Author Topic: I just watched Scarface for the first time...questions  (Read 633 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:I just watched Scarface for the first time...questions
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 09:36:03 AM »
Not an incest thing.  Everybody mistakes it for that.

He hated himself, and didn't want her to end up with somebody like him.  That's why he was so brash & didn't give a fuck about anything, he didn't care if he died, because he hated himself and everything he had became.  He was trying to do at least 1 good thing by protecting her, but he even fucked that up, and guess what? He hated that too.  

SHE even mistook it for an incest thing, that's why the line at the end.  Even the one person he actually cared about didn't understand him.  

That's a great analogy.  I still think his actions toward his sister at the end of the film with his kisses and head in her tits says otherwise though.

I got Series 4 of the Sopranos on box set the other day to complete my collection, and I cannot believe some people say the fourth series was crap compared to the other three.  there's some great scenes.  Check out when Tony talks about Christopher Columbus and Gary Cooper in "Christopher".  It cracks me up everytime.

Defiance

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 06:00:14 PM »
^ I agree.  Not really that great.  Al Pacino was great simply because he totally created a character, but the movie and plot weren't very good at all.

The Sopranos dumps on all of these, even the Godfather.  

I disagree, and think that it is beyond idiotic to compare a movie to a series...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2004, 05:25:01 AM »
THIS movie is amazing, i saw it for the 1st time like a week ago, holy shit, i was blazed too, god damn i cant believe i dint watch it before, is it me or does tony's friend not look so fuckin gay, he gets bitches tho

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2004, 05:31:28 AM »
Not an incest thing.  Everybody mistakes it for that.

He hated himself, and didn't want her to end up with somebody like him.  That's why he was so brash & didn't give a fuck about anything, he didn't care if he died, because he hated himself and everything he had became.  He was trying to do at least 1 good thing by protecting her, but he even fucked that up, and guess what? He hated that too.  

SHE even mistook it for an incest thing, that's why the line at the end.  Even the one person he actually cared about didn't understand him.  

That's a great analogy.  I still think his actions toward his sister at the end of the film with his kisses and head in her tits says otherwise though.

I got Series 4 of the Sopranos on box set the other day to complete my collection, and I cannot believe some people say the fourth series was crap compared to the other three.  there's some great scenes.  Check out when Tony talks about Christopher Columbus and Gary Cooper in "Christopher".  It cracks me up everytime.

I know, right? Easily the best and most consistant show on t.v.