Author Topic: MY VERY BIG COLLECTION OF RAP MEMORABILIA.RARE POSTERS & etc.LOTS OF PICS  (Read 397 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:MY VERY BIG COLLECTION OF RAP MEMORABILIA.RARE POSTERS & etc.LOTS OF PICS
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2003, 09:43:37 AM »
damn Justin...nice collection! Any chance on selling that Deathrow Plaque? :)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2003, 09:46:27 AM »
bowtie which ones were you thinking of? i'll let you know.

That DJ Quik one would be nice to have..
and that Talib Kweli one I like alot.

or aeom
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 09:47:19 AM by Bowtie Bram »

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 01:16:31 PM »
haha antony-o-montana now you know why i was askin about the dogg food poster on ur bobby blaze site. just trying to fill in the gaps in my collection.

^lol yea i thought that was u who asked... yea like i said ebay got that shit... but that was years ago... damn u got a real nice collection thou...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

way2fonky313

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 04:29:20 PM »
you wouldnt be willin to part with that quik poster now would ya????

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2004, 05:18:12 PM »
you wouldnt be willin to part with that quik poster now would ya????

^that shit is sick! gotta see what ebay got lately... i doubt i'll ever find that gem thou... i don't collect rap posters but i always wanted 2 start collectin' shit like that, i got a dope wu-tang forever poster that's about it and 3 sick ass subway sized scarface posters...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2004, 07:48:29 PM »
i paid a good amount for the death row platinum certification. and yes it is real and 100% official, like what the artists and industry people would receive. haha i didnt just go to some store and have them make it.

bowtie which ones were you thinking of? i'll let you know.

Nice little collection, but why would someone pay for a plaque that wasn't given to them by a label or even have their name inscribed on the plaque?
If that's the case I could make a killin' off all the plaques I have, but I rather not part with those, too many sacrifices made in promotin' those artists and labels.
And I used to have all the DR posters (but there are some nice ones you got). I think the best posters are the ones generated from overseas, they usually weld the most cash and have more style and flair to them.
I do have a limited edition (only 10 made) 2Pac jacket that was given by WEA to top 2Pac Marketing Rep (Strictly 4 My...) in 1992. Still in great condition just too damn small now

We Fly High

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2004, 09:23:30 PM »
i dont really see whats wrong with paying for a plaque. i just think it is great memorabilia, that not many people would have, and it looks real nice. im not really paying for the sentimental value (like all the sacrifices that you made) of it, but rather the aesthetics of it & that i think it looks good on the wall. it basically boils down to that i had to buy it, because a label never gave me one.there would be no other way for me to obtain a plaque, because i never really did any sort of promotin the label/artists, or did any work on the albums. i dont really care about the name inscribed on the plaque, that makes little difference to me.

godbody what plaques do you have? and what dr posters do you have?
what do you mean by overseas posters?

bowtie i'll check up on the posters.. i might have duplicates of the talib, i know for sure i have a back up copy of the all eyez on me.. and i might have duplicate of dj quik (bowtie and way2fonky). i'll get back to you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 09:32:18 PM by justin718 »

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2004, 09:31:33 PM »
i dont really see whats wrong with paying for a plaque. i just think it is great memorabilia, that not many people would have, and it looks real nice. im not really paying for the sentimental value of it, but rather the aesthetics of it. it basically boils down to that i had to buy it, because a label never gave me one.there would be no other way for me to obtain a plaque, because i never really did any sort of promotin the label/artists, or did any work on the albums. i dont really care about the name inscribed on the plaque, that makes little difference to me.

godbody what plaques do you have? and what dr posters do you have?
what do you mean by overseas posters?

bowtie i'll check up on the posters.. i might have duplicates of the talib, i know for sure i have a back up copy of the all eyez on me.. and i might have duplicate of dj quik (bowtie and way2fonky). i'll get back to you.

Hey its cool I just couldn't have a plaque and my name ain't on it. It's like having a trophy that I didn't win, but that's me.
I have so many plaques I can't even name them all, they vary from BIG to Eazy and all my DR posters are thrown away, I used have bundles of that shit and just threw 'em away, when you are in my business all that extra promo material piles up and during my moves to different states, I just throw shit away that's not needed.
And I mean posters as far as the ones promoters use when an artist is doing a country-wide tour like Europe, Japan, Australia, etc.
I have Jimmy Hendrix tour posters and several Funk artists posters that are laminated and framed and worth some money.

We Fly High

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2004, 10:01:47 PM »
Yeah i kinda understand what you mean by saying its like having a trophy that i didnt win, or my names not on it.

but the truth is, anyone who is influentical in seeing that an album sold well is enttiled to receive one of the awards. this would include anyone from the producer (dr. dre) of the album, to the manager of a Tower Records Store. dr dres contribution to the success of the record is quite obvious.however the contribution of a music store manager is not as evident. regardless though, if a maanger of a tower records held a midnight sale, decorated the store with death row promotional posters, and thus sold an outstanding number of units during an albums opening week, that person went the extra mile and therefore earned his or her plaque.
In my opinion, a trophy is used to signifiy a strong accomplishment.
But in the case of the tower records manager, i dont think it was much to do on his part, and certainly not a strong accomplishment to be very proud of. because i think just about anyone in that position, could have held a midnight sale, and decorated the store with posters.

I think the only people that the plaques can be considered trophies to, are the actual artsists themselves, and the people who contributed to the album. because basically the plaque is commemorating the artist's success, not anyone elses.

so that is why i am saying that i bought the plaque for its aesthetic value, not the sentimental value. because all in all, its not that hard for someone to get one.

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2004, 11:53:37 PM »
Yeah i kinda understand what you mean by saying its like having a trophy that i didnt win, or my names not on it.

but the truth is, anyone who is influentical in seeing that an album sold well is enttiled to receive one of the awards. this would include anyone from the producer (dr. dre) of the album, to the manager of a Tower Records Store. dr dres contribution to the success of the record is quite obvious.however the contribution of a music store manager is not as evident. regardless though, if a maanger of a tower records held a midnight sale, decorated the store with death row promotional posters, and thus sold an outstanding number of units during an albums opening week, that person went the extra mile and therefore earned his or her plaque.
In my opinion, a trophy is used to signifiy a strong accomplishment.
But in the case of the tower records manager, i dont think it was much to do on his part, and certainly not a strong accomplishment to be very proud of. because i think just about anyone in that position, could have held a midnight sale, and decorated the store with posters.

I think the only people that the plaques can be considered trophies to, are the actual artsists themselves, and the people who contributed to the album. because basically the plaque is commemorating the artist's success, not anyone elses.

so that is why i am saying that i bought the plaque for its aesthetic value, not the sentimental value. because all in all, its not that hard for someone to get one.

I feel what you sayin' but without people like me folks like Dre wouldn't sell records and in fact WE contribute 50% to a record's success, so its a 2way street and yea some labels do give  record stores plaques, which is greasin' one's palm, but it's not as easy as you think to get a plaque, unless you just buy one from somebody, but artists and label heads never seel their wares, at least no one I know, lol. But again nice collection, I wish I knew years back that this shit would be worth some money to somebody today  ;D

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2004, 04:06:35 AM »
I got a nice collection of shit building up at home these days. I recently brought a signed 2pac poster (with COA) off someone who I think i've seen on WCC b4...

I got a Lady of Rage album poster, never seen that b4
And speaking of collectables, I love my Death Row Water Bottle lol

How much u got on that plaque Justin?