Author Topic: Everlast - Eat At Whitey's  (Read 268 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Everlast - Eat At Whitey's
« on: December 22, 2003, 07:33:35 PM »
Anyone else feel this album? It's not really hip-hop (3 songs are hip-hop) but it's a dope album IMO. It's not really a CD for everyone but it's got some deep ass songs.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 07:34:02 PM by Lincoln »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

Re:Everlast - Eat At Whitey's
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:32:17 PM »
props for this thread...i love this album...this has what i feel is probably in the top 10 best songs ever made..."Love For Real" feat. N'dea Davenport...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 12:41:35 AM »
Yes i liked this album...

...but whitey ford sings the blues is better imo, it has a couple of outstanding tracks like ends, today (watch me shine) and what its like.

Pe@ce

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 01:04:28 AM »
Yes i liked this album...

...but whitey ford sings the blues is better imo, it has a couple of outstanding tracks like ends, today (watch me shine) and what its like.

Pe@ce

yeah but thats the problem with that album...the only outstanding tracks from it were what its like, ends, today, and get down...eat at whiteys had love for real, childrens story, black jesus, graves to dig, i can't move, one two, & babylon feeling...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 01:17:35 AM »
Yeah i agree with you...overall eat at whitey's is a stronger album...more good tunes!

But the impact that whitey ford had for me it was an eye opener...didnt think he could come up with lyrics so emotive and powerful...ya get what i mean...

..i can listen thru eat at the whole way, but when  i hear in particular those 3 tracks from whitey ford it conveys the emotion to me...i feel for the characters in the song...like in any good movie

(prob talking shite now but thats due to 10 hrs sleep in the last week and way too much free alcohol)

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 01:19:58 AM »
(prob talking shite now but thats due to 10 hrs sleep in the last week and way too much free alcohol)

lol i got what you were saying...and yeah i agree...those tracks were hot...the only one i think that tops them is "Love For Real"...i think everlast really outdid himself with that track...i made a best of everlast cd a few months ago...i'll postup the tracklist tomorrow (i have to type it out cuz its not on my comp anymore i dont think)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 07:42:59 AM »
personnally i liked sings the blues alot better...wasn't really feeling eat at whiteys although i still copped it...i thought his house of pain days were his prime, they made 2 classics and one dope album, they are in my top 5 bestrap groups of all time...shit i even have everlast's first album forever everlasting, that shit is oldschool, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 10:31:42 AM »
His version of "Children's Story" is god awful.