Author Topic: Kanye - Never Let Me Down (jay-z question)  (Read 283 times)

Don Breezio

Kanye - Never Let Me Down (jay-z question)
« on: February 24, 2004, 04:33:53 PM »
did anyone notice one of the lyrics jay-z says in that song is something to the effect of "i got 9 platinum albums and theres still more coming"?

i dotn remember the exact lyric but thats basically what it stated...and the black album theory was alive long before kanye even started recording the album wasnt it?

so then is jay comin back?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Kanye - Never Let Me Down (jay-z question)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 04:59:32 PM »
u never know, i think this was recorded a wile back, wasnt this on the advance, meaning it was recorded about the same time kanye got signed to rocafella... i dunno, i think he will drop another album

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 05:27:46 PM »
jay-z might have retired, what if he releases an album as "shawn carter" or whatever his name is .. ?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:14:56 PM »
jay-z might have retired, what if he releases an album as "shawn carter" or whatever his name is .. ?

yeah thats a very good point...he could always come back as Jigga for all we know. or Hova...or Sean

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 08:19:37 PM »
naw jay z is done

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 09:17:51 PM »
If he comes back under another name I'll llose respect for him, If he truly is "the best rapper alive" as he's said so many times then why wold he need to return under another name to drop another album?  It should be about music, not publicity stunts.  Jay, Sean, Hova, Young, whatever he's done!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 06:25:42 PM »
I think he is done making albums, he will only be featured on tracks...The album version of this song kinda sounds like Jay-Z was using a synthesizer for his voice or something, its kinda raspyish/echoish...

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 11:30:09 PM »
If he comes back under another name I'll llose respect for him, If he truly is "the best rapper alive" as he's said so many times then why wold he need to return under another name to drop another album?  It should be about music, not publicity stunts.  Jay, Sean, Hova, Young, whatever he's done!

hmmm...kinda funny that jay-z gets responses like this but everyone thought pac was a genius when he dropped 2pac and came out as makaveli  ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 05:08:13 PM »

hmmm...kinda funny that jay-z gets responses like this but everyone thought pac was a genius when he dropped 2pac and came out as makaveli  ::)

2Pac never claimed to be retiring...

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 09:25:11 PM »

no but his point was you shouldnt have to drop an album under another name just for sales and yet 2pac did that. and he officially had tried to change his name. if you read the small print in the cd cover it says "Exit: 2pac, Enter: Makaveli"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 11:52:49 PM »

no but his point was you shouldnt have to drop an album under another name just for sales and yet 2pac did that. and he officially had tried to change his name. if you read the small print in the cd cover it says "Exit: 2pac, Enter: Makaveli"

That wasn't for sales...He just wanted to change his name...PeACe
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:53:31 PM by MC Sccit »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 09:24:47 AM »

man I gotta admit that when I read this I thought exactly bout the same shit...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 09:40:43 AM »
I don't want him to come back either...and i guess he ain't about to

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 12:43:12 PM »
im pissed that the first jayz verse was the same from the hovi baby remix that is on dysfunktional family soundtrack, im glad he came thru and spit a new verse! the 9th wonder is comin!