Author Topic: Out of control Marriages  (Read 206 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Out of control Marriages
« on: March 11, 2004, 01:50:32 PM »
This is an e-mail I got. It's funny, but it also addresses a serious issue of marriages between those other than traditional.

Doug Clark, the associate editor for Highpoint Enterprise Newspaper ( A scene at City Hall in San Francisco) .

"Next."
"Good morning. We want to apply for a marriage license."
"Names?"
"Tim and Jim Jones."
"Jones? Are you related? I see a resemblance."
"Yes, we're brothers."
"Brothers? You can't get married."
"Why not? Aren't you giving marriage licenses to same gender couples?"
"Yes, thousands. But we haven't had any siblings. That's incest!"
"Incest? No, we are not gay."
"Not gay? Then why do you want to get married?"
"For the financial benefits, of course. And we do love each other. Besides, we don't have any other prospects."
"But we're issuing marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples who've been denied equal protection under the law. If you are not gay, you can get married to a woman."
"Wait a minute. A gay man has the same right to marry a woman as I have. But just because I'm straight doesn't mean I want to marry a woman. I want to marry Jim."
"And I want to marry Tim, Are you going to discriminate against us just because we are not gay?"
"All right, all right. I'll give you your license. Next."

"Hi. We are here to get married."
"Names?"
"John Smith, Jane James, Robert Green, and June Johnson."
"Who wants to marry whom?"
"We all want to marry each other."
"But there are four of you!"
"That's right. You see, we're all bisexual. I love Jane and Robert, Jane loves me and June, June loves Robert and Jane, and Robert loves June and me. All of us getting married together is the only way that we can express our sexual preferences in a marital relationship."
"But we've only been granting licenses to gay and lesbian couples."
"So you're discriminating against bisexuals!"
"No, it's just that, well, the traditional idea of marriage is that it's just for couples."
"Since when are you standing on tradition?"
"Well, I mean, you have to draw the line somewhere."
"Who says? There's no logical reason to limit marriage to couples. The more the better. Besides, we demand our rights! The mayor says the constitution guarantees equal protection under the law. Give us a marriage license!"
"All right, all right. Next."

"Hello, I'd like a marriage license."
"In what names?"
"David Deets."
"And the other man?"
"That's all. I want to marry myself."
"Marry yourself? What do you mean?"
"Well, my psychiatrist says I have a dual personality, so I want to marry the two together. Maybe I can file a joint income-tax return."
"That does it! I quit!! You people are making a mockery of marriage!!"

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

kosta

Re:Out of control Marriages
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 02:59:45 PM »
why do u gay people have to get married? i dont get it

marriage is raped from it's tradition, and like this dude said, it's getting mocked over and over again

ill never marry when im grown up just cause marriage turned into bullshit

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 03:21:33 PM »
Lincoln: Your argument you presented has absoultely no defense.  It's the perfect way to shut up somebody who says gay people should get married.  There is absoultely no argument against what you just said.  Peace~

kosta

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 03:29:10 PM »
Lincoln: Your argument you presented has absoultely no defense.  It's the perfect way to shut up somebody who says gay people should get married.  There is absoultely no argument against what you just said.  Peace~

you mean what i've said?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 06:00:49 AM »
Up.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:12:19 PM »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

kosta

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 09:50:10 AM »
what kind argument did lincoln post?! am i the only person who can see my post? lol

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 12:06:12 AM »
Here's a argument i kept hearing from anti-gay marriage supporters : it was "Marriage is for a man and a woman so that they could give birth to children"....Well, What about those couples who marry but cannot concieve children?? Shouldn't they be banned from marriage too because they cannot bear childeren???....just sumthin i thought about.....Im Not in support of gay marriages, but that's one thing that crossed my mind....

And all this gay marriage deal has brought out a lot of gayness too.....Im being serious, but i think those Queer Eye Guys are to blame for this gay uprising (Not being all against gayness or anything, just saying)

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 07:17:09 AM »
Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry? It's not like its hurting anyone.

I think everyone should have equal rights, unless they infringe others rights, and gay marraige doesnt infringe anybodys.

Surely people who are so pro-marraige would be in favour of this, as these people want to embrace marraige while others are turning their back on it.

Sounds like when blacks usen't to be able to marry whites. I think in maybe 20 years people will see san francisco to be well ahead of its time. I find people against it now seem to be the same breed of people who were against inter-racial marraiges in the 60s and 70s
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 10:45:24 AM »
They SHOULD be allowed to get married so we won't have gay ass threads like this....so we won't have our news stations filled wit gay stories....so we won't have gay protests and gettin roads blocked off....so we won't get these gay ass muthafucaz paranoid....cuzz when gay people feel like they are not accepted, they get KRAYZIE like no other....that's when gay rape cases go up....WHAT'S THE REASON TO NOT TO LET EM DO WHAT THEY WANNA? It ain't like it has anything to do wit us....who cares if it ain't moral or wuteva? let THEM go to hell....it's got NOTHING to do wit us....plus, look @ tha bright side, more men get married and get taken, more bitches left for us....fold.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!