Author Topic: I hate Internet Wrestling sites  (Read 97 times)

Trauma-san

I hate Internet Wrestling sites
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:51:45 AM »
This shit is so stupid, here's a typical post from an Internet wrestling news site. This is from last night.

Backstage news behind the upcoming "roster lottery" on RAW
Submitted by Ben Johnson on Monday, March 15, 2004 at 10:28 PM EST

Now, this fucker submitted this news before RAW was even off.  And says it's backstage news.  O.K., so we're expecting something good.  

As announced on RAW, the plan for next week is for Vince McMahon to hold a "roster lottery," where all the current WWE talent will be subject to huge roster changes; RAW superstars could be "chosen" for SD!, and vice versa. All the SmackDown! talent will be on RAW next week.

This is all shit they said on live television, which everybody who watched already knows.  

The decision for this move was made, at least in part, due to the great lack of heel depth on SmackDown! following Brock Lesnar's departure. Some have also pointed to the low ratings as a reason for change, with fans potentially getting bored of seeing a lack of variety, now that the rosters have remained relatively unchanged since the original draft.

No shit.  Anybody could think that up, how is this backstage news?  What, ratings are down? No shit.  What, there's no heels on Smackdown! ? No shit.  How is this news?  

What should be interesting is the backstage reaction to the move, as many lives will change for the wrestlers. Travelling buddies may be broken up, and schedules will be revamped for wrestlers switching rosters.

No shit, again.  I could make this shit up, all it is is somebody's speculation on what's going to happen.

Credit: PWTorch.com

And then, the worst part! He didn't even make it up himself, he's copying what somebody ELSE made up with minimal effort on another news site.  WHAT IN THE FUCK.  

Almost all news is like this.  Maybe 1 or 2 things leak out a week, the rest is plain speculation.  

People will post shit like "WRESTLEMANIA NEWS ON HULK HOGANS RETURN!!!!"

And then you read the post, and it says "At This Time, there are no plans to bring in Hulk Hogan for Wrestlemania, but Vince has been pulling swerves lately, so any and all options are still open"

So basically, he just said "We don't know what the fuck's going on, it's Vince's decision".  Thanks for nothing.  

The Big Bad Ass

Re:I hate Internet Wrestling sites
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:40:09 AM »
Haha, word man, I'm done with internet wrestling sites. I stopped reading them a while back cause they were ruining any chances of being surprised when watching the shows. And like you showed in your quotes, half the stuff they post is bullshit just to make them look like they have something important. Only thing I enjoyed reading was interviews with some of the older wrestlers.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:33:56 AM »
I was actually surprised about Vince's announcement.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:43:55 PM »
^ Yeah, me too, it was surprising.