Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN WARREN G AND SUGE  (Read 1738 times)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re:WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN WARREN G AND SUGE
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 07:36:14 AM »
Alright, this is what I read went down between Warren & Suge.  This is from a highly reliable source (the excellent book ''LAbyrinth'' which mainly surrounds the murders of 2pac and Biggie but features a brief account on the history of Death Row and Suge in particular) and seems quite believable.

Warren made some comments to what I think was ''The Source'' complaining about how he felt that he played a significant part in the success of Dre, Snoop and Death Row in general - and that he wasn't receiving the recognition that he deserved. Suge heard of this and ''a meeting'' was made between him and Warren. Shortly afterwards Warren apparently requested that his comments regarding Death Row were retracted from his feature in the magazine, and he bought a pair of new guns for protection purposes.

Just to point out, I'm trying to find the exact extract from the book but annoyingly it doesn't have an index so I can't merely look up Warren G >:( When I find the proper quote I'll put that up so you can see what was actually written, but that above pretty much covers it.

"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
Re: WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN WARREN G AND SUGE
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 07:39:17 AM »
Yeah, But If I Had Got Slapped, I Just Wouldn't Bring It Up.  I Would Never Just Deny It The Way He Does.  It Couldn't Have Happened, I Trust 'Em.

Yeah, I agree with that. If that had really happened you would avoid the question completely, you wouldn't deny it (particularly if it was in reference to someone like Suge!).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I found the quote from the book ''LAbyrinth'' surrounding the supposed encounter between Warren G and Suge. Read on:

''The rapper and producer Warren G., angry that he was being robbed credit by Knight and Dr. Dre, rashly advised an interviewer from the 'Source' that he had ''made'' Death Row Records, only to phone the magazine a few days later and plead that the editors not publish his remarks. The quote appeared in print anyway, and soon after a story spread among Death Row's staff that Warren G. had been visited in the middle of the night by several Bloods who stuck guns in his face and warned him to watch what he said. All anyone knew for certain is that Warren G., obviously shaken, began carrying a pair of 9mm pistols.''

Interesting, to say the least...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 09:56:04 AM by DPG2K »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 10:08:29 AM »
stupid ass suge knight, someone should have shot that fool by now

Doggystylin

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 11:42:53 AM »
damn this thread is the definition of OOOLDDD, just shows how long i been around here

Smooth

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 02:30:48 PM »
damn this thread is the definition of OOOLDDD, just shows how long i been around here

LOL I feel ya on that Doggy...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

eNgIeS

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 04:05:34 AM »
In Ronin Ro's "Have Gun Will Travel", it basically said what happened

Ok apparently at some party in 1992-1993, Warren was drunk & was gettin heated with a blood friend of Suge's. Suge got in there & slapped Warren

Then at the Doggystyle release party on a boat, there was some gangsta shit going on there like fights & shit, people got thrown off the boat by the bloods (after they beat em down of course). Apparently for an unknown reason (or for no reason) Suge & his bloods took exception to Warren & all his crip friends being there. They absolutely tore warrens friends a new asshole, & Warren was like "Come on Suge that aint cool why y'all do that" & you could tell he'd had enuff of Death Row

Another story was Suge getting Warren to put that "red 64 to be exact" line in.

The rest is what happened he was drunk when he did the interview with the Source & talked some shit on Death Row. Death Row found out, & 2-3 bloods broke in Warren's house while he was a sleep, & woke him up pointing guns & basically threatened him about the article & Death Row. After that Warren got 2 guns to protect himself

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 04:39:25 AM »
someone should have shot that fool by now

not possible. hes always in jail hiding..lol

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN WARREN G AND SUGE
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 07:56:47 AM »
I wouldn't put anything past Suge....He once made a guy in prison drink his piss.
Really?That's fucked up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 06:23:04 PM »

LOL

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2004, 04:33:06 AM »

Ok apparently at some party in 1992-1993, Warren was drunk & was gettin heated with a blood friend of Suge's. Suge got in there & slapped Warren

Then at the Doggystyle release party on a boat, there was some gangsta shit going on there like fights & shit, <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people</a> got thrown off the boat by the bloods (after they beat em down of course). Apparently for an unknown reason (or for no reason) Suge & his bloods took exception to Warren & all his crip <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> being there. They absolutely tore warrens <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> a new asshole, & Warren was like "Come on Suge that aint cool why y'all do that" & you could tell he'd had enuff of Death Row

The rest is what happened he was drunk when he did the interview with the Source & talked some shit on Death Row. Death Row found out, & 2-3 bloods broke in Warren's <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=house&v=55">house</a> while he was a sleep, & woke him up pointing guns & basically threatened him about the article & Death Row. After that Warren got 2 guns to protect himself

interesting story

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2004, 11:16:56 AM »
damn there is hellatalk about Suge lately, i got a feeling im going to be hearing something about him in the news or something. (Again)

from the yay

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2004, 07:13:12 PM »
yeah,suge is hella crooked,he's like the classic caricature of a shady boxing promoter or something, lol,I seen him on hollywood extra,or celebrity justice one time and there he was ,puffing away on one of his oversized cigars ,shifty eyed than a muthafucka,explaining how he feels he gets a bad rap...it was one of the funniest things i've ever seen...

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »

Then at the Doggystyle release party on a boat, there was some gangsta shit going on there like fights & shit, <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people</a> got thrown off the boat by the bloods (after they beat em down of course). Apparently for an unknown reason (or for no reason) Suge & his bloods took exception to Warren & all his crip <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> being there. They absolutely tore warrens <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> a new asshole, & Warren was like "Come on Suge that aint cool why y'all do that" & you could tell he'd had enuff of Death Row

The rest is what happened he was drunk when he did the interview with the Source & talked some shit on Death Row. Death Row found out, & 2-3 bloods broke in Warren's <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=house&v=55">house</a> while he was a sleep, & woke him up pointing guns & basically threatened him about the article & Death Row. After that Warren got 2 guns to protect himself

interesting story

from the yay

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 11:06:37 AM »
have gun will travel is a great book.definately a must read for anyone who loved that era...and actually a good read for anyone really.