Author Topic: Does The West Coast Hate Biggie ?  (Read 572 times)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Does The West Coast Hate Biggie ?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2004, 08:04:51 PM »
I'm in the West and I don't dislike biggie at all. I have Ready to Die on cd. Do I think he's the best ever? Well he's in my top 20 so that makes him pretty damn good...
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

We Fly High

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2004, 08:41:56 PM »
hes sick as fuck. good flow. love smokin to "ready to die" and who can forget the G funk DA B SIDE..that shit was hot.... this just reminds me of the track "i love dough" with jay z on life after death, which is sooo sick, it often gets overlooked, but i think its prob one of the top 3 tracks on the album.

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2004, 09:11:38 PM »
opinions are like assholes, everyone has one

..and they all stink
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Don Breezio

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2004, 11:21:28 PM »
i'd be willing to bet most of the people on here saying they didnt like biggie are the same people who would say pac is the greatest of all time.

biggie was dope, pac was dope...neither were the goat.

nope. I aint feelin Biggie and I think Eazy is the greatest.

i said most

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2004, 12:09:21 AM »
Put Your Hands In The Air If Youz A True Playa Man that song has westcoast written all over it. He Stole Pacs concept so considering "Ready 2 Die" a classic ? Possibly, but considering the man who's name was on the release - hmmm I don't think so. That's like me building a car from designs and measurements I've stole of a friend and giving him no credit or money.

How did he steal Pac's concept? Don't give me the story about Pac having to change Me Against The World becuase Biggie heard it and then made his album in the same vein. And looking at it that Biggie song you mentioned was actually more west coast sounding than anything Pac had done up til that time.

Well 2Pac worked with Warren in 94, and the stuff he did with Stretch (that Stretch produced) prior to 94 was West Coast.

Yeah that is true, I'll give you that one. But you still wrong about the whole Me Against The World/Ready To Die thing.

No because at the time 2Pac was rapping about dealing with death. A lot of material hasn't come out yet from those unreleased recording from 2Pac's album yet some already have on soundtracks, and albums. A few were the likes of 'Only Fear Of Death', 'Bury Me A G' etc. (there's a version 2Pac done for his upcoming solo album)

A few songs did come out on the Me Against the world album anyway from those previous recordings but still - the concept was stolen, damm even look at the title. Says it all - 'Ready 2 Die'. Not something that Biggie would be bringing to the game if his first tracks were like 'Party & Bullshit' to this massive playa who's dealing with death - hell nah that was Pac!!

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2004, 12:13:36 AM »
And to anybody - look at peoples first albums it will tell you a lot about the rappers themselves. When a new rapper hits the scene he wants to let you know who he is. 2Pac's first showed he was mentally fit, and was fighting the struggle, and supporting.

Snoop showed he was this LBC partying mutha.. that didn't give a f..

Eminem showed (not counting Infinite but first commercial release) that he was this funny comediac type of guy that said stuff to get people heated like he loves to piss people off)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2004, 08:42:52 PM »
biggie is dope, I used to hate him when I was young and dumb, but when I pulled my head outta my ass I realized the great talent he had.  The GOAT?  no, but still a great rapper.  RIP.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2004, 03:31:15 AM »
this just reminds me of the track "i love dough" with jay z on life after death, which is sooo sick, it often gets overlooked, but i think its prob one of the top 3 tracks on the album.

exactly, this track is a heatrock & my fav track on the album, and probably in my top 5 big tracks

"half these rappin cats ain't seen war /
couldnt score if they had point game, they lame /
speak my name, I make em dash like Dame"
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2004, 08:59:53 PM »
biggie was great 8)

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2004, 12:43:10 PM »
this just reminds me of the track "i love dough" with jay z on life after death, which is sooo sick, it often gets overlooked, but i think its prob one of the top 3 tracks on the album.

exactly, this track is a heatrock & my fav track on the album, and probably in my top 5 big tracks

"half these rappin cats ain't seen war /
couldnt score if they had point game, they lame /
speak my name, I make em dash like Dame"

'Roca...Fella, Bad Boy collabo, 2 MC's with mad dough...'

Love this song, 'Played monopoly with real cash, me n Biggie...'

'Last Days' with the Lox is also slept on