Author Topic: the real question about ll and will  (Read 182 times)

Lil Suge Knight

the real question about ll and will
« on: December 27, 2003, 12:57:41 PM »
if there was someone in the same league as will smith i reckon i might have thought of someone. but i cant. all im going for is someone who has had a succesfull rap career, then took acting by storm, leading to an amazing hollywood career. personally i dont think ll counts but hes close enough. he left rap alone finishing with one good easy listening album. tv shows are perfered but im looking for someone whos taken hollywood as a well respected actor who can pull in at lest 15 million for a film. your answers will be final settle this for me and my miss guided friend. ps ja rule cant count cuz he sucks ass and so does everyone at murder inc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1                                                      
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

On The Edge of Insanity

Re:the real question about ll and will
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 01:25:20 PM »
I think Will Smith was acting before he started rapping though, so I don't think he really counts.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 03:12:01 PM »
I think Will Smith was acting before he started rapping though, so I don't think he really counts.

Nah, him and Jazzy Jeff used to be quite famous in Philly for their shows (but they weren't famous for Will's skills on the mic) before he started acting.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 03:18:51 PM »
Yep, Will's crossed over like no other rapper.  Jennifer Lopez has similarly handled music and movies, she's on his level, but doesn't rap.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 06:58:51 PM »
ice cube?

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 11:10:55 PM »
only people close i think are LL and if pac was still alive he'd be right there or better. his movies were dope and people knew it.

pappy

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 11:23:48 PM »
ice cube?

word he proberly makes a pretty penny.  you kno who i cant believe no1 listed.... ice t

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 11:36:37 PM »
ice cube?

word he proberly makes a pretty penny.  you kno who i cant believe no1 listed.... ice t

rofl @ ice t being as big as will smith...the last movie i can remember him even in was leprechaun in the hood...the last album he released was like 4 years ago. ice t aint shit

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 03:20:45 AM »
you cant forget Queen Latifah

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 08:46:32 AM »

shes had a better movie career than rap career...i did a report on her once for school...her rap career in fact has kinda sucked. shes had a few hits but hasnt sold shit compared to most people.

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 07:46:48 PM »

shes had a better movie career than rap career...i did a report on her once for school...her rap career in fact has kinda sucked. shes had a few hits but hasnt sold shit compared to most people.
IMO selling doesnt really make the artists...you have people like Chingy who get all the video and radio play and album sales but does that make him better.  Queen Latifiah is an important figure in the history of Hip Hop.