Author Topic: Lord of the rings 3  (Read 1185 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re:Lord of the rings 3
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2003, 10:57:56 AM »
^^ I feel ya... I really didn't like the first one, but loved the 2nd. Thats why I got into the movies. Give the 2nd one a chance. 3rd was better than the first also.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2003, 11:40:40 AM »
man i dont know what you guys are trippin off....i loved all 3

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2003, 01:29:46 PM »
I'm not accusing, I'm just saying it happens with me all the time... first, you see the first movie or something, and think "that's kind of dorky" becuase it's all fantasy science fiction stuff.  After a while though, the ideas in the movie aren't so strange to you, and after you see everybody else enjoying it, you think 'damn, that might be pretty good'.... pretty soon, you're dying to see what the hype is about, and by the time the second one rolls around, you're excited to have fun watching it.  That's kind of how it worked on me, I thought the first one was boring, but then got into it.

I always thought Star Wars was too dorky for me, but then I saw all 3 of them one saturday on T.V., and thought "Damn, that's pretty good".  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2003, 07:43:49 PM »
^^ That is a good point.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2003, 10:03:36 PM »
I watched a documentary on this last night and I gotta admit it looked dope as fuck but after watching the first film I just thought what a fucking waist of time.  A 2002 version of Willow.  I was hugly dissapointed with the first film so I never really got into the trilogy.  

considering that the hobbit and the lord of the rings came out before willow(1970 somethin).....willow is just an 80's version of this.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

bez

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2003, 05:08:50 AM »
I watched a documentary on this last night and I gotta admit it looked dope as fuck but after watching the first film I just thought what a fucking waist of time.  A 2002 version of Willow.  I was hugly dissapointed with the first film so I never really got into the trilogy.  

considering that the hobbit and the lord of the rings came out before willow(1970 somethin).....willow is just an 80's version of this.

Yesss, but when was the Lord of the rings film released??

I know what your saying here but I am talking about the movie, not the book.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2003, 01:27:59 PM »

there was actually a hobbit and lord of the rings movie before willow as well.

bez

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2003, 01:45:19 PM »

there was actually a hobbit and lord of the rings movie before willow as well.

SO the point to these 3 movies was?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 01:48:44 PM »
i dunno but i, as well as millions of other people, sure do enjoyed it

bez

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2003, 01:57:38 PM »
i dunno but i, as well as millions of other people, sure do enjoyed it

and WIllow wasn't....nigga u trippin...lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2003, 09:47:57 PM »
Bez, come on man, just admit you're wrong. The point is, there was another version of the Lord of the Rings out years ago, then Willow came out, now there's a longer better version of the Lord of the Rings out.  Neither movie is anything like the other, Willow wasn't ripping anybody off, Lord of the Rings wasn't ripping anybody off.  If you don't like the movie, fine, but why do you give a shit if we do?

Don Breezio

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2003, 10:43:49 PM »
fact is (i've never seen the OG lotr) willow was dope...the newer version of lord of the rings was doper...simple as that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2003, 02:06:00 AM »
the og lord of the rings and hobbit movies were animated that's  the best reason i can give.

willow was a cool movie, but the lord of the rings is CLASSIC

straight up and down like a totum pole!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2003, 03:09:31 AM »
It's Nr. 1 on IMDB! Ripped Godfather off!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/

9.1 ... when the ranking is refreshed on monday, y'all see!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

bez

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2003, 05:21:47 AM »
Bez, come on man, just admit you're wrong. The point is, there was another version of the Lord of the Rings out years ago, then Willow came out, now there's a longer better version of the Lord of the Rings out.  Neither movie is anything like the other, Willow wasn't ripping anybody off, Lord of the Rings wasn't ripping anybody off.  If you don't like the movie, fine, but why do you give a shit if we do?

I was never arguing my point so I was never trying to force my opinion on anyone.  I just dont like the first lord of the rings movie, reminded me of willow too much.  Thats all.