Author Topic: Just got back from PR & CL Live  (Read 101 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Just got back from PR & CL Live
« on: February 25, 2004, 04:54:12 PM »
That shit was off the hook. They played everything that I could have ever wanted them to (only one verse of Creator though >:(), including a few new tracks that all sounded dope. Of course they finished with TROY which was definitely the highlight of the night, with CL Smooth inmitating his voice being scratched half way through the first verse and the song starting over. CL Smooth sounds almost perfect live, and Pete chipped in with a few of his verses, although he spent most of the concert as the DJ. Definitely worth the money.

At the end of the show CL left, but Pete stayed on for another ten minutes or so playing some other tracks from Soul Survivor 2, including a track feat Talib Kweli which sounded off the chain, and the track with GZA and RZA which was played on Westwood. From what I heard of the album tonight its gonna be a must buy when it comes out on the 11th May (damn, can I really wait that long?), and he said he would also feature Pharoahe Monch and Little Brother.

Even the DJ that was on before PR & CL came out was dope, playing loads of old school soul and funk which had been sampled in hiphop songs, making everyone sit there thinking "which song sampled that?".

Overall a perfect night.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Just got back from PR & CL Live
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 07:29:15 PM »
Sounds like a good time. Wish they'd swing by here.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 08:37:10 PM »
They were in Toronto on February 14 but I couldn't make.  I should have dumped my GF for that show.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 12:38:19 PM »
They were in Toronto on February 14 but I couldn't make.  I should have dumped my GF for that show.

They were?? Damnit all, I had that night off work too.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 12:42:20 PM »
yeah that sounds tight. i'd definitely go to see em if i had the opportunity