Author Topic: The Game's album....  (Read 374 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
The Game's album....
« on: March 01, 2004, 04:14:08 PM »
I got some ?s for y'all.....

1. Do you think the album will be as good as 50's, or better or worst? Even those who hate 50 can't say his album wasn't good.

2. Do you think he will in any way make people more interested in the west coast? Or will people like him because he sounds NY and is with G-Unit, but still not care about the west coast?

3. Do you think he has the skill to make a good album, or is he a strictly mixtape/punchline rapper who can't make songs on other topics?

4. Overall, what is your take on him? Do you think he is the future? Do you wish Crooked I, Ras Kass, Sly Boogy, or anyone else is a better rapper and they deserve to be in his spot? Do you think he is good, but even though there are better rappers from the west, you are just happy a good one is comin out?

Suga Foot

Re:The Game's album....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:50:18 PM »
1. Do you think the album will be as good as 50's, or better or worst? Even those who hate 50 can't say his album wasn't good.

Overseer's gonna shit on you for that one, lol.

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 05:33:56 PM »
he's cool, hey he got his spot by putting in work,and getting it into the right hands,and i can't say on that 2nd question,because i think folks out here is gonna support him cause he's from out here and has the chance to blow up,and that the east coast cats will checc him out cause he roll with g-unit and also since he has an east coast style,he will be more easily acceptible to them, and as far as mix tape rapper nah,even tho he come's with the punchlines,he doesn't come off just as that type of rapper to me,he seems like he can do more then just that,but as far as the future of rap,nah,i think alot of cats is the future,and let's face it,to be on top of the game you have to have a personality that more then just "hip hop and rap" fans like yell
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 08:44:34 PM »
1. Much worse, Game is not on Jackson's level
2. Probly not, if anybody can itll be Thug Lordz, Bad Azz, SLy or Quik
3. Still has yet to be seen, I've only heard mix tape songs, and judging by his disses ( the only songs he does with topics ), i dont think itll be anything groundbreaking.
4. I'm just happy that anybody not named snoop or dre is getting love frum the media.

Game is a GOOD rapper, but he does not deserve all the dick-riding and e/c niggas saying that Games the best from the west. Niggas like The Ghetto Starz, Relativez & Suga Free would all rip Game to shreads and they deserve to be on that spot that Game has.

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 06:35:01 AM »
WTF IS THERE ACTUALLY "HIP HOP HEADS" THAT SERIOUSE THINKS DAT 50 CENT IS DOPE? HAHAHAH THAT CANT BE TRUE? LMAO

Smoke

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 06:44:29 AM »
1. I didnt like 50's album at all, but yea, some tracks were hot. Anyway i'll not judge on Tha Game's album till i'll listen to it. I aint really anticipating it tho'.

2. IMO he doesnt repp the West. There are tons of rappers who repps the WC more than him. The fact that he wears an NWA medallion doesnt mean a thing, for me. It means what you are really doing for the WC, for other cats of the WC, etc.. Ppl like C-BO, or Spice 1, reps the WC 10x more than Tha Game. Plus, like you said, he's working with G-Unit, and he even sounds like a NY rapper.

3. We will see. If i have to give you an answer right now, i doubt he can make a classic album with just his skills, cause i dont really like his tracks done till now. But we will see.

4. Tha Game might be ok or very good for somebody. I aint tripping. But i dont like his flow, i dont like his rhymes, i dont like his style. I could name you a pair of dozen of rappers i prefeer more, and who deserves that spot, IMO. But i aint tripping, he's had a chance, he's using it. I'll continue to listen to the rappers i like (no matter if Dre is producing them or not) and, if Tha Game's album will be good, i'll cop it.

PotHead

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 07:10:15 AM »
Games album is gonna be hot

Games mixtape shit is better than anything on 50s trash album so of course its gonna be better

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 07:33:28 AM »
WTF IS THERE ACTUALLY "HIP HOP HEADS" THAT SERIOUSE THINKS DAT 50 CENT IS DOPE? HAHAHAH THAT CANT BE TRUE? LMAO

Well I donno about the hip hop hard heads who are critical of everything, but even some of them were feelin his album, even if they don't like him. I think he's strait, nothin good or bad, but his album is tite. 95% of everybody who likes rap probably liked in the club

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 08:54:20 AM »
1. I think his album will be similar to 50's, except for the fact that there won't be many party tracks on it (50 had In Da Club, If I Can't, P.I.M.P., etc...). My expectations are that he's gonna come more hardcore than 50 on his album.

2. I hope he'll get people more interested in the West Coast (I think it would help if he puts a few Cali artists on his album [only a few]). But I'm not sure if it will be like that...And yes, I think the reason why some persons already like him is because he's riding with G-Unit.

3. I don't think he's an artist who can only make mixtape-tracks...I'm not 100% sure, but I think he has the potential to make a good full-album.

4. Do I think if he's the future of West Coast rap? Let's just put it like this: I think he'll get people interested in West Coast rap, so he'll be more of a door that leads to all the other West Coast artists. By being signed to one Hip-Hop's most powerful labels certainly gives you attention, so once cats noticed him, hopefully they'll start checking out some other West Coast artists.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 10:03:15 AM »
Also just for conversation, here is how things go...somebody at my college in Florida is from L.A/Gardena just like me. He knew about the game now because he is with G-Unit, and he heard some of his songs from a mixtape and he was all happy like "the west finally got somebody tite, he is gonna blow up" and all this. I was like "yeah he strait...but have u ever heard crooked i?" he was like umm i have heard of him but I donno who he is. I asked him if he had heard this song, that song, etc, and he was like "um maybe, I don't remember" so I was like man he shits on the game, he got better everything and he has a west coast flow and is just tite as hell. He was like oh for real....so I played him the freestyle over grindin that he did with sway and tech....he was in shock. "What?!?? Man he's waay better than the game! He should be on aftermath!"

So basically, just as we always say, promotion is everything, because people who have the most skill usually don't get the chance to shine. I am not takin anything away from the game or hatin on him, but it's just reality. But at the same time, do some of these talented rappers not deserve the promotion, or are they not willing to conform enough to get it?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 10:27:45 AM »
Oh they definitely deserve the promotion but I think the industry is simply about being lucky. Game landed a deal at Aftermath...it could've been Crooked I too if he didn't sign to Tha Row a few years ago.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 10:27:50 AM »
IT WILL NOT COME OUT.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 12:04:05 PM »
if it drops, i think it'l be dope, dre is overseein the album and the producers will hook him up with sick beats and even with his east style, his still reppin west and with dre to, he'l def help giv the west some mo exposure if he gets big...........i jus hope the album drops

peace