Author Topic: Another Reason Nintendo Is God  (Read 282 times)

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Another Reason Nintendo Is God
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2004, 04:43:24 PM »
trauma, is that you in your avatar? it looks like your getiing ready for a facial cum shot...and loving it

smerlus

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2004, 10:23:46 PM »
Still, Nintendo pioneered the saving process.  Yet another reason they are God, thanks for bringing that up, yall.  Just because Sony moved the chip from the cartridge to a card, because of the inadequacy of their game's storage medium.. .what's the big thing about that?

i wouldn't call a cheaper more efficient device to store media exactly inadequate......just think...if Nintendo was really god, they could have prevented the PS from ever coming out....but what did they do instead?

they stuck with cartridges that cost $10-15 more than the playstation games AND made a memory card that was totally obsolete compared to the way sony's games formatted saves

hardly god like choices

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2004, 08:53:48 AM »
One reason why Nintendo is the God of video gaming.

Legend of Zelda: the Ocarina of Time
   Greatest game ever made, bar none

One reason why I bought an X-Box instead of GameCube this fall, although I'm still gonna buy a GameCube as soon as I get a better job

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
   Best game out today

smerlus

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 10:19:26 PM »
Biggest Surprise
Nintendo's New Philosophy
Why we were shocked: IGNcube was not only surprised in 2003 by Nintendo's new (or old) philosophy -- we were shocked. After reporting its first ever posted loss, Nintendo announced that it plans to "go back to the basics." The company's new focus is to develop software that is easily accessible for gamers of all ages and that requires no prior experience to play. To help push this simplicity concept, Nintendo also stated that it would continue to rely on established franchises and explore new connectivity features between the GameCube and Game Boy Advance to help draw in a wider audience. IGNcube was wholly surprised at this statement because this philosophy rubs completely against the current trend in the industry -- complex games are growing in popularity and have proven more successful. Nintendo has had a lackluster grip on the market, and this announcement assures that the company will continue to behave has it has instead of adapting to what gamers are looking for.

and i forgot that they let Square, Rare, either Sega sports ot EA sports (forgot which one) and hordes of other developers slip through thier fingers because of stupid announcements just like this....

BL7

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2004, 10:33:02 PM »
Biggest Surprise
Nintendo's New Philosophy
Why we were shocked: IGNcube was not only surprised in 2003 by Nintendo's new (or old) philosophy -- we were shocked. After reporting its first ever posted loss, Nintendo announced that it plans to "go back to the basics." The company's new focus is to develop software that is easily accessible for gamers of all ages and that requires no prior experience to play. To help push this simplicity concept, Nintendo also stated that it would continue to rely on established franchises and explore new connectivity features between the GameCube and Game Boy Advance to help draw in a wider audience. IGNcube was wholly surprised at this statement because this philosophy rubs completely against the current trend in the industry -- complex games are growing in popularity and have proven more successful. Nintendo has had a lackluster grip on the market, and this announcement assures that the company will continue to behave has it has instead of adapting to what gamers are looking for.

and i forgot that they let Square, Rare, either Sega sports ot EA sports (forgot which one) and hordes of other developers slip through thier fingers because of stupid announcements just like this....

Nintendo makes incredible games, but they make A LOT of stupid business decisions. Maybe they'll learn one day.