Author Topic: Nintendo Sales Figures  (Read 204 times)

Trauma-san

Nintendo Sales Figures
« on: January 15, 2004, 12:55:45 PM »
People were hinting that Nintendo is going to be the next Sega, because they dropped the Gamecube to 99 bucks, insinuating that's what Sega did with the Sega CD, the 32X, the Dreamcast, the Saturn.  Nintendo released some sales figures yesterday, check these out.

First off, the Gamecube sold an amazing 1.1 Million units in North America, in December alone.  While PS2 sold 1.8 Million units, that's less than the PS2 sold last year... however, It's MORE than the Gamecube sold this year.  (Gamecube is trending upwards, PS2 is trending downwards).  Also, the Microsoft X Box sold 991,000 units, making it actually the third place console.  If a console was to drop out of the market, it would be the X box, not the Nintendo Gamecube.

The Gameboy Advance, the only hand-held system selling viably well, sold 8.2 million copies last year.  8.2 Million! To top it off, not only is that up 18% over last years's Gameboy Advance sales, .... It's the biggest year the Gameboy has had, in it's 14 year history.  Think about that.  They are growing with leaps and bounds.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was the Nintendo christmas release, it sold over a million copies in it's first 7 weeks out, and Nintendo saw a 63% increase in software sales over last year.  Think about that.  They made 63% more money this year than last year off of just the games for the systems.  The PS2 also increased over last years sales, but only at a rate of 23%, and the Xbox's software sales increased at a rate of 54%.

What all these numbers mean is this: Last year, if you count both the Gamecube, and the Gameboy, Nintendo sold more systems than any other manufacturer.  If you look at specifically the Gamecube, at their new price point, they're outselling the X-box.  Both the sales of the Gamecube, and the Gameboy are actually UP over last years sales of the same 2 systems, and PS2 and Xbox's sales are down from last years figures of the same systems.  Nintendo also had a higher increase in sales of software this year, than any other system.  

I don't see anything negative at all about their standing in the market.  

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Nintendo Sales Figures
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 08:21:01 PM »
yea,im sure glad i got a gamecube
mariokart kicks ass,im lovin it

gotta give props to tha big N for goin strong in tha winter

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 09:32:34 PM »
good for nintendo, it'd be weird to see them leave. But xbox ain't going anywhere either, with MS behind it, they're secure
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Jome

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 09:46:05 PM »
Of course you forgot to mention the statistics that you'd rather see left out.

PS2 total sales: 70 million ++
GameCube total sales: 10 million +
X-Box total sales: 10 million +

In 2003 November/December alone, PS2 sold aprox. 8 million worldwide, only 2 mill. less than the TOTAL sales worldwide for each GC & X-Box.

The PS2 is older than GC & XB, of course PS2 is gonna stagnate..

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 11:12:18 PM »
I didn't forget shit.  This was NINTENDO sales figures, and as I said, Nintendo is trending upwards, PS2 and Xbox are trending downwards.  Good for PS2, that they've sold that many... but the fact is, they're selling less each month, while Nintendo is selling more each month.  

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 12:05:08 AM »
sales make it official that the game cube is now number 2 with xbox close behind.....

i can't ever see nintendo stop making consoles....i know for a fact they won't stop with the game boys

with the gamecube.....sure the sales for the system itself may suck but they more than make up for it with software sales....with hits like any mario game, and zelda game and metroid among some others like eternal darkness.....that's how they make up most of thier money

sony just has it's console because it's 1st party software sucks

and xbox just has cash to spend....there was some fugure out the first year xbox was out like they lost 28 million dollars on the xbox but the rest of microsoft made 480 million

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 12:33:50 AM »
ps2 is the only one in decline tho right?

people are still buying gamecubes and xbox's..  i know people who've sold their ps2s for xbox's now..

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 08:20:25 AM »
Nope, Nintendo was the only one of the 3 that experienced positive growth... basically, all three systems' sales were up for the month of december, because of the Holiday Rush.  But 2004 sales were down from 2003 sales for PS2, and X-box, as a whole, while Nintendo's Gamecube sales were up 2004 over 2003.  

All 3 system's software sales were up 2004 over 2003, with Nintendo's up the most.  

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 09:48:46 AM »
I didn't forget shit.  This was NINTENDO sales figures, and as I said, Nintendo is trending upwards, PS2 and Xbox are trending downwards.  Good for PS2, that they've sold that many... but the fact is, they're selling less each month, while Nintendo is selling more each month.  

Its Only Right That Sales Figures For PS2 Are Going Down....Everyone Already Has one....i dont think people want to buy more than one PS2 just so that their sales figures can go up during december  :o

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 05:40:37 PM »
...And Gamecube sales are still going up, in the meanwhile.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 09:24:45 PM »
...And Gamecube sales are still going up, in the meanwhile.  

Cuz people who own XBox and PS2 want something new, and nobody gave a fuck about Gamecube when it first came out...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 10:00:22 PM »
....but Gamecube's sales are still going up.  LOL