Author Topic: Jay-Z-The_Black_Samples-(Ltd.Ed.)-2003-THB  (Read 211 times)

Jome

Jay-Z-The_Black_Samples-(Ltd.Ed.)-2003-THB
« on: January 06, 2004, 09:58:49 PM »
     ³ Releasenotes: This album - supposedly Sean Carter's last effort as Jay-Z - ³
     ³               is thick with plenty of grand production manifested in       ³
     ³               victoriously anthemic tunes (“December 4th,” “What More Can  ³
     ³               I Say”), booty-bumpin’ club jams (“Change Clothes,” “Dirt    ³
     ³               Off Your Shoulder”) and street jams with lots of smart-edged ³
     ³               lyrical content and resonant bottom end (“Threat,”           ³
     ³               “Lucifer”). Though Jay-Z is backed by beats from some of the ³
     ³               game’s biggest names — Eminem, Timbaland and The Neptunes —  ³
     ³               he sticks with more familiar producers as well, workhorses   ³
     ³               like the 9th Wonder and Just Blaze whose clean styles        ³
     ³               contribute to an album with a well-rounded sound and a nice  ³
     ³               variety. The real highlight on J-Hova’s swansong opus,       ³
     ³               however, is “99 Problems,” produced by Rick Rubin, legendary ³
     ³               figure in rap and rock and co-founder of Def Jam, whose      ³
     ³               combination of rock guitar samples with big bombastic drum   ³
     ³               beats and a wicked little cowbell hits like an old school    ³
     ³               Run DMC track. If this is truly the end, Jay-Z is going out  ³
     ³               with a bang.                                                 ³
     ³                                                                            ³
     ³               Mixed by Wattz - www.wattzbeatz.com                          ³
     ³ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ[ GroupNews ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³
     ³ :                                                                        : ³
     ³ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ[ Tracklist ]ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³
     ³ :                                                                        : ³
     ³    01.hugo montenegro-dizzy (interlude sample)                  [03:19]    ³
     ³    02.the chi lites-thats how long (december 4th sample)        [05:15]    ³
     ³    03.mfsb-something for nothing (what more can say sample)     [02:53]    ³
     ³    04.john holt-i will (encore sample)                          [03:54]    ³
     ³    05.r kelly-a womans threat (threat sample)                   [05:59]    ³
     ³    06.billy squier-the big beat (99 problems sample)            [03:42]    ³
     ³    07.little boy blues-seed of love                             [04:53]    ³
     ³       (public service announcement sample)                                 ³
     ³    08.madonna-justify my love (justify my thug sample)          [05:18]    ³
     ³    09.max romeo-i chase the devil (lucifer sample)              [03:44]    ³
     ³    10.los angeles negros-tu y tu mirar. yo y mi cancion         [03:14]    ³
     ³       (my 1st song sample)                                                 ³
     ³                                                                 -------    ³

Don Breezio

Re:Jay-Z-The_Black_Samples-(Ltd.Ed.)-2003-THB
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 10:01:05 PM »
lol i was just thinking about making an album like this yesterday  :P

Jome

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 10:16:59 PM »
    ³    02.the chi lites-thats how long (december 4th sample)        [05:15]    ³
     ³    07.little boy blues-seed of love                             [04:53]    ³
     ³       (public service announcement sample)                                 ³
                                                           -------    ³

Just Blaze is a moron for these.. I hope he gets sued for the "December 4th" jacking.
Beatjacking deluxe, I could have done the same with the OG and 5 minutes editing in Sound Forge.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 10:17:11 PM by Royce Jome »

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 02:47:28 AM »
That's some good shit, I always like to hear the samples which were used in classic-rap-songs, so that's definitely a good album. I'ma definitely download that...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 11:55:42 AM »
If somebody downloads this, could he/she hook me up with I Chase The Devil by Max Romeo? That sample and the whole beat was funky as hell, I gotta hear that track. PM me or sumthin'.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 12:15:22 PM »
damn, could someone hook me up with this?

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 12:36:13 PM »
does anyone else find it strange that EVERY track off the black album used a sample? isn't that what everyone was talkin shit about when puffy was jackin beats and samples for his hits?

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 02:12:18 PM »
for one...nobody cares if it used a sample...some of the best songs of all time have had samples used in them.

and two...there are more than 10 tracks on the black album....so not every song did.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 02:24:44 PM »
for one...nobody cares if it used a sample...some of the best songs of all time have had samples used in them.

and two...there are more than 10 tracks on the black album....so not every song did.

i'm saying, can't 10 out of 12 songs sampled be considered as lack of originality? i'm not hatin, cuz i think the album is dope, but just wondering where people draw the line from puff using samples and called a biter, whereas other producers using samples and being called hot

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 02:28:51 PM »

i'm saying, can't 10 out of 12 songs sampled be considered as lack of originality? i'm not hatin, cuz i think the album is dope, but just wondering where people draw the line from puff using samples and called a biter, whereas other producers using samples and being called hot

back when puff came out with no way out and 90% of the tracks were sampled it wasnt normal to sample that much...so he got called a biter. i loved that album so i could care less either way. i dont think its a lack of originality though. if you paint a picture of your dog is that considered lack of originality? because you're sampling your dogs image? why not paint something totally new that you've never seen?

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 02:50:59 PM »
where can u get this???

Jome

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 06:27:31 PM »
where can u get this???

#outlawzmp3z, 5+ bots

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 11:20:21 AM »
Theres a difference between sampling and just using exactly the same beat as the original track. Most producers use samples and build them into the beat they are creating, whereas most of Bad Boys tracks that were criticised were basically just the instrumentals of the old tracks, and they also usually used the same chrouses as the originals as well.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 01:43:40 PM »
thanks for the opinions on sampling....gives me a better point of view