Lifestyle > Train of Thought

What Do Y'all Think Of Aithiests?

(1/5) > >>

Suga Foot:
I know a lot of you are real heavy into religion, so what I wanna know is do you think it's wrong to be aithiest?  do yo think aithiests have something missing in their life?  

infinite59:

--- Quote ---I know a lot of you are real heavy into religion, so what I wanna know is do you think it's wrong to be aithiest?  do yo think aithiests have something missing in their life?  
--- End quote ---

What you live for is what you worship.  Without being fully aware of it, all atheists worship and believe in something.  Whether that be a women, child or family member putting meaning in their life, or working hard so you can make enough scrilla to support your drug or alchohol problem.  Some people love to eat, even live to eat, consume, they love money.  Or maybe you claim elligence to a sports team, job, or country, maybe you are a soldier, the army could be considered a cult or religion.

Everybody believes in something.  Everybody is living for something.  When I was an atheist I was really worshipping women.  They were the reason for most of what I did and accomplished.  And when they failed me I was left with nothing, and I wanted to go out and kill the bitch.

Trauma-san:
First off, i hope I don't piss anybody off.  We're all brothers, and all equal in god's eyes.  Some people may look at religion differently, but that doesn't make them a better person, it just means that there's something about them that makes religion and the idea of god more appealing to them.

With that said, I think this: I believe that most Athiests have a problem with pride.  They don't want to admit that something is bigger than them in the universe.  I know, because I was the same way for a while.  I wanted to act like I was too smart to believe in god, and to blow my own horn, im' a very intelligent person.  I skipped a grade in school, i've got a photographic memory, My hand eye coordination is unbelievable, my visual perception skills on any test were always perfect, 100 out of 100.  But I realized slowly that while I was really good in some things, I sucked at other things.  I wasn't as strong as everybody else, but I could run faster.  I was really smart, and never needed to study, but my handwriting was horrible.  

So, then, I started thinking about it, and realized on the grand scale of things, I wasn't anywhere near as smart as I thought I was.  So I always kind of thought something better was out there, something bigger than me.  The bible, while the stories seemed obviously false, spiritually inside of me felt like it was true, at least the lessons learned from it, so basically ,through logic, I proved god's existance to myself.  Jesus I had to pray about, and I had a strong overwhelming sense of peace that showed me that it was all true, etc. Same thing with becoming a latter day saint, all the other churches didn't logically make much sense to me, but this one did, and brought a peace about me.  

So, basically, I think athiests have either been chased away from god, or they think they're too smart to fall for a 'trick' like that.  

Joachim:
My brother is an atheist, he believes God was created by man (way back when) too explain things that man could not, if you get me. I have no problem with his beliefs, and having known him all my life, he has no mental or physical problems, its just he doesnt believe in God.

I agree with many of his views on religion, he is the coolest person ive ever known, i wish i had more of his attributes...

4 KiN L:
Put it this way, i am an athiest, and for good reason. All my dads side of the family are aithiest, but let that bother any of u. I have took time to review both sides of a story, and i have come to believe that what an aithiest person says agrees more to the world than a religious point of view.

now don't go hating, cos i respect the fact that religious ppl feel the exact opposite, and that god and things agrees more to the way the world is.

and trauma u r very rong, thats just the kids who like to call themselves an aithiest who have a problem with the fact that sumthing betta than them made them, sum1 tru, like my uncle for example just doesn't agree with that kind of thing, and has his reasons, same as sum1 religious has their reasons to believe in god.

the way to think about this is: respect what other ppl believe. if a religious person wants to believe what they believe i have no problem with that, as long as they have no problem with what i believe.

just like trauma isn't doin, he wants us to respect what he's saying, but can't respect what an athiest is saying, thats wrong. if u think u have a valid opinion, thats ok, but respect the fact that other ppl have the right to their opinions too...

i don't want no beef over this...that's all...peace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version