo like Tray Deee and Goldie Loc then you have many, such as Black Thought (of The Roots), Posdnuos (of De La Soul), Andre (of Outkast)...

But MCs that really don't have an album, I'd say Saigon and Ali Vegas.  I think Crooked I is more lyrical than both of them but they are better MCs.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 05:18:54 PM »
eastwood

SGV

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 07:58:25 PM »
Tray Deee and Goldie Loc fucking with Crooked I? Ha.

Techniec is close, Bad Azz maybe, Tha Low Lifes? Hell na. Crooked I wrecked them each and everytime.

Well so far, Saigon is the only cat fucking with Icon. I wasn't all that impressed by Ali Vegas. Dope artist, but not  :o

prince

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 08:15:08 PM »
I reckon CROOKED I has the dopest flow and freestyle. He is like a lyrical machine gun who spits fire with intellect. The ryhmes he be spittin and the flow is krazy. Seriously when DEATHROW release "Say Hi 2 Tha Bad Guy" Crooked I gonna blow up!!

I think his ryhme, flow and lyrical content are amazing and he be reppin the westcoast to the fullest. I think in a battle with other artists he would destroy them.

The westcoast is dead and has been dead for some time now. Snoop, Dr Dre and even westside connection have not put the westcoast back on the map. The only person I can think of who has as the ability to this is CROOKED I.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 08:34:51 PM »
I reckon CROOKED I has the dopest flow and freestyle. He is like a lyrical machine gun who spits fire with intellect. The ryhmes he be spittin and the flow is krazy. Seriously when DEATHROW release "Say Hi 2 Tha Bad Guy" Crooked I gonna blow up!!

I think his ryhme, flow and lyrical content are amazing and he be reppin the westcoast to the fullest. I think in a battle with other artists he would destroy them.

The westcoast is dead and has been dead for some time now. Snoop, Dr Dre and even westside connection have not put the westcoast back on the map. The only person I can think of who has as the ability to this is CROOKED I.

I wish it could be like that...nowadays blowin up has nothin to do with talent, but all who u roll with. He's more talented that 98% of the rappers around but that doesn't mean shit in this industry. If he had been in 50's exact position, yeah he woulda blew up, but bein with Tha Row, I really doubt it.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 09:11:08 PM »
Dirty Birdy  

yall even siad your self that Sly was better then crook.

well, IMO Dirty Birdy is REAL close to sly

BL7

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 09:26:28 PM »
Dirty Birdy  

I also think Dirty Birdy is better than Crooked I. Y'all should go to westcoast2k and check out Ripashun.

SGV

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 09:42:56 PM »
Dirty Birdy  

Na, Birdy ain't better than Crooked I. Sly Boogy is better than Birdy and just a little better than Icon.

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 09:46:29 PM »
Would you at least agree that Crook and Birdy are on the same level?

SGV

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2003, 09:58:43 PM »
Would you at least agree that Crook and Birdy are on the same level?
Na. Because Birdy ain't seeing Icon. Not on his best day. Birdy sort of went un-noticed on the Anthem, whereas Icon outshined everyone.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2003, 10:12:58 PM »
Tray Deee and Goldie Loc fucking with Crooked I? Ha.

Techniec is close, Bad Azz maybe, Tha Low Lifes? Hell na. Crooked I wrecked them each and everytime.

judging from the promo gang bang muzik, goldie loc and tray deee are. techniec isnt, bad azz is, low lives arent. in terms of raw creative punches, the game is way harder than crook. but then again, it would be the same case for other metaphor orientated rappers. besides, icon kills him in the flow category. sly and icon are close, sly has a more unique style but at the same time i can see people getting bored of him quick, which i dont see with icon. and birdy isnt even on crook's level

if youre including people who are in groups but dont have solo albums, you can add chace infinite and chali 2na to this list.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 10:15:26 PM by Krayzie Mofo Guy »

Jome

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2003, 10:35:13 PM »
Littles released the album "The Feeding", and is by the way a pretty average rapper, imo. (The Feeding)

Crooked I is pretty dull.. he may be lyrically complex, but even Ras Kass sounds like a charismatic possible superstar, when compared to Crooked.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2003, 10:40:37 PM »
Listen to rap killer.  Crooked I comes tight as fuck on this song.  His flow is amazing.  This is one of his best verses ever.  Tray Deee's verse on the song is just as hot.  Nowadays crooked I comes even close to as sick as he did on this track.  Tray deee on the other hand comes just as tight and even tighter.  And goldie loc is just about on the same level as Tray Deee.  If Crooked I were to go verse for verse against Tray Deee or Goldie Loc today he would lose.

Crooked I beats Tray Deee on gangsta gangsta, but his flow on this song is unfuckwitable.  He doesn't flow like that anymore.  and tray deee is still a good contender in the song against crook.

I agree that no one can fuck w/ the C-style presents 19th street lbc Players.  But how can you say crooked I nowadays even comes close to as dope as he was back then.