Author Topic: Alright you say 50 got weak lyrics  (Read 473 times)

Jome

Re:Alright you say 50 got weak lyrics
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 08:07:45 PM »
If anybody didn't notice by now, 50 Cent isn't about mindboggling/mindblowing lyrics or political revolution, he's about raw (braindead) gangstashit & catchy hooks.
Same goes for Snoop Dogg & 80% of Jay-Z tracks for that matter.

SGV

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 12:16:43 AM »

the current and former West Coast Rappers {Ice Cube/Mac 10/Warren G.....}
The fact that you say Cube is a wack lyricist makes me laugh. Go listen to Amerikkkas Most. That's what an emcee is about. LOL @ this clown. Release 50's balls from your teeth.

eNgIeS

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 05:53:19 AM »
Max Juice, the only juice in you is booty juice you dick sucking faggot I dont give a fuck what you say coz your about as smart & knowledgeable as Paris Hilton you bird brained idiot infected with Poof-A-Litus

JTSimon

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 10:06:37 AM »
Max Juice, the only juice in you is booty juice you dick sucking faggot I dont give a fuck what you say coz your about as smart & knowledgeable as Paris Hilton you bird brained idiot infected with Poof-A-Litus

^Would kill for Snoop  ;D

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2004, 10:45:18 AM »
when snoop came out he was the hottest lyricist of his time. now his shit sounds wack. it's a simple concept. even "the GOAT" rakim sounds wack next to people like xzibit. you can't take people from different time periods and compare them - that's like saying that the bulls of the 90's couldn't beat the lakers of today. times have changed, and the criteria of a dope mc has changed. run dmc sounds wack to me and sounds pathetic even compared to nelly - only because they are different styles from different times.  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2004, 12:20:18 PM »
when snoop came out he was the hottest lyricist of his time. now his shit sounds wack. it's a simple concept. even "the GOAT" rakim sounds wack next to people like xzibit. you can't take people from different time periods and compare them - that's like saying that the bulls of the 90's couldn't beat the lakers of today. times have changed, and the criteria of a dope mc has changed. run dmc sounds wack to me and sounds pathetic even compared to nelly - only because they are different styles from different times.  

that's pretty much on point, in a way it's like special effects in movies or cell phones. If RUN-DMC came out today they'd be wack, but knowin it was 1984 i can listen to their first album and still think it's dope. Still I think the criteria aint changin rapidly (maybe not anymore)...'94's Nas or Big L definitely sound doper than '04's 50 Cent or Chingy (or came stronger lyrically respectively)

And as for Snoop when he came out he was a tight rapper, but lyrically artists like Organized Konfusion or Nas who came out more or less around the same time or at least not much later were definitely alot better

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2004, 01:52:46 PM »
whoever said cube is wack made a very uneducated comment...that's all i'ma say about that...
as for snoop being wack...i wouldn't say he's wack but i wouldn't say he's consistant either...there are times when i hear snoop like on "the one and only" when i think damn if he only came like that all the time he could be considered among the elite at all times...but he releases too much filler, that's my opinion...
as for 50 cent, he isn't dope lyrically, but once in awhile he'll say some tight shit, but not very often...but he is very catchy, and also appeals to the ladies which helps him sell a crazy amoun of records which will keep him on minds until his lime has passed...
chingy and nelly, i really can't stand either, but if i were to have to choose between the two i would pick nelly, because he doesn't seem like a total carbon-copy...chingy is so unoriginal, if right thurr was written by nelly or one of the st-lunatics it would make alot more sense to me...

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2004, 01:56:27 PM »
Yet 90% of you all are die-hard Snoop Dogg fans/dickryders.

How does that work? Snoop Dogg is worst lyricist around along with most of

kweli is  amazing

I hate Snoop, and I think Warren's pretty wack, but Cube & Mack 10 are both good lyricists (not like Kweli but still good). They blow 50 away in every category.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2004, 01:56:52 PM »
Yet 90% of you all are die-hard Snoop Dogg fans/dickryders.

How does that work? Snoop Dogg is worst lyricist around along with most of

kweli is  amazing

I hate Snoop, and I think Warren's pretty wack, but Cube & Mack 10 are both good lyricists (not like Kweli but still good). They blow 50 away in every category.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2004, 02:16:08 PM »

The criteria does change yes as you said, but still what Nelly/50 Cent etc do now is worse than what was done before no matter how far back you go. Run DMC was all about the chemistry between the two emcees, and even then tracks such as Sucker MCs blow away Nelly lyrically. The fact that the "times are changing" shouldn't be an excuse for every time a rapper releases a song which is worse than their old material. If you made dope tracks that sounded like you used to then that would be the sound of the times now.

And Rakim doesn't sound wack compared to Xzibit at all. As much as I like Xzibit, there is no way that he is above Rakim lyrically. The whole subtlety of Rakim's flow sometimes makes him seem less lyrical than he actually is, just because it sounds so smooth when he raps it. Lyrically I would take Rakim over Xzibit anyday.

JTSimon

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2004, 03:42:56 PM »

The fact that you say Cube is a wack lyricist makes me laugh. Go listen to Amerikkkas Most. That's what an emcee is about. LOL @ this clown. Release 50's balls from your teeth.

Whatever you say...Ice Cube should just make movies full-time.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2004, 05:07:03 PM »

Holy shit, calm down kid. Don't get your panties twisted over Snoop, it ain't worth it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris