Author Topic: Royce Da 5'9"  (Read 192 times)

Don Breezio

Royce Da 5'9"
« on: January 11, 2004, 10:51:11 PM »
Death Is Certain my very well be the album im anticipating most this year as a result of its first single "Hip Hop"...i've had this track for like 3 weeks and i love it...i cant stop bumping it...its got great lyrics, preme did another classic beat, and royces flow is on point. i can't wait for this album.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Royce Da 5'9"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 04:33:58 AM »
yup, I wanna hear it too. He got alot of potential

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 01:42:45 PM »
Yeah, i'm thinking this could be a real dope album. He's got a point to prove, and I think he'll definitely prove it with this album.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 06:20:02 PM »
i agree 100%, god damn hip hop is amaizng,

Jome

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 07:57:59 PM »
http://www.ballerstatus.net/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?id=EpZFlyFuklhOdhaYTd&style=&tmpl=

'Death Is Certain' For Royce Da 5'9" on February 24th
Written by: Jay Casteel
Sunday - January 11, 2004
NEWS OPTIONS
Discuss This Story
Print This Story
Send This Story
Detroit Vet, Royce Da 5'9" is coming to terms with his death. No, not really! His sophomore album titled Death is Certain is slated to drop on February 24, 2004.

"I feel like Nas before he dropped 'Ether,'" said Royce Da 5'9" about releasing his highly-anticipated follow-up to his massively bootlegged debut Rock City.

Since his debut Rock City was so massively bootlegged, his label refurbished, re-titled and officially released it again as Rock City V.2.0. Since then he has released two mixtapes, Build & Destroy and M.I.C. Mixtape Vol.1

Death is Certain is said to be Royce's most revealing and honest LP’s to date. Where else are you going to hear an emcee apologize to fans for his attempts to gain commercial acceptance? Or as Royce says on "Regardless," "I played myself for radio play/I never dance/but the skill itself is a second chance."

According to a press release from Koch, the album is so personal there will be no outside guest appearances. The album is so personal Royce had a hard time putting other emcees on including his very own crew, D-Elite.

Most of the LP is produced by Carlos “6 July” Broady, but you will see production from Asar, Ty Fyffe, DJ Premier and Reef. Broady chips in on eight tracks, including three that were originally recorded for the late Notorious B.I.G. (including an update of B.I.G.’s classic “What’s Beef” now appropriately re-dubbed “Beef”).

"Me and Los really just wanted to remind people where he came from," said Royce of the remix. "And what to expect from us as a team and 'What's Beef' was such a classic for him and B.I.G. that we felt like it had to be done again."

Royce offers, "I feel this album is showing the world what I’m capable of as an artist and emcee."

The Final track listing for Death Is Certain is as follows:

01 - Regardless
02 - Throw Back
03 - What I Know
04 - Bomb 1st
05 - Everybody Goes
06 - I & ME
07 - Beef
08 - Gangsta Feat. Cutty Mack
09 - Hip Hop
10 - Grown & Sexy Feat. Ingrid Smalls
11 - I Promise
12 - T.O.D.A.Y Feat. Ingrid Smalls
13 - Death is Certain Pt. 2 (It Hurt’s)
14 - Something’s Wrong with Him Feat. 6 July

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 08:18:08 PM »
damn, i can't wait, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

eS El Duque

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 08:28:44 PM »
where can i download hip-hop  ???

btw...that throwback song is crazy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 08:30:04 PM by eS Strictly E.F.I.L.4.Z.A.G.G.I.N »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 08:40:37 PM »
Yeah, i'm thinking this could be a real dope album. He's got a point to prove, and I think he'll definitely prove it with this album.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 08:42:18 PM »
where can i download hip-hop  ???

btw...that throwback song is crazy

There's a taster on this site:

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/6031/1/

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"