Author Topic: Do you really give a shit?  (Read 547 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Do you really give a shit?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 10:32:48 AM »
depends. basically i prefer MCs rappin about what the actually do or did...of course snoop ain't peddlin drugs no more but since its sumthing he did he can still rap about it and "keep it real"...dependin on what environment u grew up in you can rap about shit around you and "keep it real" too even when u live in a very different neighborhood later...but music is an artform and as well as a novelist can write from a psycho's perspective a rapper can spit from a gangsta's perspective. But what's important to me is that the rapper don't talk shit in interviews etc. cause then he actually is on sum fake shit...cuz the author aint gonna go on about bein a serial killer in interviews either. Cause MC's who make up stories about themselves to back up their gangsta lyrics are fakes tryina sound hard...

Big L wouldn't have claimed in real life "every sunday a nun laid from his gunspray", Lynch wouldn't say he's an actual cannibal etc. So 50 shouldn't talk bout bein a pimp either cause that'd be an actual attempt to make people believe hes sumthin he aint and thats wack

anyways, as for all the gangsta shit i generally like listenin to MCs who (seem to) really live it cause (logically) they often come up with more interesting views on gangsta live than mothafuckas who just talk about it

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 11:50:34 AM »
i tend to have less respect for fakers (ie: snoop, dre, cube), and even lesser respect for stupid and unintelligent fakers (ie: 50 cent). the main problem is that kids are following these fakers cuz they think that that's how they gotta be. and then you got stupid ass kids shootin eachother over some goddam 50 cent lyrics....that's when it's wrong. but as long as you know the difference between right and wrong, real and fake, it's all good

this is what im talkin about though...why lose respect for them? do you lose respect for will smith playing a cop in a movie when he's not really a cop? i have no problems with any of them...whether they do it well or not...we shouldnt give a shit...i dont know why people do.

music is music. when it comes down to it, you gotta ask 'what is this doing to people's lives?' then you might be able to see where i'm coming from. none of that shit is right. none if it is good if people are dying over it. no matter who does it. whether it be will smith or 50 cent, the fact is people are doing dumb shit because of it. that's why i give a shit. cuz a dude on the a train here in new york got killed for his jewels in broad ass daylight picking up his daughter. for some goddam chain around his neck. that's a problem. and i'll bet anythign that the motherfucker that did it heard some shit about 50 and ja

lmao...you're one of those people who thinks we should blame columbine on marilyn manson right? dude...its not the music...its people in general. just because 50 cent does a song called how to rob...doesnt mean that people are gonna go "hey that sounds like a good idea lemme go rob everybody in the industry"...thats fuckin stupid to think that way. stop blaming music and start blaming the people who deserve to be blamed. the idiots doing the stupid shit.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 01:47:55 PM »
i tend to have less respect for fakers (ie: snoop, dre, cube), and even lesser respect for stupid and unintelligent fakers (ie: 50 cent). the main problem is that kids are following these fakers cuz they think that that's how they gotta be. and then you got stupid ass kids shootin eachother over some goddam 50 cent lyrics....that's when it's wrong. but as long as you know the difference between right and wrong, real and fake, it's all good

this is what im talkin about though...why lose respect for them? do you lose respect for will smith playing a cop in a movie when he's not really a cop? i have no problems with any of them...whether they do it well or not...we shouldnt give a shit...i dont know why people do.

music is music. when it comes down to it, you gotta ask 'what is this doing to people's lives?' then you might be able to see where i'm coming from. none of that shit is right. none if it is good if people are dying over it. no matter who does it. whether it be will smith or 50 cent, the fact is people are doing dumb shit because of it. that's why i give a shit. cuz a dude on the a train here in new york got killed for his jewels in broad ass daylight picking up his daughter. for some goddam chain around his neck. that's a problem. and i'll bet anythign that the motherfucker that did it heard some shit about 50 and ja

lmao...you're one of those people who thinks we should blame columbine on marilyn manson right? dude...its not the music...its people in general. just because 50 cent does a song called how to rob...doesnt mean that people are gonna go "hey that sounds like a good idea lemme go rob everybody in the industry"...thats fuckin stupid to think that way. stop blaming music and start blaming the people who deserve to be blamed. the idiots doing the stupid shit.

yeah, word up, people needa quit that shit.  There is still gonna be murders, robberies, crime,  and all that shit, regardless of the entertainment industry.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2003, 02:00:33 PM »
lyrics, movies, video games etc. might have a certain influence on people, but blamin them for the violence goin on is far too easy

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 03:40:45 PM »
I'm just sick of how negative rap is.  I don't really give a shit if they're real or not anymore, I just wish they were a little more optimistic instead of acting like everything's guns bitches and hos.  

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2003, 09:36:32 PM »
lyrics, movies, video games etc. might have a certain influence on people, but blamin them for the violence goin on is far too easy

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2003, 10:39:30 PM »
I'm just sick of how negative rap is.  I don't really give a shit if they're real or not anymore, I just wish they were a little more optimistic instead of acting like everything's guns bitches and hos.  

thankyou trauma...i agree with that entirely...why rap about bitches, violence, etc....can't they find something a little more positive to rap about?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2003, 12:29:42 AM »
damn if your sick of it then don't listen to it.  I don't want rappers to switch up on some gay ass positive shit.  Can you imagine someone like Spice 1 or Jayo Felony  rappin bout some positive shit?  I can't.

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2003, 12:31:40 AM »
damn if your sick of it then don't listen to it.  I don't want rappers to switch up on some gay ass positive shit.  Can you imagine someone like Spice 1 or Jayo Felony  rappin bout some positive shit?  I can't.

thats the problem..i can't imagine any of the rappers on the radio or even on major labels rapping about some positive shit...the only time you really ever hear anything positive is on underground shit...i'd like to hear some positive shit out of all of them...50 cent could stick with shitty lyrics but if he switched up to some positive shit i may like him a bit more.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2003, 12:52:43 AM »
^^^ so you weren't joking when you told me you own every album by Hanson.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2003, 01:00:36 AM »
^^^ so you weren't joking when you told me you own every album by Hanson.

lmao no i dont own any hanson albums...i did make a cartoon in 8th grade where the whole band died a horribly gruesome death and made a girl in my class cry though...that was fun. mmmbop  ;D

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2003, 06:10:04 AM »

you are absolutely right - it is the people. people are irresponsible and honestly, i would never think of blaming columbine on marilyn manson or anybody except those two fuckin kids....i'm saying that people are making money off of this shit. it's sad. i agree fully - people are responsible for their own actions, but you gotta realize that many people who listen to this shit don't know the difference between real life and and what they hear on record. just because other people are irresponsible and ignorant doesn't really mean that we should make money off it. and maybe that's not a musicians fault, it's the record companies fault. it's like driving down the street with a car coming straight at you. you know the other guy is dumb as fuck, and breaking the law, and is going to kill you, but you keep driving straight on and even faster because you have the right of way....if i thought rap was all bad and all that shit that you're portraying me as, would i listen to it? man, i'm not blaming anyone, i just think that people are ignorant and people are gettin hurt because of it....

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2003, 11:42:55 AM »

you are absolutely right - it is the people. people are irresponsible and honestly, i would never think of blaming columbine on marilyn manson or anybody except those two fuckin kids....i'm saying that people are making money off of this shit. it's sad. i agree fully - people are responsible for their own actions, but you gotta realize that many people who listen to this shit don't know the difference between real life and and what they hear on record. just because other people are irresponsible and ignorant doesn't really mean that we should make money off it. and maybe that's not a musicians fault, it's the record companies fault. it's like driving down the street with a car coming straight at you. you know the other guy is dumb as fuck, and breaking the law, and is going to kill you, but you keep driving straight on and even faster because you have the right of way....if i thought rap was all bad and all that shit that you're portraying me as, would i listen to it? man, i'm not blaming anyone, i just think that people are ignorant and people are gettin hurt because of it....

but again...as you said...its not the rappers fault...its the fault of the idiots who dont know the difference...its not the record companies fault...they have to make their money and you know if rap was all positive they wouldnt make half what they do now. yes i would like to see some more positive music out but i really could give a shit less if somebody lives what they talk about. and people who believe in whatever is said in a record and as you say "get hurt because of it" are idiots and its their own fault.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2003, 02:25:20 PM »

but again...as you said...its not the rappers fault...its the fault of the idiots who dont know the difference...its not the record companies fault...they have to make their money and you know if rap was all positive they wouldnt make half what they do now. yes i would like to see some more positive music out but i really could give a shit less if somebody lives what they talk about. and people who believe in whatever is said in a record and as you say "get hurt because of it" are idiots and its their own fault.

damn with all these quotes this is getting out of hand! yeah, i brought up an opinon of my own which really didn't belong in this post. music is music and if it's bangin, i'm gonna listen to it regardless of artist. and you're right, these people are idiots, i just wish it wasn't really like that....let's just say i'll respect someone's opinion more if they're real, but their opinion isn't always represented in their music. so, when dre or snoop or 50 rap, they're hot. but when they're gettin interviewed, i really don't give a shit or even listen to anything they have to say....