Author Topic: NEED SOME CAR AUDIO HELP !!!  (Read 149 times)

Fabulous_Verstyle

NEED SOME CAR AUDIO HELP !!!
« on: December 27, 2003, 08:29:39 AM »
I just recently bought a 2400W Legacy AMP. and 2 15" 1000W Sony Xplods. The thing is, on my AMP manual it says

1200 Watts X 2 Output  or 2400Watts X 1. That means if i hook my 2 1000W 15 inches to it, the AMP is gona give it 1200, isnt tht gona blow it up ??????? so is there a way to give each SUB 1000 watts or 900 wattts ??

and my 2nd question is, ive heard u shud always keep the Watts of ur SUBS lower to wht it says, for EX if its a 1500W SUB the Max. power u shud be supplying it thru the AMP shud be 1200 or 1300 watts. is it true ?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re:NEED SOME CAR AUDIO HELP !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 08:41:33 AM »
it wont really matter because u are not gonna turn ya system up to the peak so it will not use up all of the power. i think that it will be about just right...Legacy are a cheap ass amp and the power rating is not as high as it says on the box..A higher quality amp actually gives u  close to the exact RMS and power...U should be fine

Fabulous_Verstyle

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 09:56:52 AM »
i have another AMP, its a 2400 Watt ROCKFORD FOSGATE, is that better than the Legacy one ? kaz someone told me Legacy is better than Rockford, im totally new to this stuff, so help me out, which AMP shud i install ?

AND

is Boss AMP better than a Rockford AMP ?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 10:13:41 AM »
i never heard of legacy.... i've got 2 x rockford fosgate subs in my car running off an alpine amp + clarion headunit).

your amps should have instructions on how to wire up for the different configurations.. mine did...

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 10:59:11 AM »
i have another AMP, its a 2400 Watt ROCKFORD FOSGATE, is that better than the Legacy one ? kaz someone told me Legacy is better than Rockford, im totally new to this stuff, so help me out, which AMP shud i install ?

AND

is Boss AMP better than a Rockford AMP ?

That Fosgate amp should be better.  AMP's can make or brake your system.  I had a Boss one a few years ago, it was ok.  But Fosgate is better.  
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 11:00:17 AM by Adon aka Suga Foot »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 12:10:01 PM »
definatly go for the fosgate...yo will notice a big difference..I got 2 12 inch bazooka els with the cooling system...I got an 800 watt diamond amp and a pioneer head unit with infinity componants...my trunk is all fiberglassed which did myself ..i can make sweet show stuff..

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 04:02:04 PM »
I might be gettin a crx soon.  I'm a have a dooope system in that.  I wanna put 2 15's in it.  I'm gonna make it all fiberglass too.  Now that I have access to a chopper gun, it makes it easy.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 07:02:16 PM »
yea Xplod sucks, i have an alpine 9813 head unit, just ordered infinity kappa speakers, and gonna get 2 12 inch subs and an amp soon

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 01:08:58 AM »
definatly go for the fosgate...yo will notice a big difference..I got 2 12 inch bazooka els with the cooling system...I got an 800 watt diamond amp and a pioneer head unit with infinity componants...my trunk is all fiberglassed which did myself ..i can make sweet show stuff..

that's sweet i want to take out my backseats in my mustang convertable and put two 15 inch subs (havn't decided what brand yet) and two amps where the back rests used to be (havn't decided yet) and i want that show/figer glass look......any tips homie.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 08:45:05 AM »
its actually pretty simple....I did it in my boys cobra going up the rear walls near the seats with kick panels and 4 subs in the area with the hatch..i will do a write up sometime on how to fiberglass..You will be suprised how easy u will be able to make tight shit
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 08:45:54 AM by rAw~crAigA the fat stupid american »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 08:10:23 PM »
yeah man post that up, i really want that in my back seat

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09