Author Topic: Conway "Nutcracker" Correction  (Read 155 times)

Tha Crip

Conway "Nutcracker" Correction
« on: March 02, 2004, 11:26:22 PM »
Conway Correction / New Song Up

The new "Nutcracka" song by Conway which we posted the other day was actually produced by J.R. - based out of L.A., and not Dre. But J.R. and Conway are working with Dre and Denaun Porter (Kon Artis) these days in L.A. thats why radio stations labeled them as Dre productions to get more attention (which seemed to work). Anyway, here is the other Conway track called "Struggle" also produced by J.R., another heatrock right there. Thanks to Alon for the correction and sorry about the mix up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
just got dis off westcoast2k.net.....the beat had me fooled
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re:Conway "Nutcracker" Correction
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 11:32:14 PM »
for some reason i was doubting it was dre too, most newcomers who work with dre mention dres name 50 times in the beat he produced for them. but the beat did sound like a dre beat lol

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 11:48:52 PM »
yeah the beat did have a a dre ring to it somewhat...then i heard the struggle beat a day or two ago and it had a similar sound but definitely wasnt dre...so it makes since.

BL7

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 11:58:15 PM »
The beat was garbage, regardless. Props to westcoast2k for making the correction.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 11:59:22 PM by Bender »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 12:13:54 AM »
Watch 10 people reply talkin about the beat was garbage because they find out it wasn't Dre...or they either like it because they expected it to be a lot better since it was a Dre beat.

I think it was interesting, kinda creative, I just think the chorus was tooo corny. It sounded like Rick rock sorta, because it reminded me a lot of  symphony in x minor.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 04:29:03 AM »
Watch 10 people reply talkin about the beat was garbage because they find out it wasn't Dre...or they either like it because they expected it to be a lot better since it was a Dre beat.

LoL exactly... and watch everyone go "I knew Dre wouldnt work with this no name". But it would be wrong to say that since Conway just completed 2 tracks with Dre. And you you can tell that the producer J.R. was in the studio with Dre cause the tracks do kinda sound like Dre's shit. But check out the 2nd track that I posted called "Struggle", that shit is dope nonetheless

« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 04:31:48 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 09:50:23 AM »
The beat had me fooled.  It's probably one of the best "Dre Like" beats I've heard.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 01:05:02 PM »
Well, I feel better now.  It DOES sound like a Dre beat, but it sounds like A Dre beat from 5 years ago.  Good to hear it wasn't his newest stuff out, lol.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 01:20:27 PM »
yo i finally heard this, its aiight imo, conways  2nd verse is fire.......it reminded me alot of fredwrecks beat for wsc