Author Topic: yo wats the word on xzibit?  (Read 340 times)

budsmokeronly

Re:yo wats the word on xzibit?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2004, 03:18:01 PM »
I don't like shady/gunit/aftermath, nor do I like Man VS Machine, but I luv restless.  I like it much better than 40 dayz, but I never heard at the speed of light.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 03:53:24 PM »
People don't like "Restless" cuz not only are they Shady/G-Unit/Aftermath haters, but they prefer that hip-hop sound a lot more. Personally I thought "Restless" was bangin'. Anyways, I'm still wondering wha'sup with that JT and Young Buck project X was supposed to put out. That shit sounded hot.

I prefer a more grimy hiphop sound, why does that make me a Shady/G Unit/Aftermath hater? I'm not hating on them because of who they are, I'm just not feeling their music because that isn't the kind of sound that I like my hiphop to have.

My bad I didn't mean it like that. I meant "either/or". I'm into that hip-hop sound as well, but I prefer the West Coast sound that "Restless" definitely had to it.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2004, 03:58:43 PM »
Ok, thats coo.

Jome

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 07:38:28 PM »
man I don't know why people don't like X over dre beats.  I think Restless is one of the hottest albums to drop in the last 5 years.

Yup, 90% of the Xzibit-tracks with Dr.Dre behind the boards are bangers.

"X-Man vol.1" was supposed to drop fall 2003, but I guess something happened..
There was supposed to be a vol.2 dropping shortly after, but maybe they're planning to release them some months before his album drop.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »
man I don't know why people don't like X over dre beats.  I think Restless is one of the hottest albums to drop in the last 5 years.  It was one of the best that dropped the year it did, and it dropped right around the same time last meal dropped, and it blew last meal away imo.

man i agree with you there, restless is hella dope imo. maybe not as good as 40 dayz and 40 nightz, but it was sure fuckin dope

That's the truth right there.
Restless was a good album. Battlecat, Rockwilder, Dre, Soopafly, Quik came with heat. There's no way he can make another 40 days type album though. That album is near classic to me. That's like expecting Nas to make another Illmatic.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2004, 09:56:51 PM »
man I don't know why people don't like X over dre beats.  I think Restless is one of the hottest albums to drop in the last 5 years.  It was one of the best that dropped the year it did, and it dropped right around the same time last meal dropped, and it blew last meal away imo.

man i agree with you there, restless is hella dope imo. maybe not as good as 40 dayz and 40 nightz, but it was sure fuckin dope

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2004, 09:05:30 AM »
yeah restless is a sick album, had more instant appeal than last meal but got played out after bumpin it constantly for a while and last meal had replay value imo.........but both were dope albums

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2004, 12:29:46 PM »
I personally like Tha Last Meal waaaaaay better then Restless,though both are good albums. To me, Xzibit just gets annoying after a while plus he ain't the best one to flow over softer beats like 'Sorry I'm away some much','loud and clear' or 'been a long time'. And for 'Rimz & Tyres', X was quite wack and Goldie and DeFari ripped it.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..