Author Topic: RBG  (Read 134 times)

SGV

RBG
« on: April 04, 2004, 07:44:57 PM »
I just peeped this album. It's solid. I'm far from a dead prez fan, but damn, I gotta give them props on this album. Real dope messages, topics etc. Production was strong, too. I'm gonna have to give Let's Get Free another listen.

How were their mixtapes?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:RBG
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 07:54:15 PM »
How were their mixtapes?

Vol 2 is wack as fuck. I liked it on the first listen, but now I think it's terrible. Download "Fuck The Law" and "When Mama Cries" (I think that's what it's called), the only good tracks on it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 07:57:49 PM »
yo so SGV...im thinkin bout making a run up to the video place to get some movies and theres a target next door...is it worth 11.99?

SGV

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 08:09:42 PM »
I'll put it this way Luke. If YOU can get passed the "White Bashing" then, I think so. For someone who has never been a dead prez fan, I think this shit is very tight. But, I'd at least peep it first man. Don't buy it off my word. See if you dig it yourself.

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 09:02:37 PM »
i've never had a problem with their white bashing before...i dont think they should do it but it wouldnt keep me from listening to them...i've never been a big dead prez fan either but ill check the album out.