Author Topic: warren g interview from musicpharm  (Read 871 times)

teecee

Re:warren g interview from musicpharm
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2004, 10:24:42 PM »
Well, i feel like saying fuck snoop AND nate, and also fuck this album.  However, i will wait to hear the finished product b4 i judge.   It is sad though, thats all i will say.

And oh yeah, i say fuck nate also, cuz he has never really rode for warren, never even had him on his last album, these are some fucked up best friends.   I still hope the album is tight....

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2004, 12:35:59 AM »
Yeah, Warren should stand up for himself more. He's always like "its all good im not trippin" but Im sure theres a lot of things that piss him off. First he said "its all good, we weed some diversity on the 213 album, but we got a lot of west coast producers" and then in the next question he said "yea i'd produce the whole 213 album if i could". He even admitted it wasnt his decision. I wouldnt be surpised if Snoop gets 80% of the profit and Warren is like "its all good Snoop, you can have it"
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2004, 01:20:44 AM »
Yeah, Warren should stand up for himself more. He's always like "its all good im not trippin" but Im sure theres a lot of things that piss him off. First he said "its all good, we weed some diversity on the 213 album, but we got a lot of west coast producers" and then in the next question he said "yea i'd produce the whole 213 album if i could". He even admitted it wasnt his decision. I wouldnt be surpised if Snoop gets 80% of the profit and Warren is like "its all good Snoop, you can have it"

Yeah, that's true. The man never seems to be upset or mad about anything. He shoulda stepped up and told Snoop "we aint gonna do it like that" and try to come to an agreement where all three were happy about the record.

But, like said before, there must be something wrong with Warren. You know, he is one of the best producers in the west hands down, everyone agrees with that. Yet he hardly appears in anyone's albums. That's weird if you ask me. He always have all this Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, Daz, etc. on his albums but those never tell him to be their albums. Don't know what's up with that. Must be something we dont know.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2004, 01:25:01 AM »
This aint really all that suprising.  Snoop didnt even want to do the record in the first place.  This stuff should be expected from him.  I mean the whole eastsidaz fiasco, to wack albums.  I dont respect snoop or give him as much credit as most of the people in this forum do.  I credit his early success to Dr. Dre.  I dont know, maybe warren g's beats werent hittin.  But judgin on snoops last couple albums, snoop doesnt know what a hit is.

i wouldnt go as far as to say that dre is reponsiblr for snoops early success, but i agree with everything else^^^

peace

BL7

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2004, 01:26:54 AM »

Yup. And I was LMAO when the dude said something like: "Would you tell Snoop to get off of that pimp bullshit & get back to his Doggystyle days?" & Warren was like "Uhh.....yeah". ;D

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2004, 06:24:24 AM »
I'm beginning to believe the westcoast fans are starting to be daunted by the 'Warren G-Mystery'...WHY doesn't he produce for anyone and WHY is he so timid and easy?

I'd surely like to know why.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 09:23:37 PM »
But, like said before, there must be something wrong with Warren. You know, he is one of the best producers in the west hands down, everyone agrees with that. Yet he hardly appears in anyone's albums. That's weird if you ask me. He always have all this Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, Daz, etc. on his albums but those never tell him to be their albums. Don't know what's up with that. Must be something we dont know.

FINALLY somebody else who looks at the bigger picture.  There's *GOT to be something going on with Warren.  NOBODY works with this motherfucker and he's like the #3 greatest westcoast producer of all time.  Shit, he should even rap on people's records, he's always got a bad rap (no pun intended) about his rap skills, I think he sounds fine, he'd sound pretty good on about anything.  All his albums were tight as hell, "I want it all" was off the hook from beats to vocals... that's my favorite one, but shit... everything he does is usually good.... but yet nobody wants a beat? He should be up there with the Neptunes and shit producing everybody's stuff, he seems like he's pretty easy to get along with.  Dude must be a crackhead or something, maybe he smells like shit, or maybe he's a kleptomaniac and always steals people's wallets and shit.  GOT to be something.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 09:26:34 PM by I Just Wasn't Made For These Times »

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2004, 12:29:22 AM »

FINALLY somebody else who looks at the bigger picture.  There's *GOT to be something going on with Warren.  NOBODY works with this motherfucker and he's like the #3 greatest westcoast producer of all time.  Shit, he should even rap on people's records, he's always got a bad rap (no pun intended) about his rap skills, I think he sounds fine, he'd sound pretty good on about anything.  All his albums were tight as hell, "I want it all" was off the hook from beats to vocals... that's my favorite one, but shit... everything he does is usually good.... but yet nobody wants a beat? He should be up there with the Neptunes and shit producing everybody's stuff, he seems like he's pretty easy to get along with.  Dude must be a crackhead or something, maybe he smells like shit, or maybe he's a kleptomaniac and always steals people's wallets and shit.  GOT to be something.

Yeah, there's got to be something we don't know. But what? U know, dude seems to be always cool, never had a problem with anyone. Everyone gives props to Warren, I never heard nobody diss him you know, in terms of not working with him or him being a dickhead or something. And you know how this shit is, when there's a problem or beef between anyone, everyone gets to know it. Plus you can spot him in a lot of music videos or dvds and people give him props in their records. Question is...why did Kurupt (for exemple) give props to Warren in Space Boogie and not ask him to produce? Same with Nate and a lot others. Why does he appear in Quik's Visualism but he never worked with Quik (that I know of)? That'd be tight, Warren rapping in a Quik production or viceversa.

It's definitely a mystery.

BL7

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2004, 08:52:23 AM »

Yeah, there's got to be something we don't know. But what? U know, dude seems to be always cool, never had a problem with anyone. Everyone gives props to Warren, I never heard nobody diss him you know, in terms of not working with him or him being a dickhead or something. And you know how this shit is, when there's a problem or beef between anyone, everyone gets to know it. Plus you can spot him in a lot of music videos or dvds and people give him props in their records. Question is...why did Kurupt (for exemple) give props to Warren in Space Boogie and not ask him to produce? Same with Nate and a lot others. Why does he appear in Quik's Visualism but he never worked with Quik (that I know of)? That'd be tight, Warren rapping in a Quik production or viceversa.

It's definitely a mystery.

Nate Dogg Feat. Warren G & DJ Quik - There She Goes(only a snippet though)

Warren also rapped over Don't Tell which was produced by Quik.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2004, 09:37:39 AM »

Yeah, forgot about those, but I meant working with him in one of his albums, like Quik askin Warren to feature in his album.

BL7

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2004, 12:34:36 PM »

Yeah, forgot about those, but I meant working with him in one of his albums, like Quik askin Warren to feature in his album.

Oh, I see. I remember back when Warren's board was up, he asked people who he should work with & the majority said Quik. Warren replied with something like "DJ Quik it is", so he might be on his new record.

Trauma-san

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2004, 07:35:19 PM »
It COULD be that Warren just don't have a good work ethic... maybe it takes him 2 months to do a beat, or something.  Maybe he's lazy.  That would explain why nobody disses him, because he's so cool and laid back, but it'd also explain why he ain't never gettin' anything accomplished.  He's high as fuck all the time, maybe he's just toasted