Author Topic: Mafia Game  (Read 233 times)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
Mafia Game
« on: March 07, 2004, 04:49:10 PM »
I think we should get a mafia game going up at this forum. Im playing in one at another forum and its pretty stressful. I was almost wacked last night lol..

Its hard to explain so go read about it.. Tell me what u think.

http://www.aseclub.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24532

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Mafia Game
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 04:59:20 PM »
cant go to that forum, copy and paste or explain it yourself, DO IT!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 05:04:17 PM »
Here is how the game is played, I'll post it now so you guys can have more time to ask me questions.

Game overview
Panic has stuck ASEC. A body has turned up, and everyone knows there is a mafia presence in town. A letter is left at the scene of the murder - it indicates one person will be executed every night until the Mafia's demands are met. Of course, we are unwilling or unable to cave to the Mafia demands and will, instead, try to seek out and execute the four townspeople who are secretly members of the Mafia.

The game starts one morning. The body of Beth, the town's former Special Prosecutor, has turned up, whacked by the mob. ASEC convenes to discuss the matter (publicly and privately) and put on a daily trial. Every day they will vote to execute one player who they have decided is the most likely member of the Mafia. At execution time that player's true nature will be revealed, and as day passes into night, the Mafia will claim another victim, which will in turn cause another trial the next day. This series of days and nights repeats until either all mafia members, or all upright citizens, are dead.

Start of game:
I, as referee, will send everyone on this list a PM indicating their 'role'. Your role is to be kept secret from all other players (though through discussions you may reveal who you are, you're probably more likely to lie - people who reveal significant roles tend to die fast). The list of all possible starting roles are as follows:

1 - Mafia Boss (Mafia). Gets 8 votes on any Mafia Contract. Will be told who other Mafia members are.
1 - Mafia Executive (Mafia). Gets 4 votes on any Mafia Contract. Will be told who other Mafia members are.
1 - Mafia Grunt (Mafia). Gets 3 votes on any Mafia Contract. Will be told who other Mafia members are.
1 - Mafia Scrub (Mafia). Gets 3 votes on any Mafia Contract. Will be told who other Mafia members are.
1 - Informant (Citizen). Every night asks referee to respond with one player's role. Referee tells Informant exactly what role the asked-about player has.
1 - Bodyguard (Citizen). Every night secretly designates one person who cannot be whacked that night. Cannot name self and cannot name same player on consecutive nights. If the mafia attempts to whack the protected player, nobody dies that night (though the identity of the protected player is not announced).
1 - Lawyer (Citizen). Every night secretly designates one person who cannot be executed the next day. Cannot name self and cannot name same player on consecutive nights. If the townspeople vote to execute the protected player, nobody is executed that day (though the identity of the protected player is not announced).
1 - Secret Arbitrator (Citizen). Breaks tied conviction votes, if the Special Prosecutor is dead or impeached. (see Special Prosecutor, below). Also breaks ties in vote for a new Special Prosecutor.
14 - Ordinary Citizens. Simple townsfolk hoping to stay alive.

There is one additional role that is not assigned from the start of the game: special prosecutor. The town elects a townsperson to be their 'special prosecutor', who gets one additional vote at a trial, as well as the right to break a tie vote. However, if the special prosecutor is in office for two consecutive innocent convictions he/she is 'impeached' and a vote for a new special prosecutor will be held the following night. The special prosecutor can be ANYONE. One could be both Special Prosecutor and Mafia Member, or both Special Prosecutor and Informant, for instance.

Daily Procedure

Each real-world weekday will be either one 'day phase' or one 'night phase'. The first day of the game is a day phase.

Day.
On a 'day' phase, the majority of the day is spent talking - either publicly in this thread, or privately via PM's - this is where all the negotiating, deducing, lying, and general mindfucks take place. Remember, you're trying to stay alive, no matter what your role - say anything that'll keep you alive. But by 6 am EST (so if you dont wake up early send it in the night before), all ASEC members (Citizens of any type, and Mafia members) PM me a vote on who you vote to execute. All members get 1 vote except the Special Prosecutor (if alive), who gets two. If there is a tie and the Special Prosecutor is alive, he/she breaks the tie; if the Special Prosecutor is dead, the Secret Arbitrator breaks the tie. If the Secret Arbitrator is also dead, the tie is broken by the next living person in alphabetical order from the Secret Arbitrator.

Anyone who does not send me a vote will be assumed to have cast a vote for himself/herself to be executed.

End of Day:
Whoever gets more votes than any other is executed. If the chosen convict is under protection from the Lawyer, nobody is executed and votes are not revealed. Otherwise, the final voting tallies are announced (but not who cast them, just the pure numbers!), the role of the executed player is announced, and the day phase ends. If the executed was non-mafia, and the Special Prosecutor was in office for the previous execution, and that execution was also non-mafia, the Special Prosecutor is impeached. I will make this post at about NOON EST every other day (only because the other day I'll be posting results of night phase) once the game starts.

Night.
On a night phase, there is little to no public talking (you can if you want to, but there's generally little point). The mafia members should talk privately amongst themselves to discuss the best candidate for that night's murder. By 10 AM EST, I should recieve the following PM's:

Each surviving Mafia member should PM me who he/she votes to murder.
The Informant PMs me the name of the person whose role they wish to be told.
The Bodyguard PMs me the name of the person who is protected from whacking that night.
The Lawyer PMs me the name of the person who is protected from trial execution the following day.

If the office of the Special Prosecutor is currently vacant, all ASEC members also cast a vote for the new Special Prosecutor.

End of Night:
The Mafia victim is revealed, and the role of that victim is also revealed. If the chosen victim is under protection from the Bodyguard, simply "Nobody died last night" is announced instead.
If the Informant survived, the Informant is sent a PM detailing the exact role of the townsperson he/she asked about.
If there was a vote for a new Special Prosecutor, the name of the new Special Prosecutor is announced. I will make this post at about NOON EST time every other day (only because the other day I'll be posting results of a day phase) once the game starts.

----

Here is the tentative schedule:

Wednesday Night: get roles

Thursday: The game begins. Get as much info as possible and be careful who you trust and share your info with

Friday: Do same as Thursday

Friday Night: (unless you wake up early Saturday) PM me your vote for the guy you want to execute (if your citizen you vote for who you think is in the mafia, if your mafia you vote for citizens, unless you want a fellow mafia memeber to be killed) and also send in your vote for who you want to be the Special Prosecutor

Saturday: I will announce who was executed in the trial (at about Noon EST). At night (or Sunday morning) those of you that have a role for the night (mafia, bodygaurd, informant, and lawyer) send me your stuff

Sunday: I will annonce who is killed (if anyone) and that night send me PMs on who you want to execute

Monday: Same as Friday

Tuesday: Same as Saturday
Thursday: Same as Friday

Friday: Same as Saturday

So on and so forth until the end of the game.

Your first votes will be due by 6:00 A.M. EST Saturday, so please get them into me before that time. If you're not a morning person, then send them in late Friday night. Take your time though and try and make your vote count. Cool? Without further delay, on with the game!

Roles will be sent out as I draw them, either tonight or early tomorrow.

I need AIM names from the following... 1996i4DOHC, Jo$h, and D-57.

AGAIN!!! The most IMPORTANT RULE!! NO talking after you are dead about the game... that means PM, IM, anything.... no crews, no dead people threads!!!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 11:09:06 PM »
remember what happened the last time we had a board activity...like when we all were supposed to be serial killers...then cartoon characters....fuckers were still serial killers till 4 months later.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 12:27:52 AM »
yeah, thats all this forum needs, is more people tryna act like gangstas.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 12:38:12 AM »
lol!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 10:25:07 AM »
yeah, thats all this forum needs, is more people tryna act like gangstas.

Hahahaha! ;D

Montana00

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 12:59:05 PM »
Act?

I am a fucking gang-sta  ???

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 01:41:28 PM »
Act?

I am a fucking gang-sta  ???

yeah, and I'm Hugh Heffner.

pappy

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 02:59:45 PM »
im 2 lazy to read that whole thing but do i win automatically

Montana00

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 03:44:12 PM »
ha yea.i didnt read it either. someone sum it up for me.

is it cool or lame?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 05:51:19 PM »
lol, i dint read everyhting, but ill play...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 03:11:46 AM »
Could be a laugh  ;D

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 11:53:58 AM »