Author Topic: does anyone else hate it when cee lo....  (Read 74 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
does anyone else hate it when cee lo....
« on: March 02, 2004, 01:38:27 PM »
acts hard? don't get me wrong, he sounds dope on those old goodie tracks, but i'm gettin a bit sick of him puttin out hard tracks. it's gettin a bit old. like the one with ludacris. it's alright, but i wish cee lo would stick to the socially concious stuff. like talib and common. a lot of people didn't like when common went soft with that electic circus business, but i thought it made him harder. i just wanna hear a full cee lo album where he's not actin hard and shit.....i think he could be a GREAT musician if he just strayed from that hard shit for one full album and released an album with songs about life and love and struggle and had people like talib and common and dungeon fam on his album....

the first few times i listened to soul machine, i thought it was pretty hot, but the hard tracks disappointed me. like, lo, you're gettin old now, put down the childish shit and do more tracks like: living again, all day love affair, sometimes, country love, one for the road, spend the night in your mind, gettin grown, basehead jazz....

i guess i'm just getting sick of that 'crunk dirty south shit' and figure cee lo is just the person to stray from it just far enough to make it sound absolutely perfect.....

im just hoping cee lo will have an album that features no other rappers (unless talib or mos or common...etc.) and showcases his amazing musical range without the played out rap tracks...

Don Breezio

Re:does anyone else hate it when cee lo....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 01:53:14 PM »
i agree...i didnt like the ludacris track either and i'd love an album full of stuff like G.O.D. (Gaining Ones Definition)...but i doubt it'll ever happen. soul machine was pretty close though...most of it was the more socially conscious stuff.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re:does anyone else hate it when cee lo....
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 02:07:01 PM »
i agree...i didnt like the ludacris track either and i'd love an album full of stuff like G.O.D. (Gaining Ones Definition)...but i doubt it'll ever happen. soul machine was pretty close though...most of it was the more socially conscious stuff.

yeah, an album full of GOD's would have been tha shit....his first album was much more of the socially concious stuff, i guess i was just expecting that from him this time around but it didn't happen and i was a bit disappointed...