Author Topic: Best Storyline ever in a game?  (Read 214 times)

Trauma-san

Best Storyline ever in a game?
« on: March 11, 2004, 08:34:40 PM »
... Just might possibly be in Dragon Warrior VII.  I'm playing it right now, I can't believe how deep it is.  You start off on this little island, and soon learn that there's a temple hidden on the island... you find some old stone fragments that look like a map, and then the fragments placed together warp you back in time to some other land.  The people there have a problem, eventually you fix it, and warp back to the present on your little island... only now there's a new island that's popped up... you go visit, and it's the land you just 'saved', only in the present time.

All through the game you do this, you go back, defeat or solve the problem, then come back to the present and visit the new land, you can go back and forth, etc. all through time.  It's amazing, you meet like hundreds of fucking people all with little storylines and things going on.  The shit even gets SAD, you go back in time, meet people who coulnd't get married because of whatever reasons, then go back to modern day, visit the town, and find their graves side by side where they died together 300 years ago or whatever.  There's little shit like that all through the game, it's reallllly complex.  Some of it is pretty corny or easy to figure out, but most of it is pretty interesting.  

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Best Storyline ever in a game?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 09:08:26 PM »
I'd say either LEgend of Zelda: Windwaker or Viewtiful Joe for modern games but all time greatest storyline, my favorite is................Xenogears, that game was long as fuck and everything tied in well, all the characters interacted to a certain point that it made the game seem as it happened to each individually plus each character had poutside factors influenceing their storyline.  I'm also stil really into FFX right now too.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 09:24:33 PM »
^ Have you played Dragon Warrior VII? (Or any of them, for that matter?)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 10:55:34 PM »
Knights of the Old Republic was by far the best storyline I've seen in a game.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 05:07:10 AM »
I bet 0.1% of the board know this game 'cause it's an adventure game, but the best storyline ever has got to be in Grim Fandango (by Lucasarts).

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 05:10:52 AM »
I bet 0.1% of the board know this game 'cause it's an adventure game, but the best storyline ever has got to be in Grim Fandango (by Lucasarts).

I know it. It's good.

my fav is Lufia, I havent played dragon warrior and knights of the old republic tho :/

Warcraft III is not too bad either, to me it's the best game overall. FOR THE HORDE!!! ._.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 05:27:47 AM »
Everybody make sure you get a Dragon Warrior.  I used to play the old one on the Nintendo, it's comparable to Final Fantasy, yall would love it.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 12:24:01 PM »
FINAL FUCKIN FANTASY, jesus, those stories are crazy

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 02:08:32 PM »
^ Have you played Dragon Warrior VII? (Or any of them, for that matter?)

I think I had part 1 on NES if I'm thinking of the right game it was fuckin dope, I was only 6 or 7 then but damn I remember playin it and watchin my mom play that and Zelda's on NES I would sit and pllay for a while without knowing what the fuck I was doing.  the NES 1 has a knight fighting a dragon on the cover right(don't feel like rummaging through my games ;D)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 02:10:49 PM by Handsome B. Wonderful »

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2004, 08:40:01 PM »
I'm not sure if there's a Knight on there, but there's a big green, yellow, and red dragon on the front.   The game is set up like final fantasy, you walk around and talk to people, and get experience points by fighting monsters outside the citys.  Eventually, you travel to the ancient castle and find the dragon lord, and fight him.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2004, 09:22:07 PM »
I've always enjoyed the storyline of Super Mario RPG for Super Nintendo.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 09:41:47 PM »
Never played it, but they're working on a new Mario RPG for the Gamecube as we speak.  Well, we're not really speaking... but you get what I mean.  As we type.