Author Topic: Lord of the rings 3  (Read 1182 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Lord of the rings 3
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2003, 06:44:22 AM »
Welp, I think I've found a movie too complicated for me, lol.  I didn't even realize the white wizard used to be grey, like I said I forgot a lot of the first two movies.  Now that you mention it, I think he was grey before he fell down the hole, lol.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2003, 06:54:40 AM »
Well,most of this doesn't come from the movies (wich are an unreliable source) or even from LotR itself,but from other,mostly secondary writings by the good professor like "The Silmarillion","Unfinished Tales" or "History of Middle-Earth." Us Tolkinites can get into heavy discussion about certain matters like for example the function of the Wizard's staff, Balrog wings or 'wings' or the literal meaning of a certain passage. I post at the forum of www.barrowdowns.com......can be found there as Noxomanus.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 06:57:38 AM by Morgoth Bauglir »
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2003, 06:56:27 AM »
I guess it just takes a while to get a good understanding of the characters involved, like Star Wars.  

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2003, 07:04:01 AM »
I guess it just takes a while to get a good understanding of the characters involved, like Star Wars.  

True,especially for the movies.

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2003, 07:46:06 AM »

Now that u come to talk of Silimarillion.. I remenmber that Christopher tolkien had compiled teh history of ME into a coherent 12 book affair..
But tell me sumthing.. Mr Morgoth.. if I remmeber rite he was the first evil to plague the ME during the first age...

What is the relationship between the Numenoreans and the Valar and why did the VAlars drown the Numenor??

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2003, 07:50:45 AM »

also did gimli really sail Fron the Grey havens along with Legolas i the end???

And what happens to Aragorn's love interest the elf lady... Arawen?? Does she die in Rivendell??

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2003, 11:54:30 AM »
ive seen all 3 movies and enjoyed them all but this topic has left me a bit confused lol. best trilogy ever though
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 11:54:59 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2003, 02:33:48 PM »

Now that u come to talk of Silimarillion.. I remenmber that Christopher tolkien had compiled teh history of ME into a coherent 12 book affair..
But tell me sumthing.. Mr Morgoth.. if I remmeber rite he was the first evil to plague the ME during the first age...

What is the relationship between the Numenoreans and the Valar and why did the VAlars drown the Numenor??

Yeah Morgoth (originally Melkor) is the prime evil of ME. He brought evil into the world but was after many crimes and terrible deeds (Too many to mention, but believe me....he was a very naughty boy) he was beaten by an army send by the Valar,and their comrades in ME. After that,Morgoth was thrown into the endless,inescapable Void by the Valar.
The Numenoreans were the descendants from the men who had helped the Valar defeat Morgoth (Melkor),the fallen Vala and master of fallen Maiar like Sauron.(Maiar are angelic servants of particular Valar) They were granted their own island realm and a great lifespan. They envied the Valar however for their immortality. In time they grew into the greatest mariners ever to live and also made war on Sauron in ME. Eventually they even captured Sauron as he surrendered to their massive army but this wasn't a good thing to do as using the Numenoreans' lust for immortality and knowledge Sauron went to influence and eventually corrupt them. This was up to the point they went to make war on the Valar themselves,believing they could get immortality from them. When the King,Ar-Pharazon, had gathered the greatest fleet ever, to sail on Valinor,Eru (God) intervened and destroyed Numenor and it's folk.It weren't the Valar who did this. Few managed to survive to flee to ME but they founded the twin-kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor. The history itself and that of the Kingdoms is huge so I'll leave that alone but I can say that Aragorn eventually became their first shared King in some 2000 years or so and is thus named King of the Reunited Kingdom.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 04:13:21 PM by Morgoth Bauglir »

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2003, 02:38:19 PM »

also did gimli really sail Fron the Grey havens along with Legolas i the end???

And what happens to Aragorn's love interest the elf lady... Arawen?? Does she die in Rivendell??

Gimli probably did as the only Dwarf to do so,supposedly because he so desired to see Galadriel (who he revered) again.Also,because of the great things he did in the downthrowing of Sauron he was rewarded.They didn't sail from the Grey Havens,wich might have been deserted then but sailed up the river and eventually to Valinor from Ithilien (where Frodo,Sam and Gollum came upon Faramir & co) Legolas had apparently build this ship himself.

Arwen married Aragorn and came to live in Minas Tirith where she died,though I'm not sure of that. Her brothers, Elrohir and Elros lived sometime in Rivendell after their father left,but eventually seem to have sailed to Valinor.....possibly on the same ship as Galadriels husbaund,Celeborn,who had lived in Rivendell for some time too.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:43:26 PM by Morgoth Bauglir »

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2003, 10:19:41 PM »
Apparently Christopher Lee refused to turn up to the premier of Return of the King, due to his scenes being axed.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2003, 02:30:34 AM »
Apparently Christopher Lee refused to turn up to the premier of Return of the King, due to his scenes being axed.

That's true and the movie would certainly have improved if that part had been in.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2003, 01:50:20 PM »
Anyone else got questions ;D........I'll see if I can answer them.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2003, 03:17:24 PM »
ya I'd think ive been fucked too if I am acting in the biggest movie ever and most of my scenes, containing a whole storyline itself, have been cut out, lol. it's understandable.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2003, 05:44:32 PM »
i jus seen the cut today with some my bredjwinz and i gotta say, the endin was wack............it was good in the way it was done and shit, but i kinda dragged imo..........corny shit to, niggaz could have cutted it shorter, wat to long imo......def a good a dope film jus like the endin went on n on n on n on

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2003, 03:00:10 AM »
It was the way it had to end but yes,the Grey Havens could have been muuuuuch shorter. Even I,probably the biggest fan of this on this board thought it was kinda dragging.