Author Topic: Who copped the new Kanye today?  (Read 459 times)

Doggystylin

Re:Who copped the new Kanye today?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 07:30:36 PM »
i copped my today for $9.99
this cd is one of the best debut cds ever and yeah its up there by doggystyle, if it wasnt 4 the skits that shit would be classic

serious? Doggystyle is beyond classic though. u sure its not just a solid debut?

well, i think its a amazing debut but not classic, definitley worth copping and will probably contend for album of the year but i wouldnt say its up there with doggystyle.

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 07:31:40 PM »
i coped that and the new pitch black

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 07:44:31 PM »
damn, why he had to throw in them dumb skits, he could have replaced that with a couple more hot as songs, and it would be a classic, i think its def not close to doggy style which is a clear 5/5, this is no more than 4.5, probly 4.25

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 09:15:45 PM »
it ain't all that 2 me........

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

JTSimon

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 11:25:09 PM »
Is Kanye West playing down the importance of a college degree because his bum ass couldn't graduate?

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 01:17:13 AM »
I ordered it and I should get it next week since it said the release date was the 18th.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 07:33:14 PM »
me n the homie ditched last period and hit up best buy and copped that shit, da homie copped denzel's Out Of Time too, im watchin that shit tonight, but anyways, kanye has the album of the year so far until somethin tighter comes along.

Of course it has album of the year...Its only Mid-February...still have a lil over 10months left in the year...Also downloaded the advanced copy of this back in december...they both are very different...

JTSimon

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 07:37:08 PM »
http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/west_kanye/artist.jhtml
Advance Warning Interview^^^

----

NEW YORK — With downloads, bootlegs and early College Dropout sales as evidence, Kanye West is already making his mark as an MC. But as 50 Cent taught us last year, a true superstar has to prove himself on the stage as well as on the mic.

Tuesday night, the same day his debut hit shelves, West celebrated with an album-release party and concert at Webster Hall.

Announced at least three times before the show started, the rapper/producer took the stage following some backstage confusion. A man dressed in a chauffeur's uniform emerged with two racks of Louis Vuitton luggage, and women dressed in African garments sprinkled rose petals on the stage. West walked out as Jay-Z's "Takeover" played, called for "silence" and the dancing came to a halt.

"Did I tell you to move?" he asked the women. Ludacris' "Stand Up" came over the speakers and West joined in on the chorus: "When I move, you move, just like that ..."

After the dancers' departure, hip-hop violinist Miri Bin Ari joined Kanye for "Two Words," with West rapping, "Most imitated, Grammy nominated, hotel accommodated, cheerleader prom-dated/ Barbershop playa hated, mom and pop bootlegged it/ Felt like it rained till the roof caved in/ Two words, Chi-Town, raised me crazy."

Mos Def, featured on the song's first verse, walked out and held his arms in the air to yells from the crowd. Mos took the mic and apologized for his tardiness. "I'm late but I'm on time," he said.

"Two words, United States, no love, no brakes," Mos rhymed. "Low brow, high stakes, crack smoke, black folks/ Big Macs, fat folks, ecstasy capsules/ Presidential scandals, everybody move!"

After going into a freestyle about baby mamas who take advantage of baby papas, West brought on Common for "Get 'Em High." Reminding everyone of his success as a producer, West played snippets of hits like Alicia Keys' "You Don't Know My Name" and Jay-Z's "Encore." Kanye's mascot, Dropout Bear, came onstage and danced while Jigga's "Lucifer" played. As the song drew to a close, Dropout removed his head and costume to reveal comedian Dave Chappelle.

West followed up with "Slow Jamz," his biggest song to date. Without Twista or Jamie Foxx for assistance, Kanye went to the DJ booth and enlisted audience participation. "She got a light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson," the crowd sang as Kanye pushed a button to mute the song. "She got a dark-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson."

GLC and Consequence joined the Chicago native for "Spaceship" and had everyone's head bobbing during the intense Christian plea "Jesus Walks." The crowd gave West his biggest pop during "Through the Wire." John Legend, another West artist, set the song up with a snippet of Chaka Khan's "Through the Fire."

"I drink a Boost for breakfast and Ensure for dizzurt," West rapped. Seconds later, Dame Dash and other members of the Roc were onstage with him. "Somebody ordered pancakes, I just sip the sizzurp," he continued.

Kanye declared himself unable to leave after this would-be finale. He performed verses from "Champions" and "School Spirit" before closing out with a second performance of "Slow Jamz."

For more sights and stories from concerts around the country, check out MTV News Tour Reports.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 08:16:41 PM by Max Powers »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 08:02:17 PM »
^^^^ shit sounds amazing, wish i was there, lol at dave chappele being the mascot, im guessing hes great freidns with a lot of rappers, like mos  def, talib, roots, kanye....

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 08:42:34 PM »
i feel bad for downloading, im probly gopnan buyt it, its an amng album, but i hate the skits, it makes it seem like a joke, the songs are so good tho, been playing the shit out of the whole fuckin cd

yeah, usually if i download cds and if im feelin it then im coppin it, if not then i just leave it on my computer, i usually dont burn a full cd, but man, i copped the kanye album for 9.99, i mean what is 10 bucks out of your pocket for a cd that you really like? i think its worth it.

You THINK it's worth it? If someone can't spend 10-15 bucks on a CD then they cheap as fuck. Afterall, that's the artist's livelyhood.

Don't they make as much or more cash off concerts and appearences.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

We Fly High

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 10:16:26 PM »
dude thats going to be hilarious if dave chappele shows up for this show. damn. tomororw night in anaheim. i cant believe twista wasnt there. that kinda sucks. but damn mos and common and davechappele and glc and consequence  are definitely cool by me. i woulda paid good money to watch that show.

West C. Connected

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 12:36:28 PM »
Is Kanye West playing down the importance of a college degree because his bum ass couldn't graduate?

Noooothin' wrong with college dropouts.

<-- Probaly ending up Kanye West #2: Highschool Dropout.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 07:52:31 PM »
Got it today. Solid, refreshing album.